Thats that

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i will get grief for this but this morning I have registered at mcfc.co.uk and bought arsenal and villa games even though im a season ticket holder at BP.

I have had enough of paying (admittedly less than city) to watch and to be part of that drivel.

Last night was an embarrassment, I used to be so into latics, Going up and down the country to watch them but this season there is nothing there, to continue playing gregan, hazel and brill is a farce, everyone can see Brill is not good enough for a pub team yet there has been no moves to bring anyone, and i mean anyone, In.

His head has gone, we need any other professional keeper, Get budz back even. but its not just what goes on the pitch,

The event as a whole is a farce, I couldnt get a drink at half time, the atmosphere was terrible and im not being part of that!

for a few pounds move just a few miles down the road there is world class players playing well in a good league, for me its got to much to say no.

You know what, I'm ashamed to say that I had similar thoughts last night as I walked back to my car.

I posted last week that a big reason for me that there are so many 'stay aways' at BP is because it's just not enjoyable or entertaining anymore. We've been :censored: for all but 3 or 4 of my 25+ years of watching Latics but never the less I always got a buzz from going to BP, win lose or draw. The commeraderie, the singing, the sense of everyone pulling together (not like those :censored: in the RRE last night) in the same direction has totally disappeared. It's just bloody boring now, win, lose or draw.

I love football and always have, Latics are my team, but I just don't feel like I get anything out of going to watch them these days. It maybe lower league football in general I don't know, but where are the flair players who do something unexpected, where are the Ritchie's, the Holden's, the Palmer's or the David Eyres, people that I would pay just to watch them. To me all we see now are a bunch or robots playing to a system with no skill or guile evdent at all, it's just boring.

I hate to say it, but to see anything remotely entertianing you have to watch Premier greed stuff...... but unlike you I could never swap my allegance. I am considering picking and choosing Premier greed games around the north west and going watching as a neutral, as I say I love football and don't think I could give it up. But it pains me to say I think I'm falling out of love with watching Latics.

So I am a numpty because i dont want to spend my friday night/saturday afternoons in that cow shed watching players who dont want to be there being abused by young kids who have nothing better to do,

Just for the record ive always been a latics fan even though all my family are city and always have been, I think i would stop going to home games if it clashed with city and just go to away games which are a good day out, sometimes spoiled by the football!

What I don't get is why you're bothering to tell us all this. Why don't you just sod off.

I love football and always have, Latics are my team, but I just don't feel like I get anything out of going to watch them these days. It maybe lower league football in general I don't know, but where are the flair players who do something unexpected, where are the Ritchie's, the Holden's, the Palmer's or the David Eyres, people that I would pay just to watch them. To me all we see now are a bunch or robots playing to a system with no skill or guile evdent at all, it's just boring.

We are unfortunate in that Latics have entered what appears to be an irreversible decline at the very time that lower division football is being ruined.

It just isn't the same watching a pretty much brand new squad every couple of years, and the revolving door throughout the season only reinfoces the absurdity. And then the widening gulf between the top two divisions and the lower two means that unless a club is lucky enough to attract a wealthy and committed owner, or else is a fallen giant, its chances of long-term survival, let alone advancement, in the division above are slim.

I always knew the formation of the PL, and the Sky connection, would ruin the game.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

What I don't get is why you're bothering to tell us all this. Why don't you just sod off.

'Cos he's a poser. "ooh look what I'm doing, I'm soo clever" - just sod off quietly if you don't want to come anymore, why bother to come on here saying it unless it's to try to get people to join you/agree with you, thus damaging the club further which can be the only outcome.

Traitor glory hunting disloyal name dropping Manc are a few of the names I could call you but wont as its a personal decision and hope your new club rots in the pire of money that is ruining football. How anyone with a latics background can contemplate supporting a club managed by Mark Hughes is beyond me. If its 50 or 500 we are better off without you even after 2 months, 2 years, 28 years, 128 years if in the Blue Square North. I am sick of hearing the moaning as if we have the budget of "Real Madrid". Anyone with a history of supporting latics knows the issues we face. Wear your new shirt with pride knowing its just faded blue. Cant understand if thats how you feel you are bothering signing into the "supporters" board to share your news.

As for the car analogy I will stick with my Mini thanks because its what I can afford.

Bye.

one hundred percent behind you on this issue... :grin:

Still havent been this season and from what I am hearing on this board I dont think I am missing much....

Well, there you go, you "don't think you are missing much" - says more about you claiming to be a latics fan - you've pretty much dropped into the category I prescribed - people who pose their views to try to get others to folow in the denigration of someone else's concern.

So you don;t go - who cares - only you, and people like me when you make this sort of asnine comment.

You're not a latics fan any more, you don't go - so go away. There's nothing for you here by your own admission.

I know i will get grief for this but this morning I have registered at mcfc.co.uk and bought arsenal and villa games even though im a season ticket holder at BP.

I have had enough of paying (admittedly less than city) to watch and to be part of that drivel.

Last night was an embarrassment, I used to be so into latics, Going up and down the country to watch them but this season there is nothing there, to continue playing gregan, hazel and brill is a farce, everyone can see Brill is not good enough for a pub team yet there has been no moves to bring anyone, and i mean anyone, In.

His head has gone, we need any other professional keeper, Get budz back even. but its not just what goes on the pitch,

The event as a whole is a farce, I couldnt get a drink at half time, the atmosphere was terrible and im not being part of that!

for a few pounds move just a few miles down the road there is world class players playing well in a good league, for me its got to much to say no.

What I think you are failing to understand here is the term Supporter.

I support Latics because I was born in Oldham, I was brought up in Oldham and they are my Hometownclub.

I could never support anyone else no matter how bad things got at the club and no matter how many matches we lost and no matter which division we were in, if we ever do go out of business, I simply would not go and watch anybody, I couldn't.

Its in my blood, its my birthright, sure I could go and watch any club I chose, but my heart could never be in it, I could never call myself a fan of any other club because it simply wouldn't be true and deep down I would always know that, and so should you.

Anyway, good riddance.

Well, there you go, you "don't think you are missing much" - says more about you claiming to be a latics fan - you've pretty much dropped into the category I prescribed - people who pose their views to try to get others to folow in the denigration of someone else's concern.

So you don;t go - who cares - only you, and people like me when you make this sort of asnine comment.

You're not a latics fan any more, you don't go - so go away. There's nothing for you here by your own admission.

you really dont get it you real do you

people cant go due to financial reasons (or maybe they cant be arsed) like me, who would love to go if i could afford it

you are not a latics fan anymore, you dont go - so go away? who do you think you are?

all hail superfan real

people cant go due to financial reasons (or maybe they cant be arsed) like me, who would love to go if i could afford it

you are not a latics fan anymore, you dont go - so go away? who do you think you are?

all hail superfan real

Where did I mention money? The threads about people who decide to stop going to Latics and go to Citeh, or come on here saying "I'm not going 'cos I don't care" (they don't say "don't care" but that's what they mean)- is that what you're about?

Where did I mention money? The threads about people who decide to stop going to Latics and go to Citeh, or come on here saying "I'm not going 'cos I don't care" (they don't say "don't care" but that's what they mean)- is that what you're about?

you was replying to OAFC0000 about him saying he still hasnt been this season.

how do you know he isnt experiencing financial problems like half the country (including me)?

but before you know the facts you start saying you are not a latics fan blah blah blah

before you know the facts why dont you try keeping your :censored:ing mouth shut?

superfan real strikes again

to be honest if he had the money to go and watch but decided to keep it in his pocket can you blame him?

but its got nowt to do you with you what he does, but hes still a latics fan do you get me? you need to pipe down a bit superfan real

all hail superfan real

Exactly- people don't go to games for various number of reasons. I didn't go last night- not just because I couldn't be arsed but because I've got other things on my plate at the moment and me spending the weekend at my parent's house just to watch an Oldham game on Friday night was not the right decision. Plus although I could have got there it would have been a major hassel (as demonstrated by the 261 Pool fans who had less far to travel than I did) and the last thing I'd have wanted is to get half-way there get stuck in the regular traffic jam around Leeds on a Friday night and then not be able to make it in time for kick-off.

I ask Mr. Real- did he go to Brentford, did he go to Millwall, how about last years game at Bristol on a Tuesday night? If this board was limited to only those who have been to all the Oldham games in the last year there would only be about 10 people on it. People miss games for whatever reason it doesn't make them any less of a supporter than those who go to every game- in fact I would wager there are a few posters on here who do more mileage following Oldham who don't go to every game than those who do but live in Oldham.

If someone decides that they want to make it public they are going to a Citeh game instead of an Oldham game then that's there look out but to moan at someone who doesn't live round the corner who has said he is not going to a game is wrong.

Creepy & Medic - very nice of you two to run to the assistance of oafc0000, but wtf do you know about his circumstances? And knowing nothing about them, you've jumped all over me with character assasinations based on your unknowing assumptions. The thread is ALL ABOUT NOT GOING ANYMORE....oafc0000 made a comment backing that view up. If it was about not being able to afford it, why-the-f would he be posting somehting that backs up someone going off to CITEH? Why wouldn't he be saying "well, I'm not going 'coss I can't afford it, but your "off to citeh" attitude stinks"???????????

Creeps, you're still clearly bitter about the replies about the stadiums - so much so that you're responding to everything I say in a wholly negative manner - you need to take a step back, look at things a bit more clearly.

Medic, you've jumped in for some reason on the back of creeps comments (btw I'm not Mr Real, I'm real) - wtf is that about. Maybe you should read back on oafc0000s comments in the past - he's claimed not to be short of cash (well over £50k wage iirc) so even if he's lost his job he'd be unlikely to be potless.

Hey ho, it's always been clear that people like to claim outrage on behalf of others - they see themselves as defending the weak, but in reality they are trying to use another to make their own case, behind a smokescreen in many cases.

You 2 want to sit with the OP and oafc000 - go ahead. Your choice. :huh:

Edited by real

Creepy & Medic - very nice of you two to run to the assistance of oafc0000, but wtf do you know about his circumstances? And knowing nothing about them, you've jumped all over me with character assasinations based on your unknowing assumptions. The thread is ALL ABOUT NOT GOING ANYMORE....oafc0000 made a comment backing that view up.

Creeps, you're still clearly bitter about the replies about the stadiums - so much so that you're responding to everything I say in a wholly negative manner - you need to take a step back, look at things a bit more clearly.

Medic, you've jumped in for some reason on the back of creeps comments (btw I'm not Mr Real, I'm real) - wtf is that about. Maybe you should read back on oafc0000s comments in the past - he's claimed not to be short of cash (well over £50k wage iirc) so even if he's lost his job he'd be unlikely to be potless.

Hey ho, it's always been clear that people like to claim outrage on behalf of others - they see themselves as defending the weak, but in reality they are trying to use another to make their own case, behind a smokescreen in many cases.

what do you really know about his circumstances? £50k a year he might have 35 kids and a massive mortgage. do you know he hasnt?

i aint sticking up for anyone i dont know, but if he is experiencing difficulties like myself the last thing we need is a 'superfan' trying to tell us we cant have an opinion because we cant afford to go, my opinion is as valid as yours. its you real who needs to take a step back and look at things a bit more clearly.

and regarding the posts about Failsworth, you completely lost me when you started on about how i love my kids etc hence the non reply :wink:

what do you really know about his circumstances? £50k a year he might have 35 kids and a massive mortgage. do you know he hasnt?

i aint sticking up for anyone i dont know, but if he is experiencing difficulties like myself the last thing we need is a 'superfan' trying to tell us we cant have an opinion because we cant afford to go, my opinion is as valid as yours. its you real who needs to take a step back and look at things a bit more clearly.

and regarding the posts about Failsworth, you completely lost me when you started on about how i love my kids etc hence the non reply :wink:

1. If he's got 35 kids, he needs to keep it in his pants. And kids STs are only £50 anyway. 35 x £50 is only £1750 which is easily affordable from a £50k wage. <_<

2. You are clearly sticking up for him - you F'ing replied from my post back at him - in a f'ing thread about p'ssing off to citeh. F' off with the superfan shctick it doesn't wash - an easy pose as a snap back - it's not like I'm calling someone who's a fan but can't go - it's someone sodding off and someone backing that up - YEAH I'm a SUPERFAN by comparison to that. You give it loads with that stuff - but like you say - you don't know about him. It was HIM I commented on, not YOU. :angry:

3. Failsworth - the "love my kids" stuff - don't know wtf you are on about. Lost me there. Maybe I've forgooten something but that means nowt to me. :huh:

C'mon creepy, it's not about you & me this stuff - it's about supporting latics when you can or CHOOSING not to - that's where I'm having a go - are you on that side or not?

Edited by real

1. If he's got 35 kids, he needs to keep it in his pants. And kids STs are only £50 anyway. 35 x £50 is only £1750 which is easily affordable from a £50k wage. <_<

2. You are clearly sticking up for him - you F'ing replied from my post back at him - in a f'ing thread about p'ssing off to citeh. F' off with the superfan shctick it doesn't wash - an easy pose as a snap back - it's not like I'm calling someone who's a fan but can't go - it's someone sodding off and someone backing that up - YEAH I'm a SUPERFAN by comparison to that. You give it loads with that stuff - but like you say - you don't know about him. It was HIM I commented on, not YOU. :angry:

3. Failsworth - the "love my kids" stuff - don't know wtf you are on about. Lost me there. Maybe I've forgooten something but that means nowt to me. :huh:

C'mon creepy, it's not about you & me this stuff - it's about supporting latics when you can or CHOOSING not to - that's where I'm having a go - are you on that side or not?

yeah ur missis pops kids out and all you have to buy them is a season ticket :laught16: you are hard work real, put your calculator away its too late son

you are missing the point and i think you have had too much alcohol tonight, if you are on tomorrow we will carry this discussion yeah!

but when it comes down to it you think you are having a go at people for not going to the match when you dont know what peoples circumstances are (which is childish)

and if you want to look at the thread about failsworth you was talking about me loving my kids etc :shock:

Why is it that when things are going badly the stupid and the cowardly begin to fight amongst themselves?

That is a bit f'ing out of order whoever it's aimed at - assuming it's the comments from me, creepy, medic - which is a reasonable asumption given it's placing. If it's me - you're bang out of order. If it's anyone, the same applies. I only hope you've been drinking.

And yeah I've been swearing too much tonite. Out of character - I usually try to avoid it, but sometimes......

yeah ur missis pops kids out and all you have to buy them is a season ticket :laught16: you are hard work real, put your calculator away its too late son

you are missing the point and i think you have had too much alcohol tonight, if you are on tomorrow we will carry this discussion yeah!

but when it comes down to it you think you are having a go at people for not going to the match when you dont know what peoples circumstances are (which is childish)

and if you want to look at the thread about failsworth you was talking about me loving my kids etc :shock:

Ok creeps, you make your choice. Oafc000 backs up a deserter, you back him up - you say he might have 35 kids to back yoursel' up too. Yeah right. I'm having a go(just to say this AGAIN - try reading it...) at people who say "sod it I'm off to citeh" - that's the thread, but you're not on this thread, you're on another one revolving in your head from some time ago on another subject.

And what's more you're having a go in someone's defence, who you say I don;t know the circumstances of (but I think I know more than you) - but you know f-all about the person you're defending. Why don't you leave it to him to defend himself - he doesn't need you to do it,or to twist it to make it part of your position.

Why don't you just bleeding well admit it it - you're not whining about oafc0000, it's YOU you're bothered about - wtf does oafc0000 mean to you? how many others have you defended aginainst the so-called "superfan"?? Is it just when I say something or what?

Get over it creepy.

(Give me a link to what you're on about on the f/w thread - I haven't a clue what you've got in your head and can't be bothered serching it - if you've a point in there and YOU want to re-raise it, get it linked or give it up)

True fans don't just switch clubs willy nilly,i'm as brassed off as anyone with the way things are going at the moment but i'm latics through and through and would never consider switching my allegiance......it just isn't done.

It's so easy to support a successful premiership side,but a true fan follows his heart!

Creepy & Medic - very nice of you two to run to the assistance of oafc0000, but wtf do you know about his circumstances? And knowing nothing about them, you've jumped all over me with character assasinations based on your unknowing assumptions. The thread is ALL ABOUT NOT GOING ANYMORE....oafc0000 made a comment backing that view up. If it was about not being able to afford it, why-the-f would he be posting somehting that backs up someone going off to CITEH? Why wouldn't he be saying "well, I'm not going 'coss I can't afford it, but your "off to citeh" attitude stinks"???????????

OK real. I've not jumped in on the back of anyone's comments but when you post something about someone not going not being a supporter, unless you go to every game you are being a hypocrite.

Even if you do go to every game (I don't know you but I don't believe I saw you comment on the Brentford match, which indicates that maybe you weren't there, a game I was at) to say that just because someone doesn't go to everygame doesn't make them a supporter is quite frankly insulting. I didn't go last night but I regularly travel 120 miles to go to home games, I go to the odd away game too but because I decided to not go to a game on a friday night when I'm 'working' until 5pm 140 miles away (I was in Sunderland- I take it you know where that is) I'm not a loyal supporter. :censored: off

People miss games for whatever reason- sometimes people are working, sometimes people can't afford it, sometimes people have other commitments, sometimes its too far away and sometimes people just can't be bothered. I know a bit about OAFC000's circumstances- I'm able to read and remember in fact I'm :censored: good at it- I wasn't sticking up for him I was sticking up for ME. OAFC000's reasons for not going are his own, my reasons for not going are my own (although it might be fairly obvious since I've just shared them) the fact that both of us don't go to a game which you decided was the crux of whether you are a loyal supporter or not and then deserving of posting on this board is just one of those things.

Would I stop going watching Oldham to go watch Citeh- never. Would I stop watching Oldham to go watch any other team in the North West- no. Would I stop watching Oldham to watch: Hartlepool, Darlington or Durham City (who are in the same league as FCUM) at the moment I might but not for a few years. Is this because I don't like Oldham anymore- no it would be simply because the hassel of travelling 240 or so miles minimum to watch the team I grew up watching is not that important to me as other things.

If you hadn't have insulted me with a I'm a bigger fan than you attitude (it may not be how you meant it but it was how you came across) then I probably wouldn't have posted in this thread at all. There are people who do more for this club and go further to support them who post on here than you and I know a few of them weren't there last night (no its not me) this board wouldn't exist without them.

Why is it that when things are going badly the stupid and the cowardly begin to fight amongst themselves?

Please don't imply that I'm stupid or cowardly- if that wasn't your intention then maybe you shouldn't have posted just after I've replied to someone.

Edited by rudemedic