Thats that

I know i will get grief for this but this morning I have registered at mcfc.co.uk and bought arsenal and villa games even though im a season ticket holder at BP.

I have had enough of paying (admittedly less than city) to watch and to be part of that drivel.

Last night was an embarrassment, I used to be so into latics, Going up and down the country to watch them but this season there is nothing there, to continue playing gregan, hazel and brill is a farce, everyone can see Brill is not good enough for a pub team yet there has been no moves to bring anyone, and i mean anyone, In.

His head has gone, we need any other professional keeper, Get budz back even. but its not just what goes on the pitch,

The event as a whole is a farce, I couldnt get a drink at half time, the atmosphere was terrible and im not being part of that!

for a few pounds move just a few miles down the road there is world class players playing well in a good league, for me its got to much to say no.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i will get grief for this but this morning I have registered at mcfc.co.uk and bought arsenal and villa games even though im a season ticket holder at BP.

I have had enough of paying (admittedly less than city) to watch and to be part of that drivel.

Last night was an embarrassment, I used to be so into latics, Going up and down the country to watch them but this season there is nothing there, to continue playing gregan, hazel and brill is a farce, everyone can see Brill is not good enough for a pub team yet there has been no moves to bring anyone, and i mean anyone, In.

His head has gone, we need any other professional keeper, Get budz back even. but its not just what goes on the pitch,

The event as a whole is a farce, I couldnt get a drink at half time, the atmosphere was terrible and im not being part of that!

for a few pounds move just a few miles down the road there is world class players playing well in a good league, for me its got to much to say no.

can i come to please

Honest answer to that.....

I really really don't blame you one little bit.

To sum up the main stand where I sit

- Toilets that look like they have been imported from a spanish prison

- Pies that if eaten would incapacitate a small animal (that ones rummy's) - And even then if you want one so badly you need to get one before the game

- A seat made of festering rotting wood

- The worst set of fans anyone could hope for - and it is this factor for me, which is stopping me enjoying it.

A young girl was sat in front of me this game and her response to the goal (2-0) was "Come on latics, plenty of time, keep going" ie getting behind the team

Some of the evil looks she got was unbelievable

And comeone a few rows up to my right was having ago at other fans for clapping!!!

Does this town deserve a pro football club??

Edited by Lookers_Carl

The town does, but some of our supposed fans do not. (No different to anywhere else, mind).

As for anyone defecting to City or elsewhere - personally I'd rather you went to another lower/non league club to support the level of football that needs it, but I really can't blame you for wanting to see some real quality once in a while...

The town does, but some of our supposed fans do not. (No different to anywhere else, mind).

As for anyone defecting to City or elsewhere - personally I'd rather you went to another lower/non league club to support the level of football that needs it, but I really can't blame you for wanting to see some real quality once in a while...

Why go lower league when the quality is worse? For £20 you get latics, poor team, poorer ground/facilities, even pooer fans,

for £37 you get top top world class players, new ground with modern facilities, hope and optimism we can never match.

I would guess that around 500 or so have done the same as what i intend to do, I t makes sense.

If i were buying a car for say £20,000 a golf etc and in the showroom 4 miles down the road there was a ferrari daytona for sale for £37000 and I could afford the ferrari why on earth would i buy the golf?

Its the same principle, For the difference in... everything latics should be £10 entrance and city should be £100. but its not is it.

Why go lower league when the quality is worse? For £20 you get latics, poor team, poorer ground/facilities, even pooer fans,

for £37 you get top top world class players, new ground with modern facilities, hope and optimism we can never match.

I would guess that around 500 or so have done the same as what i intend to do, I t makes sense.

If i were buying a car for say £20,000 a golf etc and in the showroom 4 miles down the road there was a ferrari daytona for sale for £37000 and I could afford the ferrari why on earth would i buy the golf?

Its the same principle, For the difference in... everything latics should be £10 entrance and city should be £100. but its not is it.

even though i have said im not paying to see latics i would never defect to watch utd, city, or whoever.

id rather spend my my money in the pub watchin jeff stelling and co.

even though i have said im not paying to see latics i would never defect to watch utd, city, or whoever.

id rather spend my my money in the pub watchin jeff stelling and co.

I am just a football fan, I like the event, the game the rivalry etc.. non of which exist here anymore im affraid

But can I ask. What team will you be supporting and could you actually put on that teams shirt? now f*** o** (oh dear I must be one of them horrible fans you've mentioned... well not quite cos I don't boo at matches, but I sure don't pull punches on here!!)

All true. It depends what you want in return for your football fandom so to speak. I don't blame anyone for wanting to go and watch the best available - especially when it isn't actually that much dearer. In my early days as a Latics goer I used to go to Old Trafford for the same reason.

These days I'm happy enough watching MotD for the quality, in terms of going to games I get more joy out of trips to lower and non-league grounds around the country... something I'll do alot more of if I ever give up on Oldham home games.

It's to do with expectations. I'll be watching my 3rd game of the season this afternoon in Conf South. Standard really not much different from league 1 but £10 for me and free for the kids.

Not going now as it happens (something else came up), but I was going to go down to North Wales this afternoon to watch Colwyn Bay vs Clitheroe in the Unibond 1st Div North. £7 for adults and definitely not 3 times worse than Latics!

Just for the trip and the football by the way - no affinity at all with either club. And that's pretty much how I'd see a future without Latics, if that ever happened for me.

Edited by garcon

Honest answer to that.....

I really really don't blame you one little bit.

To sum up the main stand where I sit

- Toilets that look like they have been imported from a spanish prison

- Pies that if eaten would incapacitate a small animal (that ones rummy's) - And even then if you want one so badly you need to get one before the game

- A seat made of festering rotting wood

- The worst set of fans anyone could hope for - and it is this factor for me, which is stopping me enjoying it.

A young girl was sat in front of me this game and her response to the goal (2-0) was "Come on latics, plenty of time, keep going" ie getting behind the team

Some of the evil looks she got was unbelievable

And comeone a few rows up to my right was having ago at other fans for clapping!!!

so the TTA want a new ground cause BP is s*** and ppl still winge, its a no win situation!!

i wouldnt mind the failsworth stadium but coal pit lane would be spot on... rough as f*** :grin::grin::grin::lol:

Numpty

F**k you F**k your season ticket (stick it up your blue nose) and if we get to round 3 of the FA cup and you draw US, please dont bump in to me!!!!!!

If you think that's the same principle, then you know nothing at all, absolutely zilch about being a fan. You would have surely left years ago if that was the case?

Knee jerk reactions are usually made by jerks.

I'll send you a private message, about acquiring your season ticket, as it's no use to you.

So I am a numpty because i dont want to spend my friday night/saturday afternoons in that cow shed watching players who dont want to be there being abused by young kids who have nothing better to do,

Just for the record ive always been a latics fan even though all my family are city and always have been, I think i would stop going to home games if it clashed with city and just go to away games which are a good day out, sometimes spoiled by the football!

Like I said before lazyboy, really dont blame you one little bit, and your certainly not the first person to do this.

Although at the moment I can honestly say my level of enjoyment is rock bottom, if I did hit the point where I thought enough was enough, I would see myself walking away from the sport as a whole as I just couldn't bring myself to support a different club.