Thats that

If you hadn't have insulted me with a I'm a bigger fan than you attitude (it may not be how you meant it but it was how you came across) then I probably wouldn't have posted in this thread at all. There are people who do more for this club and go further to support them who post on here than you and I know a few of them weren't there last night (no its not me) this board wouldn't exist without them.

Look here, you jumped in on a thread about someone sodding off to city, and someone else not bothering this season, within a thread about sodding off to citeh. FFs the response from oafc000 was wholly directed at the point that he hadn't been to ANY games, and was not couched in any terms that implied/stated or whatever that he was UNABLE to attend - and all that in a thread about desertion.

Where on earth have I said anything about going to EVERY game - your whole aggro point? - Nowhere - it's all in your head. (why?). oafc000 hasn't been to ANY games - have you got that yet? - NONE - he seems to be proud of it.

If you think I was insulting you by commenting on the OP and oafc0000, then you're being paranoid. You seem to have jumped in to pally up with creepy - quoting him and saying "exactly" (ok, you think that's not jumping in on the back of - whatever - you believe that if you like - just quoting him wouldn't make anyone think that would it????)- but if you have the ability to READ, you could try READING my response to oafc0000 - which includes the words "YOU" (as a direct response to HIM) - as in "You "don't think you are missing much""; to which I go on to say "says more about YOU". etc etc etc

Where exactly have i said anything any YOU- being a rudemedic, before you joined in this thread about people who decide to watch city or to give some succor to such people?

I'd suggest you cannot substantiate your claim.

It's up to you, but I was never having a go at people who are unable to attend, just those that choose not to attend, that much is clear to any impartial observer. :huh:

(oh and all that "I take it you know where that is" - a bit silly really - gosh, where is sunderland? ) You need to get them chips off your shoulders.

Edited by real

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i will get grief for this but this morning I have registered at mcfc.co.uk and bought arsenal and villa games even though im a season ticket holder at BP.

I have had enough of paying (admittedly less than city) to watch and to be part of that drivel.

Last night was an embarrassment, I used to be so into latics, Going up and down the country to watch them but this season there is nothing there, to continue playing gregan, hazel and brill is a farce, everyone can see Brill is not good enough for a pub team yet there has been no moves to bring anyone, and i mean anyone, In.

His head has gone, we need any other professional keeper, Get budz back even. but its not just what goes on the pitch,

The event as a whole is a farce, I couldnt get a drink at half time, the atmosphere was terrible and im not being part of that!

for a few pounds move just a few miles down the road there is world class players playing well in a good league, for me its got to much to say no.

Yes we are sh1t, but we are Oldham, we're barmy we're off our :censored: heads.

Look here, you jumped in on a thread about someone sodding off to city, and someone else not bothering this season, within a thread about sodding off to citeh. FFs the response from oafc000 was wholly directed at the point that he hadn't been to ANY games, and was not couched in any terms that implied/stated or whatever that he was UNABLE to attend - and all that in a thread about desertion.

If you think I was insulting you by commenting on the OP and oafc0000, then you're being paranoid. You seem to have jumped in to pally up with creepy - quoting him and saying "exactly" - but if you have the ability to READ, you could try READING my response to oafc0000 - which includes the words "YOU" (as a direct response to HIM) - as in "You "don't think you are missing much""; to which I go on to say "says more about YOU". etc etc etc

Where exactly have i said anything any YOU- being a rudemedic, before you joined in this thread about people who decide to watch city or to give some succor to such people?

I'd suggest you cannot substantiate your claim.

It's up to you, but I was never having a go at people who are unable to attend, just those that choose not to attend, that much is clear to any impartial observer. :huh:

You said (and this is a quote) You're not a latics fan any more, you don't go - so go away.

Loads of people don't go if you want to clarify that point only after people have pulled you up on it then maybe you should think before you post (or as I suspect don't post when you've had a few). I'm only pointing out that when you post such a thing it is insulting to those who don't go for whatever reason and for however many games (be it 1 or 250) if you don't like it don't post it.

Personally I think anyone who posts that they are going to watch Citeh instead of Oldham despite being an Oldham season ticket holder on Oldham's messageboard probably needs to rethink why they did so and why they are doing it.

I was not jumping in (if I did jump in at all) to defend the actions of the OP or even OAFC000 I was posting because I found your comments insulting. In some ways Creepy beat me to the punch and I ended up agreeing with him. I could have gone last night- I decided not to though because it isn't worth the hassel. That doesn't make me less of a fan (although it is quite clear to me and to others you think it does). Please stop insulting me by suggesting otherwise.

Right gotta make sure i word this correctly as my last reply has somewhat dissapeared....lazyboy you in my humble opinion, are a very bad person who i have lost total respect for, its fans like you we dont need anyway and i would love to have a drink and a chat over the issue sometime.

p.s

am i cowardly or stupid? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!

I can't understand why a couple of people are getting at real....

creepy, medic - IMO you've got the wrong end of the stick, totally. As real's said, the thread is about someone who has turned his back on Latics and decided to start watching City instead. It's f all to do with money and other reasons why people can't go....

Edited by Yard Dog

It's just someone blowing off steam again. It happens and if he's got a season ticket he'll be back.

And Rudemedic, it's 130 miles. Which is a long way with a friggin' Hartlepool fan sat next to you.

As for Oafc00000000000000, I can completely understand why. The football at BP is shocking. The atmosphere is shocking. I'd say re-introduce yourself with an awayday*. Hopefully you'll move to home games.

*Bristol looks good to me. Then again, the last two seemed a good idea for some reason (bearing in mind one was a 13 hour round trip - nine cans of Red Bull did the trick though).

Well, there you go, you "don't think you are missing much" - says more about you claiming to be a latics fan - you've pretty much dropped into the category I prescribed - people who pose their views to try to get others to folow in the denigration of someone else's concern.

So you don;t go - who cares - only you, and people like me when you make this sort of asnine comment.

You're not a latics fan any more, you don't go - so go away. There's nothing for you here by your own admission.

To nip this in the bud

'You're not a latics fan anymore, you dont go - so go away' - thats just wrong, as someone has pointed out he has got a season ticket, so will be their this season - so he is a fan.

personally (even though its nothing to do with you) the next game i will be at is Charlton (due to financial reasons as you know) - so i am a fan

so just because me/or whoever hasnt been to many games this season or none at all (yet) does not mean we are not fans

do you understand that?

and here is the link when you started going on about kids etc http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25131&st=260

and p.s you can send me all the abusive PM's you like - it made me chuckle when i logged on :lol:

I know i will get grief for this but this morning I have registered at mcfc.co.uk and bought arsenal and villa games even though im a season ticket holder at BP.

I have had enough of paying (admittedly less than city) to watch and to be part of that drivel.

Do City still have to put crowd atmosphere noises out through the PA system?

Last night was an embarrassment, I used to be so into latics, Going up and down the country to watch them but this season there is nothing there

So if you had been a City fan when they losing at Maine Road to Stockport in this division, where would you have defected to then? 12 months ago Latics had players putting it together on the pitch who, with the right management, could have gone on to promotion. Indeed, if City's results hadn't picked up towards the end of last season and Latics had built on their strong start last season you could have been watching a Championship match between Latics and City this season.

I assume if you'd been a City fan at Wembley in 1999 you'd have left when they were 2-0 down to Gillingham.

Get budz back even

And you think that suggestion makes your post in any way credible?

The event as a whole is a farce, I couldnt get a drink at half time

Grant you that. Poor show Latics. Get it sorted.

the atmosphere was terrible and im not being part of that!

It started off really well the other night. There was a buzz about the RRE until the wheels came off.

for a few pounds move just a few miles down the road there is world class players playing well in a good league, for me its got to much to say no.

So you're not a real fan then.

Go if you must. I won't defend the performance on Friday. But in football it can be a fine line between success and failure. The balance of power can change quickly and a decent manager getting a grip on a team and building it in to a genuine force can be far more exciting than watching overpaid millionaires falling over and failing to deliver.

While the net might not be bulging as often as it should be this Latics team has goals in it. I look forward to seeing them.

Edited by opinions4u

Well, there you go, you "don't think you are missing much" - says more about you claiming to be a latics fan - you've pretty much dropped into the category I prescribed - people who pose their views to try to get others to folow in the denigration of someone else's concern.

So you don;t go - who cares - only you, and people like me when you make this sort of asnine comment.

You're not a latics fan any more, you don't go - so go away. There's nothing for you here by your own admission.

Was your post meant to hurt me in some way :)

Real dosent think I am a fan :disappointed: Better sulk off and not have an opinion :lol:

As for Oafc00000000000000, I can completely understand why. The football at BP is shocking. The atmosphere is shocking. I'd say re-introduce yourself with an awayday*. Hopefully you'll move to home games.

Was talking about doing an away game yesterday actually :) Not a bad idea...

Ok, Thought i would get grief and I totally understand it to be honest, especially having few days to calm down.

The fact is I can easy afford to do both, ive booked for city vs, arsenal fulham and villa, all of which dont interfere with going to latics so no doubt i will still go as its already been paid for.

I guess I came on here venting really, not showing off or goading people but I think the old saying that 'loyalty to one team for life' is fairly immature. I love the cracking away games we have had the past 15 years, I sung we love you oldham and meant it and i have always been proud of 'little oldham' matching bigger teams but the home games the past maybe 3 years have bled me dry.

The ground is old, and I know we are hoping for another new one which is desperately needed but i think the same problem may still be there. It is the same wherever you go I know but Im still going to watch alot more of city this year because I can and want to watch big big players playing in big hopefully memorable games and hope they get into europe next year which would be amazing.

I really hoped a few years since now that maybe oldham could some how scrape into the championship and do a blackpool/donny/barnsley/scunny etc and that more money would come and we could compete again at a decent level but I cannot see it happening and I cant stand another 5/6/7...more years of turning up to a bad ground, poor players who dont even care and moronic fans who heckle players at half time. (and not get a pie or drink either)

I truly hope I am wrong and that soon we turn it around and win promotion and do well in a new ground and I will be there as I have that right to choose how to spend my money and more importantly my time however I choose

Ok, Thought i would get grief and I totally understand it to be honest, especially having few days to calm down.

The fact is I can easy afford to do both, ive booked for city vs, arsenal fulham and villa, all of which dont interfere with going to latics so no doubt i will still go as its already been paid for.

I guess I came on here venting really, not showing off or goading people but I think the old saying that 'loyalty to one team for life' is fairly immature. I love the cracking away games we have had the past 15 years, I sung we love you oldham and meant it and i have always been proud of 'little oldham' matching bigger teams but the home games the past maybe 3 years have bled me dry.

The ground is old, and I know we are hoping for another new one which is desperately needed but i think the same problem may still be there. It is the same wherever you go I know but Im still going to watch alot more of city this year because I can and want to watch big big players playing in big hopefully memorable games and hope they get into europe next year which would be amazing.

I really hoped a few years since now that maybe oldham could some how scrape into the championship and do a blackpool/donny/barnsley/scunny etc and that more money would come and we could compete again at a decent level but I cannot see it happening and I cant stand another 5/6/7...more years of turning up to a bad ground, poor players who dont even care and moronic fans who heckle players at half time. (and not get a pie or drink either)

I truly hope I am wrong and that soon we turn it around and win promotion and do well in a new ground and I will be there as I have that right to choose how to spend my money and more importantly my time however I choose

Footballs a hobby to you then, it's not in your blood.........Enjoy your dream of Europe, whilst waving a banana in the air.....you never know, in 5 years you might even be a red if Citeh don't succeed.

Multi million pound footballers need more supporters like you to pay their already overpaid wages and feed their ever growing over inflated egos -

May Rupert Murdoch bless you!!!

Blimey is it safe to come out yet?.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My take on this is as follows. Football goes in cycles, look at football league tables from 10/20/or 30 years ago to see my point, and at this moment in history we are having a bad time, but we had a equally bad time leading into the early 90s, but then had our moment in the sun, with massive games , in league, fa cup and littlewoods cup coming thick and fast, but of course that success couldn't last, and high wages, low crowds, lots of apathy, and poor management leave us in a position none of us like. BUT, it's not the end of the world, and clubs have been in far graver situations than us, and have found a way to battle on and prosper. Not long ago the TRUE Wimbledon fans found themselves in an intolerable position and fought tooth and nail to do something about it. their never say die attitude should be an inspiration to any TRUE fan. Iv'e been watching Latics for over 50 years and and if for whatever reason I stopped watching THEM that would be me finished with football FULL STOP. Whilst appreciating so called top class football may be better quality than MY team serve up, It's no good to me if I am neither interested nor exited by it. Go and watch city oh no no no I would rather shove wasps up mi bum. I have arrived at a situation that I care little about the rest of football, including the national team, but am still passionate about My team, and look forward to there being no change in my position until I croak. roll on a week on saturday.

Blimey is it safe to come out yet?.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My take on this is as follows. Football goes in cycles, look at football league tables from 10/20/or 30 years ago to see my point, and at this moment in history we are having a bad time, but we had a equally bad time leading into the early 90s, but then had our moment in the sun, with massive games , in league, fa cup and littlewoods cup coming thick and fast, but of course that success couldn't last, and high wages, low crowds, lots of apathy, and poor management leave us in a position none of us like. BUT, it's not the end of the world, and clubs have been in far graver situations than us, and have found a way to battle on and prosper. Not long ago the TRUE Wimbledon fans found themselves in an intolerable position and fought tooth and nail to do something about it. their never say die attitude should be an inspiration to any TRUE fan. Iv'e been watching Latics for over 50 years and and if for whatever reason I stopped watching THEM that would be me finished with football FULL STOP. Whilst appreciating so called top class football may be better quality than MY team serve up, It's no good to me if I am neither interested nor exited by it. Go and watch city oh no no no I would rather shove wasps up mi bum. I have arrived at a situation that I care little about the rest of football, including the national team, but am still passionate about My team, and look forward to there being no change in my position until I croak. roll on a week on saturday.

HEAR HEAR! except roll on this Saturday

Times change, however. The club might have recovered in the past, but football has changed-and the current situation points towards the demise of professional football in Oldham. Latics have been put in a position where we can no longer compete with even the likes of Barnsley and Doncaster. And the thing is, a lot of people associated with the club have begun to accept this, even to the point that anybody who suggests the club ought to try is ridiculed.

Who will it be in a few years time we can't hope to compete with? Cambridge United? Oxford?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Times change, however. The club might have recovered in the past, but football has changed-and the current situation points towards the demise of professional football in Oldham. Latics have been put in a position where we can no longer compete with even the likes of Barnsley and Doncaster. And the thing is, a lot of people associated with the club have begun to accept this, even to the point that anybody who suggests the club ought to try is ridiculed.

Who will it be in a few years time we can't hope to compete with? Cambridge United? Oxford?

I have to say that I agree that times, and more importantly the distribution of wealth within football has changed significantly. In the past we have been on more of less an even footing with a lot of clubs, and you could get a side promoted to the higher levels of the domestic game by simply putting together a side of mediocre to good players, which worked hard for each other. The gap between the divisions now means that without serious investment, promotion the the highest level is simply unattainable.

Football finances are polarising the game in England, and have been for the best part of 10 or 15 years, only hastened further by the arival of the rich Russians and Arabs, ever widening the gulf. I think it's most unfortunate for us that this polarisation sees us at a low ebb in our 'cycle', and the job of recovery is made all the more difficult by this.

I have to say that I agree that times, and more importantly the distribution of wealth within football has changed significantly. In the past we have been on more of less an even footing with a lot of clubs, and you could get a side promoted to the higher levels of the domestic game by simply putting together a side of mediocre to good players, which worked hard for each other. The gap between the divisions now means that without serious investment, promotion the the highest level is simply unattainable.

Football finances are polarising the game in England, and have been for the best part of 10 or 15 years, only hastened further by the arival of the rich Russians and Arabs, ever widening the gulf. I think it's most unfortunate for us that this polarisation sees us at a low ebb in our 'cycle', and the job of recovery is made all the more difficult by this.

The gap is widening even between clubs in the same division. Those with wealthy owners committed to advancing their club, and so-called fallen giants , are bound to dominate a division like ours.

Anybody who looks at the way we escaped applying for re-election to the FL in 1970 and then found ourselves in the second tier only four years later, and thinks that it could happen that way again, is in for a very rude awakening. Once we're down we're out this time.

boring.jpg