Hazell Out

I think he's been gash for months but no way was that goal his fault.

The Goal was his fault I was stood right in front of him when the ball was in the air ( which was a while) he hesitated a little in his run back but still should have got to it before the bounce and wiped out the man the ball and everything OLD SKOOL! lol SIMPLE RUEBS SIMPLE!!!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

You can't see that much from the video, but if you pause it the moment both players come into the shot it looks as though their striker is actually coming across from Gregan's side of the defence and Ruben's man has stopped to drop off the defence (and eventually is the man who finishes it). It looks like there isn't much Ruben could do about it and 99/100 it bounces nearer to him and he can get something on it or it lands further away and he is able to contest the bounce, but it was just one of those hopeful hoofs that has worked out perfectly. I may be wrong but that's how it looks from the video. It's a difficult one to blame anyone for, you could say Ruben wasn't close enough to his man (maybe but it looks like a good run from the striker), you could say Gregan should have tracked if he came across the defence (but normally you would let him run and just give your defensive partner a shout) so who takes the blame. I think it's just one we have to put down as one of those things.

That really should not of made a difference the ball was there for Ruben to deal with, as he should never of let it bounce and headed it to us in the stand. Instead he made a major error and let it bounce somthing which you are tought not to do as soon as you are old enough to play the game.

I though him and Gregan dealt with everything thrown at them but Just like the Swindon game he is punished for a basic error and you just can't afford to make as many as he does. 2 or 3 over a season and you think fine there playing in League 1 for a reason but he is making at least 1 a match at the moment and its costing us dearly.

2 or 3 over a season and you think fine there playing in League 1 for a reason but he is making at least 1 a match at the moment and its costing us dearly.

No he's not. I've been to the Stockport and Hartlepool games and in both of those games he wasn't fundamentally at fault for a goal. In fact, he even helped keep a clean sheet in one of them.

Now, it doesn't mean he's not exempt from criticism, but I don't like all this rabid desire to hunt down a scapegoat. He's made a couple of errors this season, one of which was an almighty ground-swallow-me-up clanger but it's certainly unfair to single him out for the type of flak he's copping for on here.

No he's not. I've been to the Stockport and Hartlepool games and in both of those games he wasn't fundamentally at fault for a goal. In fact, he even helped keep a clean sheet in one of them.

Now, it doesn't mean he's not exempt from criticism, but I don't like all this rabid desire to hunt down a scapegoat. He's made a couple of errors this season, one of which was an almighty ground-swallow-me-up clanger but it's certainly unfair to single him out for the type of flak he's copping for on here.

Well i'll give you the Stockport game but thats not saying much they were very poor going forward. Yes you have picked the ones where he's made the obvious mistakes what about all the stupid mistakes like putting his arms around the defender when going up for a header which he did 2 or 3 times again yesterday. If I remember rightly the 1st Swindon Goal came from that happening as did a few last season it happened in pre season aswell at Macc. What im trying to say is that his mistakes seem to be the same every week either giving away stupid fouls in dangerous areas or his Famous backpasses. He doesnt seem to learn, yesterday he made a differnent mistake and like i said him and Gregan Dealt with everything easily yesterday until the goal but another lack of concentration has cost us yet again.

Okay, you've been to 2 games out of 9 (includin cup games aswel)

really to have a more neutral view of it, you need to have been at about 5 of them games.

Stockport were rubbish going forward. They might have had one or two shots all game. Hartlepool was a complete off-day when confidence dropped after parker and abbott's misses.

Look, I'm not excusing Hazell for any misgivings. But this needing a scapegoat lark is beyond a joke now. What Hazell needs perhaps, if valid competition, rather than a couple of young, untested Hungarians and a utility player who "sometimes plays centre half".

Y'know, Gregan's as much at fault for manhandling players and giving away fouls. But the errors this season have been collectively by the defence and not all by one man. Brill's been at fault, Hazell's been at fault and so have Gregan and the full-backs. Just a bit of perspective, like.

Perhaps if we were more of a threat up front, the defence wouldn´t be under so much scrutiny.

We are just as poor going forward as we are at the back and giving the defence a goal or two lead once in a while might be the answer.

Get Purdie and Jacobsen back fit and Taylor firing again and we´ll be OK but it needs to happen sooner rather than later!!

Perhaps if we were more of a threat up front, the defence wouldn´t be under so much scrutiny.

We are just as poor going forward as we are at the back and giving the defence a goal or two lead once in a while might be the answer.

Get Purdie and Jacobsen back fit and Taylor firing again and we´ll be OK but it needs to happen sooner rather than later!!

I've said elsewhere and I'll say again, we need a win for confidence more than anything else. The confidence of the forwards 1st and foremost. That in turn will take the pressure off the defence and keeper. The problem is we have a league 1 defence and it concedes league 1 type goals. When you are on a poor run, mistakes like the ones Rubes has made get punished. They definately cost us points against Swindon and again yesterday.

However, if Blackman had stuck his chance away yesterday, after the best move of the match, we would still have picked up a point at least. If Abbott and/or Parker had taken their more than clear cut chances against Hartlepool, it would probably have been a far different game and different result. Also Abbott's chance at Brentford to win the game.

At this stage of the season, a few points make a huge difference. A win last week and a point yesterday would see us in 9th place now, 1 point outside the playoffs.

As others have said it is a very fine line at this level between success and failure.

Anyone who went and thinks we didn't play well yesterday (as the away team) and didn't deserve at least a share of the spoils surprise me. We had more possession, more shots on goal and with the exception of the goal itself, the better chances. The goal proving what a fine line it is. Players with confidence stick their chances away (Kuffour) players low on confidence fluff thiers (Abbott/Parker/Blackman) more often than not.

Cheers,

Harry

The Goal was his fault I was stood right in front of him when the ball was in the air ( which was a while) he hesitated a little in his run back but still should have got to it before the bounce and wiped out the man the ball and everything OLD SKOOL! lol SIMPLE RUEBS SIMPLE!!!

Why didnt YOU clear it!! :wink:

Having seen that goal from yesterday a few times now I think Rubes was a little unlucky.

Incidentally, according to NOTW (I know, I know - but it had a cracking pic of Lily Allen in it) he was our MOM and got in their 'League 1 team of the day'

I read that too...was MOM for the game, not just us.

From the reports it seems we were hard done by and we actually give a good performance and got punished for one mistake.