Boundary Park plans give new squad boost

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the cloth will be cut accordingly...

Goodbye ambition. It was nice glimpsing you from afar back in the day.

(Although, as I said, ambition can be repackaged. Challenging to regain third or fourth division status can be sold as ambition.)

The fans wind me up more than TTA or any oweners...

Poor little Oldham, book f**king whoo... arent we so small and helpless...

Really getting on my nerves...

Churchill once said he wishes he was born an American as the country match his own ambitions and ideals... I see what he meant...

Oh aye, and you really were at the forum at Radcliffe recently probing the top brass with all these kinds of questions, weren't you?

No, if I recall correctly you were logged in here, boring us all with the same prediction of what is going to happen.

No-because I wasn't naive enough to believe that, with Wardle for whatever reason already having dropped his interest, and the Failsworth plans already launched, questions to the Great Helmsmen would make a blind bit of difference.

'How many rivers do we have to cross before we can talk to the boss...'

The idea that it's up to the fans to try and intervene in a club's internal affairs is a bizarre, recent innovation, and part of the farce the modern game has become, with so many clubs periodically pluging into crisis due to the massive financial imbalances.

I think a lot of people were uneasy when Moore was splashing the cash around. I was myself, but, like nearly everybody else, I made the mistake of thinking that somebody who's been so successful in business must surely know what he's doing...

I do seem to recall some dissenting voices on JKL, but they were drowned out by Moore enthusiasts.

The trouble is that the Moore experience had the effect not of making people more sceptical, but more credulous and frightened to death of their own shadows.

I'm a born skeptic, and I was very happy when the likes of Paul Murray and Clint Hill were strutting about the park.

What happened after however was another chapter of the same book. My understanding is that when there is or at least appears to be [to the fans] a benefactor who'll stump up the cost, it's very hard to ignore the pull. Let's try and not roll everybody up into the sheep mentality that's being portrayed here, I think it's perfectly normal for fans to "believe".

What I find it hard to believe is that when Hill and the like were being signed to produce a team worth of promotion, that people were wholly skeptcal about where the money was coming from. It wasn't until much, much later that we, the media and everybody else realised that something wasn't right - I mean, you can forgive the fans for believing that way before Latics nearly being wound up, that Moore was trying to get us in the Championship.

All those clubs are still operating... The answer to my question is none... None of them have gone under and are all still here... Including the likes of Notts County... I bet they didnt think they would have got such big backers...

You cant see any options...but I think your blinkered... We do have options...

Your question was have they found buyers? Well in fact, they ain't. And as a consequence they either went under (and resurfaced many leagues further down) or have dropped down into non-league and don't look likely to get promotion to where they once were anytime soon.

And yeah, I wasn't at the forum. Because I had little to question them on. The info I'd recieved about the whole development, which was ample, I was happy with. Different from yourself and or the Corporal who are all full of bleak predictions on our future, and complete negativity about the club's direction, yet don't seem to have been around at the forum to make their worries known and have them answered.

And you get frustrated about other fans seemingly hopeless attitude. Hmmm.

The fans wind me up more than TTA or any oweners...

Poor little Oldham, book f**king whoo... arent we so small and helpless...

Really getting on my nerves...

Churchill once said he wishes he was born an American as the country match his own ambitions and ideals... I see what he meant...

Some of the Nodding Dog Self-Righteous Brigade on here (they know who they are) seem to wish they were born in Burma so they could just shoot dissenters.

I'm a born skeptic, and I was very happy when the likes of Paul Murray and Clint Hill were strutting about the park.

What happened after however was another chapter of the same book. My understanding is that when there is or at least appears to be [to the fans] a benefactor who'll stump up the cost, it's very hard to ignore the pull. Let's try and not roll everybody up into the sheep mentality that's being portrayed here, I think it's perfectly normal for fans to "believe".

What I find it hard to believe is that when Hill and the like were being signed to produce a team worth of promotion, that people were wholly skeptcal about where the money was coming from. It wasn't until much, much later that we, the media and everybody else realised that something wasn't right - I mean, you can forgive the fans for believing that way before Latics nearly being wound up, that Moore was trying to get us in the Championship.

Well no matter if you believe it or not there was several discussions to that extent appearing on JK latics well before the :censored: hit the fan. I know because I was involved in one where I was called a lot of lovely names because I dared to criticise are great leader Mr Moores :) You know, after all he had done for us...

Edited by oafc0000

I was very happy when the likes of Paul Murray and Clint Hill were strutting about the park.

What I'd give to have those two in their prime back now...

To be honest, Hill even now would be amazing. He's playing out of position at Palace and still looks one of their best players (not difficult).

Oh aye, and you really were at the forum at Radcliffe recently probing the top brass with all these kinds of questions, weren't you?

No, if I recall correctly you were logged in here, boring us all with the same prediction of what is going to happen.

I was there...I expected to be handed something to discuss like some plans or some objectives set in stone in what they're promising. There was :censored: all...infact, I don't even know why they even took the projector with them! In essence, it was all hot air and pissing in the wind that night. Nothing to actually question except the concept...which was questioned. Yet AH believes we're tapping into a new market by moving. I laughed when that was said...right infront of the whole panel. Maybe I should've stuck my hand up and added "bollocks!"

Edited by boundaryblue80

Some of the Nodding Dog Self-Righteous Brigade on here (they know who they are) seem to wish they were born in Burma so they could just shoot dissenters.

:lol:

Anyway, what can I do... Seems like 85% of the fans want to march blindly into all this...

I think it should be said that while I have a distrust for the TTA I do not know what there plans are. They might be great but I also know I dont know a lot about the plans and its not something we should not march blindly into...

Edited by oafc0000

I was there...I expected to be handed something to discuss like some plans or some objectives set in stone in what they're promising. There was :censored: all...infact, I don't even know why they even took the projector with them! In essence, it was all hot air and pissing in the wind that night. Nothing to actually question except the concept...which was questioned. Yet AH believes we're tapping into a new market by moving. I laughed when that was said...right infront of the whole panel. Maybe I should've stuck my hand up and added "bollocks!"

Exactly... No plans....yet majority think moving is a great idea... That confuses me...

What I find it hard to believe is that when Hill and the like were being signed to produce a team worth of promotion, that people were wholly skeptcal about where the money was coming from.

Believe it! In July 2001 I (and a few others) sat in the boardroom with Sean Jarvis, Alan Hardy and Bob Telfer, CM's lapdog who we got everytime (now deceased) discussing what CM was up to. We were known as SAFE...we got laughed out of town for having no reason to exist any longer and for daring to try and get to speak to CM. Believe it! It happened...and it will again...I'll question TTA...even more so based on what happened in the aftermath of getting nowhere with CM! Nobody wanted to hear it...seems almost identical now...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Nothing to actually question? You could have pumped out the very questions which seem to be bugging most: "What specifically will be making the club self-sufficient and bringing enough income to form a promotion charge?".

Marching into it all blindly? And the option is what? Impeach TTA and look for new wealthy ambitious owners ourselves? Preparing the I told you so's already are we?

Your question was have they found buyers? Well in fact, they ain't. And as a consequence they either went under (and resurfaced many leagues further down) or have dropped down into non-league and don't look likely to get promotion to where they once were anytime soon.

They are all doing business...

And yeah, I wasn't at the forum. Because I had little to question them on. The info I'd recieved about the whole development, which was ample, I was happy with. Different from yourself and or the Corporal who are all full of bleak predictions on our future, and complete negativity about the club's direction, yet don't seem to have been around at the forum to make their worries known and have them answered.

We know very little... Its scary you cant see that... Answer me this...who will get the profits from the Soccer Dome ?

I dont think u can stick none attendance to corporal when you didn't go and get "all" the "facts".

And you get frustrated about other fans seemingly hopeless attitude. Hmmm.

Just the ones walking blindly into things they dont understand fully...

Believe it! In July 2001 I (and a few others) sat in the boardroom with Sean Jarvis, Alan Hardy and Bob Telfer, CM's lapdog who we got everytime (now deceased) discussing what CM was up to. We were known as SAFE...we got laughed out of town for having no reason to exist any longer and for daring to try and get to speak to CM. Believe it! It happened...and it will again...I'll question TTA...even more so based on what happened in the aftermath of getting nowhere with CM! Nobody wanted to hear it...seems almost identical now...

It wasnt just that. It was talked about on JK Latics and I think the official MB (the old one)...

I didnt know you was a member of SAFE and involved in that meeting...

Edited by oafc0000

Well no matter if you believe it or not there was several discussions to that extent appearing on JK latics well before the :censored: hit the fan. I know because I was involved in one where I was called a lot of lovely names because I dared to criticise are great leader Mr Moores :) You know, after all he had done for us...

That's fine zero, I don't know what went on - but I appeal to everybody to stop underestimating the general membership on here, and the fans who are not present on the forums (all affectionatley known as nodding dogs). It's natural to believe.

Now I can stand different opinions as well as the next man, but I must admit I've mentally done the "come the revolution the first against the wall" thing and ended up with about 9 people left.

Globally.

:unsure:

That's fine zero, I don't know what went on - but I appeal to everybody to stop underestimating the general membership on here, and the fans who are not present on the forums (all affectionatley known as nodding dogs). It's natural to believe.

What you on about ? Underestimating the general membership ? What a strange phrase you keep repeating...

They are all doing business...

Which wasn't your bloody question. It was "who have been bought out?" And so what, they're doing business. Is that the height of your ambition; "doing business" other than trying to get your Nostrodamus status out of the way early doors?

We know very little... Its scary you cant see that... Answer me this...who will get the profits from the Soccer Dome ?

I dont think u can stick none attendance to corporal when you didn't go and get "all" the "facts".

Just the ones walking blindly into things they dont understand fully...

Haha! Jesus, blindly walking in am I? Certainly not blind mate, but I have enough to form my opinion on the whole thing.

As some of those who were there have said, though-serious concerns were not answered. What little scepticism was voiced was airbrushed over with idiotic, nay cynical, notions like the legendary 'room for expansion,' and 'marketing the club to residents of Failsworth.' It is naive to believe that, given that the plan had already been announced as underway, there could have been any other outcome.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Which wasn't your bloody question. It was "who have been bought out?" And so what, they're doing business. Is that the height of your ambition; "doing business" other than trying to get your Nostrodamus status out of the way early doors?

My point was, even if it was worded badly, was that they are all alive and kicking :)

Haha! Jesus, blindly walking in am I? Certainly not blind mate, but I have enough to form my opinion on the whole thing.

So you can answer my really simple question then...

How much of the profit will Oldham Athletic receive from the new soccer dome ? As a percentage.... Will we in fact get anything...

Edited by oafc0000