Happy Jewish New Year

jsslatic

Gut yontiff to JSS and TAA.

good yomtoff means good day , people need to say hag shamyach which means happy holiday , but thanks diego too , off to stuff my face at the mother in laws house soon :gathering2: all 30 of the wifes family

Edited by boboafc

I've always said Good Yomtoff!

Thanks Diego and Rummy.

P.S. Yes, Bob...Nick Blackman is Jewish. He even went to KD!

That's a bad thing in my book (going to KD not the Jewish thing :grin:). Is it me or is a man who is Black (or mixed race) who is called Blackman but is also a Jew something out of some surreal Monty Python esque comedy

That's a bad thing in my book (going to KD not the Jewish thing :grin:). Is it me or is a man who is Black (or mixed race) who is called Blackman but is also a Jew something out of some surreal Monty Python esque comedy

Just because you went to some nothing school, RM :wink:...though I'm not the biggest fan of KD myself to be fair.

It is a somewhat bizarre name, I'm led to believe he is half-Jewish which would mean he either has a Jewish mother who was named Blackman and mothered a child fathered by a black man, or married a black man named Blackman...or a Jewish father who was named Blackman and fathered a black baby.

Or his mother's illicit relations with the black milkman were harshly revealed in a maternity unit nine months on...:unsure:

It is a somewhat bizarre name, I'm led to believe he is half-Jewish which would mean he either has a Jewish mother who was named Blackman and mothered a child fathered by a black man, or married a black man named Blackman...or a Jewish father who was named Blackman and fathered a black baby.

Or his mother's illicit relations with the black milkman were harshly revealed in a maternity unit nine months on...:unsure:

His grandmother may have been:

Honor Blackman (born 1926)

Famous actress who starred in The Avengers, Goldfinger and many other films

blackman_honor.jpg

Or

Joan Blackman (born 1938)

Famous actress with roles in Blue Hawaii, Bridget Jones's Diary and many films

93g123.jpg
Edited by Diego_Sideburns