So its the return of Mental on Saturday

Good question, there does seem to be a fair faction on here that still think he was a potential world-beater.

I think it's clear though he has his mental/attitude problems and I wouldn't be surprised to see him being targetted for some abuse, and ending up doing something very regrettable.

Probably like scoring a hat-trick against us! :bigcry:

Well in my opinion ......He is a lad with a fair bit of talent , strong , fast and powerful but with the brain of a dancing monkey!

His history ... and the fact he still hasn't found a club that he can call home or in fact actually want him bemuses me because there are hundreds or even millions of young lads out there that would give there right arm to be in his position!

Craig was brought up in my home town (telford) even though he was born in Burton he moved around a hell of a lot as a kid.

From a early age he had scouts from some sizeable premiership clubs after him!

Blackburn

Man City

Oxford

Some team from Italy

Wolves

Oldham

Brighton

Yeovil

Are most of the clubs he has played for over the years not forgetting WALES! but there is a curve now setting in? Sorry to say but the clubs are getting smaller and smaller!

But the guy has had enough chances NOW and If he doesn't sort his life out and train hard and play even harder I think he will soon be on civvy street or even flipping burgers in a service station somewhere!?

As far as getting a bad reception from us? I think he already knows that he must of wasted another chance here at OLDHAM!

Just let him get on with it no boos no cheers!

Just spend our energy shouting and pushing the players who want to be here at Boundary Park!

probably a half-hearted applaus would suit his return best...

or a clap that soon fades to nothing...

or we could clap til we get our bovril and then just give up.

or maybe just think about a different team and applaud them... OLDHAM.

his heart was never in it - why should we care?

In all honesty I think CD would have befitted from playing alongside Abbott. PA is unselfish and reads the game, Hughes on the other hand is not. I suspect CD would have flourished under DP with PA as the the target man. thats just my humble opinion though, i also think PA attitiude may have rubbed off on him too!.