A nice chance to move into 6th. We should have won here, no excuses. 2 points dropped.

I don't fancy our chances next week, which is why 3 points here was essential. A win here will have also given us a confidence booster for next week.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice chance to move into 6th. We should have won here, no excuses. 2 points dropped.

I don't fancy our chances next week, which is why 3 points here was essential. A win here will have also given us a confidence booster for next week.

cant win them all can we!

bring on next week, another clean sheet

pathetic post pukka .... 10 from 12 and ya still bitch

I'm far from a moaner. I'm not on here whinging after every loss or draw.

We could have lost against Southend, I'd have said "fair enough, a tough away trip down south against a decent team". We could have drawn against MKDons and I'd have said "Well they're one of the best teams in the division who have only lost twice".

This was Yeovil who are 17th and are always at that end of the table. I'm really happy at our recent form, but we never capitalise when we create an advantage for ourselves, we got a good 3 points and a solid performance against MKDons, only to draw against one of the lesser teams in the division and it is this inconsistency which has kept us in the the division for so long. I was thinking get the 3 points today, make it 4 out of 4, spring into the playoffs, get a confidence booster for Charlton and hopefully get a draw, but even if we lose, no problem. Rebuild for a difficult match against Southampton.

I'm just frustrated, I'm not calling for anyone to be dropped or for Penney to be sacked or claiming "season over". We move on. But it is a rubbish result, can anyone deny that? We should be winning these games. This on paper was our easiest fixture until 12th December when we play Exeter at home. It's the sort of game where your strikers should win it with the odd goal even if you're having an off day.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I agree with Pukka...some people have a real problem on this board....Just because you make a negative comment, doesn't mean your moaning. I think there were more negatives than positives today.

Today was a poor result, Yeovil are the sort of team we should be beating at home, and after a decent performance mid-week, confidence should have been high but we didn't look like. It was a poor result because we had the better chances but threw them away with poor attempts. There was some poor decision making all around the park today. With an eye on Charlton next week, we had to be looking for 3 points today.

We didn't lose, and we got a clean sheet - so those are the positives.

I'm down with the Pukka.

After playing so well on Tuesday, that was tremendously frustrating and dissapointing.

Although not very surprising.

We weren't even half the team that showed up against MK.

Furman was the best player by a country mile, then got subbed for Worthy. Either he had picked up a knock or DP was guilty of a tactical clanger.

The front two got very little service. But I think that was because Yeovil strung so many across the middle we decided to try and go over the top and got caught out by the conditions.

Yeovil coped better than we did and I swear they had more of the possesion. They were slightly the better side for me.

On a positive note, we did keep another clean sheet, and I thought Rubes was good.

Still annoyed though....... :angry:

To be fair(although I didnt go today) to get a point today after a very fast paced midweek game in rough conditions against an equally hard working side is a decent point. Another clean sheet is a massive plus going into the game at charlton.

Think back to hartlepool and the thoughts that everybody had at that point.

10 points out of 12 will do me.

To be fair(although I didnt go today) to get a point today after a very fast paced midweek game in rough conditions against an equally hard working side is a decent point. Another clean sheet is a massive plus going into the game at charlton.

Think back to hartlepool and the thoughts that everybody had at that point.

10 points out of 12 will do me.

0-0 at home to Yeovil is decent? Are you serious???

:blink:

Fraid I am serious. Before tuesday I had the opinion that yeovil should be a team that we beat at home. They get there result at millwall and you start to think again. Remember last season-they are starting to become somewhat of a bogey team at bp.

I think that we maybe falling into the trap of thinking because of their position in the table we will beat them.

It is frustrating after tues performance but im sure during the course of the season we will play teams of yeovils ilk, play better than we did today(by the sounds of it) and lose.

So for me at this point in the season with the players that we have available Im happy with a point and a clean sheet. Thats not to say im unhappy that we couldnt build on the hard work we put in and the quality of the performance on tues.

Keepin that champagne on ice!

Fraid I am serious. Before tuesday I had the opinion that yeovil should be a team that we beat at home. They get there result at millwall and you start to think again. Remember last season-they are starting to become somewhat of a bogey team at bp.

I think that we maybe falling into the trap of thinking because of their position in the table we will beat them.

It is frustrating after tues performance but im sure during the course of the season we will play teams of yeovils ilk, play better than we did today(by the sounds of it) and lose.

So for me at this point in the season with the players that we have available Im happy with a point and a clean sheet. Thats not to say im unhappy that we couldnt build on the hard work we put in and the quality of the performance on tues.

Keepin that champagne on ice!

the point that people are missing is yeovil are a good side well organised and more than deserved the draw ..they will suprise a few teams this season

the point that people are missing is yeovil are a good side well organised and more than deserved the draw ..they will suprise a few teams this season

They were well organised today. Very much so. But to have only 5 minutes of sustained pressure like we did in the last ten, at home, having played so much better on Tuesday is still a dissapointment.

We were never going to score once Colbeck and Brooke replaced Taylor and Furman.

I was cringing for poor Brooke - he looked so far out of his depth. If it wasn't for his impressive sliding challenge towards the end I'd have deemed his 20 minutes the most inept display of centre forward play I have ever seen. His case probably wasn't helped by being beside Abbott who oozes class, how he ever wound up at Darlington I'll never know. Colbeck wasn't much better than Brooke and so I am disappointed with our manager today. Two points dropped.

We were never going to score once Colbeck and Brooke replaced Taylor and Furman.

Why not? Both Taylor and Furman were crap today, Taylor especially. Brooke looked like a rabbit in a headlights, and lacked composure whereas Colbeck was rarely given the ball in dangerous positions. The occasions he did get it he made a beeline for the Cul-De-Sac.

Agree with the OP on this, it's a dreadful result today. It's great yeah, beating the more fancied teams but Yeovil were there for the taking. Thankfully they were about as toothless going forward as us otherwise we'd have been soundly beaten.

Certainly not convinced we've got promotion credentials going off just one "wow" performance all season.

No they weren't. They were as dreadful as us in squandering possession and posed about as much threat as Alan Carr with a feather duster once they got into our box.

There for the taking.

No they weren't. They were as dreadful as us in squandering possession and posed about as much threat as Alan Carr with a feather duster once they got into our box.

There for the taking.

Have to disagree there Jamie. I thought they were. They had a gameplan and it worked. They coped much better with the conditions than we did.