How many of you

Lack of goals is a worry.....other than that, I doubt many would complain.

yep..need to convert the chances into goals, convert the draws into wins.

next stepping stone for the team.confidence is flowing, the interplay is good, lets get the wins rolling in.

liking the fact we are now looking hard to beat.teams will start thinking twice now.

Lack of goals is a worry.....other than that, I doubt many would complain.

Yeah pleased with our doggedness lately, but we do need to address our lack of goals soon. It's ok while the defence is performing so well but sooner or later we're gonna need to hit the net regularly. I'm still not convinced we have the right personnel to do this.

yep..need to convert the chances into goals, convert the draws into wins.

next stepping stone for the team.confidence is flowing, the interplay is good, lets get the wins rolling in.

liking the fact we are now looking hard to beat.teams will start thinking twice now.

If it indicates that DP is building a team that he thinks can achieve things in this and coming seasons, rather than trying to throw players on who might be a flash in the pan, then I'm all for it. We are competitive and hard to beat with several key attackers still to come back or reach full fitness. So yes, I would have taken that if offered.

I'm just waiting for all the doom and gloomers who after the Hartlepool game were proclaiming loud & proud that we were in a releagtion dogfight to come on and apologise for getting it oh so wrong.

There again I won't hold my breath as it is always quiet on here when we are on a good run.

Even those like oafc0000 who say that they don't enjoy the match day experience can't hold their hands up and turn up again even after the glowing reports from the MK Franchise game when we played probably our bets football in over 12 months.

I said after the Hartlepool game that despite the result there were positives to take from the game and indeed there had been in each game upto that point. There were signs there that the team were starting to gel. They were there again a week later at Bristol and they are growing with each and every week.

The fact is that after 12 games, DP has the team very well organised. There is a togetherness and a strength that had it been there last season would have seen us achieve at least the playoffs. JR couldn't turn the mess around in 9 games and it has taken DP a full summer to change personnel and 10-12 games to get "his" players playing "his" brand of football. Overall the team has a clear structure. Square pegs in square holes and all that.

When he gets a fully fit squad and he can start to get a fairly settled starting 11 we will probably see the team go on to the next level and turn some of these draws into wins. Unfortunatley at the moment despite the progress made, DP is still fighting fires with injuries.

Someone I spoke to in the summer and whose judgement on the game I hold in high regard told me that "with Penney you will have a team that is better organised and disciplined than you have seen for a number of years at Oldham and when you have that you can go on to achieve things." I was a little taken aback by that comment at the time, but now I can see why he made that statement.

Cheers,

Harry

Even those like oafc0000 who say that they don't enjoy the match day experience can't hold their hands up and turn up again even after the glowing reports from the MK Franchise game when we played probably our bets football in over 12 months.

You seem to be suggesting I stop coming because of the performance of the team ? That is not the case fella...

You seem to be suggesting I stop coming because of the performance of the team ? That is not the case fella...

Didn't say that. Read again what I said which was "Even those like oafc0000 who say that they don't enjoy the match day experience"

Simple really. Team start playing better, atmosphere is improved/better, match day experience is improved. Small things then don't get to people as much.

As you say you hadn't been all season I believed that it couldn't be anything to do with the performances. However your posts on other topics, which you havn't been shy of putting forward, led me to believe that it was the overall match day experience.

Cheers,

Harry

Didn't say that. Read again what I said which was "Even those like oafc0000 who say that they don't enjoy the match day experience"

Simple really. Team start playing better, atmosphere is improved/better, match day experience is improved. Small things then don't get to people as much.

As you say you hadn't been all season I believed that it couldn't be anything to do with the performances. However your posts on other topics, which you havn't been shy of putting forward, led me to believe that it was the overall match day experience.

Cheers,

Harry

That was half a quote in reply... :wink: but as long as you don't think its the performances... It goes deeper than that... Although I will admit the team not playing well at the start was never going to make the situation any better...

Anyway, I have said else where my reasons so as you where...

Cheers,

Harry

I doubted the quality in the squad and was very worried about the start we made in such a strong league. I've been pleased with DP right from the start, I'll admit i've been surprised with how quickly DP dragged us back up after the poor performance v Hartlepool. What we lack in quality we make up for in effort, team-work and work ethic, that'll do for me and yesterday was one of those days when you are proud to call Oldham Athletic 'your' team. Added to the best league performance in years v MK Dons I'm confident we'll be ok this season and hope that DP will be able to build on this year next year when we can have a real go. Anything this year imho will be a real and welcome bonus.

Special mention for Brill, Greegs and Hazell - given the amount of abuse they received earlier in the season they deserve an ovation for the sheer effort in turning theiur performances round and whatever the coaching staff have said in raising their spirits they need to be commended.

In short, I believed DP was the right man dfor the hot seat, I wasn't convinced with the squad assembled. I'm quickly being won over and enjoying watching a fit, hungry team that puts real effort in.

That was half a quote in reply... :wink: but as long as you don't think its the performances... It goes deeper than that... Although I will admit the team not playing well at the start was never going to make the situation any better...

Anyway, I have said else where my reasons so as you where...

Where's what :wink:

oh you mean were!

Cheers,

Harry