The Football League Show!

Is an actual joke!

I bothered to watch it for once yesterday, to catch the Latics highlights, if you can call them Latics highlights! What I got was a crappy 30 second reel, with a completely biased commentator raving about how happy Latics were to defend (this was the 85th minute, drawing away against one of the sides who'll be promoted this season, of course we were going to defend in the final stages!), it basically showed 4 Charlton chances, not a single Latics effort, and they didn't even mention that we had a perfectly good goal ruled out!

They don't know anything at all about the lower leagues, the Five Live team claimed that neither side could buy a win recently, completely ignoring the fact that (before yesterday) we'd won 3 out of the last 4, then the FLS claimed that Charlton were held by 'mid-table Oldham!' Mid table, FFS?! We're 2 points off 6th!!

It was hardly as if we didn't have any chances, either, Charlton had 14 efforts overall, we had 11, yet they made it out as if we didn't have a single half chance!

That show is a complete disgrace, I though the BBC was supposed to be impartial, instead they only ever focus on the 'big' teams!

Is an actual joke!

I bothered to watch it for once yesterday, to catch the Latics highlights, if you can call them Latics highlights! What I got was a crappy 30 second reel, with a completely biased commentator raving about how happy Latics were to defend (this was the 85th minute, drawing away against one of the sides who'll be promoted this season, of course we were going to defend in the final stages!), it basically showed 4 Charlton chances, not a single Latics effort, and they didn't even mention that we had a perfectly good goal ruled out!

They don't know anything at all about the lower leagues, the Five Live team claimed that neither side could buy a win recently, completely ignoring the fact that (before yesterday) we'd won 3 out of the last 4, then the FLS claimed that Charlton were held by 'mid-table Oldham!' Mid table, FFS?! We're 2 points off 6th!!

It was hardly as if we didn't have any chances, either, Charlton had 14 efforts overall, we had 11, yet they made it out as if we didn't have a single half chance!

That show is a complete disgrace, I though the BBC was supposed to be impartial, instead they only ever focus on the 'big' teams!

I don't think Charlton will go up mate, they've 1 win in 6 and are stryggling for goals. They play too pretty football for League One and lack a Plan B. Mark my words their challenge will fade as will Bristol Rovers'.

Edited by oafcprozac

Is an actual joke!

agree.... was really dissapointed with the show last night!

Is an actual joke!

In all fairness, you picked a rather bad programme to watch if it was highlights of the Latics fixture you wanted considering it was 0-0 :wink:

It was always going to be the case, but I'd personally rather we was spoken about like that to an extent with our efforts going under the radar. Many teams will be in for a shock this season, and the true football fans will know that it was a good point to come back north with.

Is an actual joke!

Not just this week but most :disappointed:

defiantly agreed on that. i listend to sky sports news and they said that either side could really have won the game, but charlton had slightly better chances. the football league show made it sound like it was all 1 way traffic.

they also said that about neither side being able to win recently on radio 5 live.

bbc again obviously using the same erronious information supplied by some stats man who never bothered to look at the facts. :blink:

Has anybody seen Calvin Zola's goal??

:shock::blink::shock:

Yep, Zola looked more shocked than anybody that he'd just scored that. Goal of the season.. defo in League 2 anyway.

Woodmans for Wycombe wasnt bad either!

Edited by Butter

didn't see it last night (i was busy consuming my own weight in vodka to try and blot out any memory of the Saints game),from what i've seen of it it's OK but it's a bit patronising ('ooh look at these wacky lower league fans supporting their little club, how cute'). And that ditzy woman who reads out the emails is really, really annoying.