If Failsworth Fails?

We had one on 10th August at a school in Chadderton. The invitation was extended to those who didn't attend to submit their questions to AH, but people seem reluctant to do that.

As mentioned before, questions are pointless anyway when it's a done deal and all the power is concentrated on one side only.

That was a major reason for the low attendance.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could ask them to "sit down to see what people think" but that might be a long long meeting. It would presumably start with one person saying they think coal pit lane is best, that would be discussed, then we'd have counthill, then hollinwood, then ferney fields, then somewhere else, and on and on.

Then they could discuss ground design - one person would say no to 4 colchester style stands, discuss that, another could say no to a bowl, and on and on.

Then maybe ownership issues - YOU could say what you don't want to happen, others could follow with what they don't want etc etc etc.

But, surely the starting point has to be for them to state what they are propsing, so people can comment on THAT rather than a load of waffle about things that might or might not be proposed.

So, if you do want some valid, useful, meaningful consultation; you have to start by asking what is proposed. If there are things you object to, then object to them, but do it on the basis of knowledge rather than guesses.

You gonna send that email with all your concerns?

It would seem it would be pointless going off your response...

Your right... We need the plans... but we wont have them for months it would seem and I fear that ground will be broken on house developments before that happens... Once that happens are options narrow...

That's not the planning application we're being patient about.

There was going to be residential development adjacent to BP to finance the new stadium, whether in the form of a redeveloped BP or on another site, so no surprise there.

:petesake:

Forget it Diego... You either get it and playing dumb on purpose... or you wont ever get it...

We only get to develop the land once...

I will leave it there...

Surely it is the plans for Failsworth site that will be of more interest. The most we need to know about BP site is that there will be housing, the plans are phased, Phase 1 has been submitted for detail planning permission, and looking at the outline plans for the whole BP site they could potentially build phases 1, 2 and 3 before actually pulling down BP and all we'd lose is the carpark.

Surely it is the plans for Failsworth site that will be of more interest. The most we need to know about BP site is that there will be housing, the plans are phased, Phase 1 has been submitted for detail planning permission, and looking at the outline plans for the whole BP site they could potentially build phases 1, 2 and 3 before actually pulling down BP and all we'd lose is the carpark.

Am I wrong or has the development changed from apartments to houses now ?

:petesake:

Forget it Diego... You either get it and playing dumb on purpose... or you wont ever get it...

We only get to develop the land once...

I will leave it there...

I get it and have no reason to play dumb.

The land has to be developed to finance the new development - indisputable!

Where the development takes place in the best interests of the club -debatable!

Am I wrong or has the development changed from apartments to houses now ?

Phase 1 is indeed houses, a mix of 3 bed semis and 4 bed detached. I remember reading somewhere that this came about as part of a review of the ideal residential property to build on the plot. And it doesn't automatically follow that phases 2 to 4 will also be houses instead of apartments - although I suspect they will be, mostly. In the end, the choice is about maximising the potential return in today's property market rather than that of two years ago.

The way I see it phase 1 still leaves our options open, although admittedly the realistic value of those properties may be less with a football ground remaining next to them.

counthill school was a suggestion made weeks ago, which was debated today, what do you mean being retained?

the site is being kept by the Council, it isn't being sold off when the School closes. Well, the playing fields are being kept, the part of the site where the School is, perhaps would be sold, but that wouldn't be big enough for a stadium, plus the land around there is up and down....in fact, perfect for a ski slope!

Why can't you just accept there is no better option and start backing the club?

Oldham as a borough is in the back yard of both Manchester clubs.

The club at the moment is totally on it's arse, we do not have a future if we continue.

Why don't you suggest the fans buy the shares of the club (like Real Madrid) and end up like Stockport instead??

here, here!

sometimes I think it's only me and you on here that swallows everything that the club tells us!

:shock:

The club might be on its arse, but Failsworth (particularly in the form it is being proposed) will put it flat on its back.

Why what proposals have you seen? No plans have been released, maybe come back when you've actually seen something that you can moan about.

he goes drinking in my local waterhole in chadderton,and is friends with about 5 of my mutual friends....

he jumped at the chance of doing buisness with the government regarding a prison as his farm is slowely going downhill,not much livestock lest etc etc..more money if he sells the land to a developer or other,but with land prices on there backside he wont get as much as when the original plan was mooted

is that enough info for you.

he can't be that poor if he can afford to go out boozing....so if you're that big of a mate with him, has he told you what he is doing with the land?

he can't be that poor if he can afford to go out boozing....so if you're that big of a mate with him, has he told you what he is doing with the land?

I would wager the bloke who owns Ferney fields is richer than everyone who posts on this board with the exception of one newyorkboss- he might have lost a fair chunk of cash recently but he's still worth 7 figures. Plus do you know how much livestock retail for- I can tell you it ain't cheap.

What other potential sites?

Even our own board memebers pretty much came up with reasoned arguments against the sites raised.

And none had the backing of the council, which is quite an inportant step.

It was a rhetorical question. Rummy has now sent the email - I assume he didn't demand a public consultation as well in his email

Why what proposals have you seen? No plans have been released, maybe come back when you've actually seen something that you can moan about.

You don't have to see any plans to be able to tell that a 12000 limit on the capacity indicates resignation to a permanent lower division future.

And resignation to a permanent lower division future will, in the long run, see the demise of professional football in the town.

And that's leaving aside all the issues about leaving our heartlands for territory where the attitude to the club is, at best, indifferent.

No I didn't, but i did ask for a gym, a paintball arena and a brewery at the new location. Wherever it may be...

I'm liking the sound of that combination. I can think of few better pastimes than getting drunk and shooting paint at people while they exercise. :chubb::drinking::rifle::blueball:

Because they would neither be 'potential' or 'new' fans then, they'd be 'established' and 'old' fans like me and you.... :blink:

When you consider the relative attractions of international stars at the two Manchester clubs (even if only watched on screen) and a lower division side made up of mediocre kids, journeymen and an endless string of uncommitted loanees, you realise that new support is going to be minimal, to say the least.