Dean Brill

Very rarely post but felt I had to after today's game. Brill is rubbish, end of.

5 (well 4 really) clean sheets are not down to him but the rest of the team's play. Can anyone name 1 game when he made an outstanding save? I can't remember 1. His kicking, positioning, coming off his line, shot stopping and decision making are woeful and how this man has blagged his way into a professional footballer's job is beyond me. For God's sake he struggles with a back pass. Disgusted!!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very rarely post but felt I had to after today's game. Brill is rubbish, end of.

5 (well 4 really) clean sheets are not down to him but the rest of the team's play. Can anyone name 1 game when he made an outstanding save? I can't remember 1. His kicking, positioning, coming off his line, shot stopping and decision making are woeful and how this man has blagged his way into a professional footballer's job is beyond me. For God's sake he struggles with a back pass. Disgusted!!

Were your other 13 posts as insightful as this one?

He's saved at least 2 one on ones at BP this season. I'm not gonna ponder over this though as it's just a measure of how fickle people can be. 4 clean sheets out of 5 and no mistakes with a few good saves thrown in as well and people are saying it was just he took time to settle in and how he looks much better now, then one mistake and straight away he's the worst keeper we've ever had again. I don't think he's a great keeper but after a shaky start he has done ok, oh and you can't blame him for colbeck playing it back to him without looking, christ, that's just ridiculous.

:laught16::petesake:

We were asked by the skipper in his notes to get behind him...we did, an there is the result...u wont find me slating players on here, its not my scene....but Deano is not good enough, the third goal a one on one, he was rooted to the spot then dived outa the way, its common knowledge you close down the angle and make yourself big. i aint gonna give no one the sympathy vote, awww give him time, awww hes lacking confidence, he's a pro ffs! not good enough, get rid!! josh in for next game, nowt to lose, who knows ala goram might just be a gem

Dean Brill - Someone said at least he has a good kick - Not Today buddy

Why does he sprint off at half time ? Has he soiled his pants ?

How he has the cheek to collect his wage every week is beyond me...

Neil Warnock plays every match without a keeper on the bench,

maybe be could try playing without a keeper on the pitch ! just a thought

We were asked by the skipper in his notes to get behind him...we did, an there is the result...u wont find me slating players on here, its not my scene....but Deano is not good enough, the third goal a one on one, he was rooted to the spot then dived outa the way, its common knowledge you close down the angle and make yourself big. i aint gonna give no one the sympathy vote, awww give him time, awww hes lacking confidence, he's a pro ffs! not good enough, get rid!! josh in for next game, nowt to lose, who knows ala goram might just be a gem

Cmon Jacko you know better than that - the third he was exposed on.

2nd he had a mare agreed. Brill is also young for a keeper, did you see Friedel today or do you remember James at Watford. All have made high profile mistakes yet they weren't left to rot on the scrap heap.

And before you go on about the sympathy bloke we are all professionals in our own spheres yet there aren't many sacked for making a handful of mistakes.

He came for crosses today and took them well, he made 1 rick after a couple at the start of the season thats all.

Cmon Jacko you know better than that - the third he was exposed on.

2nd he had a mare agreed. Brill is also young for a keeper, did you see Friedel today or do you remember James at Watford. All have made high profile mistakes yet they weren't left to rot on the scrap heap.

And before you go on about the sympathy bloke we are all professionals in our own spheres yet there aren't many sacked for making a handful of mistakes.

He came for crosses today and took them well, he made 1 rick after a couple at the start of the season thats all.

He didn't come for the cross for the first goal. Well, he did, but then he changed his mind. I'm sorry, but he's made his quota of blunders for the season and we're not even close to Christmas.

He didn't come for the cross for the first goal. Well, he did, but then he changed his mind. I'm sorry, but he's made his quota of blunders for the season and we're not even close to Christmas.

I'm not disagreeing that he has made a number of errors am just trying to balance some of the things said on here. In the last few weeks(post Hartlepool)he has come on a lot and as we are not likely to be getting a new keeper, want that to continue. The ironic cheering when he made a great take from a cross on the penalty spot under pressure from two forwards in the 1st half beggared belief. It was like people wanted him to drop it to carry on having a pop.

I think they call it "mob rule"

If you're blaming Brill for the 3rd goal you're one of the most deluded people on here (and that's saying something given the reaction we get to any defeat). Their lad picked the ball up about 20 yards out after a mistake by :censored:, so even if he sprinted off his line full pelt he would have probably only made it to about 10 yards out before their player struck it, then factor in the fact they had a free man accross the area and then you see the dilemma he has. Rush out and commit and given the short distance it's likely the opposition player can faint and go past him or alternatively give it to his mate, or stay in your 6 yard box and try and make a save. Neither are very attractive options are they and 19/20 will result in a goal. He stayed, their lad opened his body as though to curl it into the far corner, Brill bought it and he brought his foot round the ball to get it in the near side. Nothing Brill could do at all.

Dean Brill - Someone said at least he has a good kick - Not Today buddy

Why does he sprint off at half time ? Has he soiled his pants ?

How he has the cheek to collect his wage every week is beyond me...

Neil Warnock plays every match without a keeper on the bench,

maybe be could try playing without a keeper on the pitch ! just a thought

Yeah! How does he have the cheek to collect his wage after training all week and then making one mistake in today's game, I bet he meant to do it as well. I also heard he's not been turning up for training and instead has been devoting his time to elaborate plans involving poisoning the local water supply, that guy's bad news, get rid.

Yeah! How does he have the cheek to collect his wage after training all week and then making one mistake in today's game, I bet he meant to do it as well. I also heard he's not been turning up for training and instead has been devoting his time to elaborate plans involving poisoning the local water supply, that guy's bad news, get rid.

[/making one mistake in today's game]

If you think he only made one mistake either you were in the queue for one of the 50 pies or you spent most the game in the bogs.

One mistake - Youre havin a LAUGH hahaha

If you think he only made one mistake either you were in the queue for one of the 50 pies or you spent most the game in the bogs.

One mistake - Youre havin a LAUGH hahaha

His kicking wasn't great but that all came after his mistake and he had to endure the ironic cheers from our 'supporters' once again. What were his other mistakes? If you look for mistakes you will find them, same with any player, people can't wait to boo him just like they couldn't wait with Eardley last season. Strange how a number of Blackpool fans I know now say he's one of their best players. It's the same every season, pick one out and give them as much abuse as possible until they're hounded out of the club. Pathetic.

Edited by LeylandLatic

I'm not disagreeing that he has made a number of errors am just trying to balance some of the things said on here. In the last few weeks(post Hartlepool)he has come on a lot and as we are not likely to be getting a new keeper, want that to continue. The ironic cheering when he made a great take from a cross on the penalty spot under pressure from two forwards in the 1st half beggared belief. It was like people wanted him to drop it to carry on having a pop.

I think they call it "mob rule"

how are you trying to balance it out? by saying the fans dont help aswell?

if he didnt make horrendous bloopers, then the fans wont be on his back

but the sad truth is he makes horrendous bloopers and should not be playing - simple as that

his form pre today and post hartlepool is going against him in the argument by which i mean whether he is in form or out of form he will continue to make bloopers

His kicking wasn't great but that all came after his mistake and he had to endure the ironic cheers from our 'supporters' once again. What were his other mistakes? If you look for mistakes you will find them, same with any player, people can't wait to boo him just like they couldn't wait with Eardley last season. Strange how a number of Blackpool fans I know now say he's one of their best players. It's the same every season, pick one out and give them as much abuse as possible until they're hounded out of the club. Pathetic.

You Make him sound like ENGLANDS NUMBER ONE

Silly me - How lucky we are to have him.

1. he comes for something he simply is not going to get leaving a :censored:ing huge gaping goal to aim at.

2. nuff said

3. yes it was a bad backpass but he was beaten at the near post, on an angle without any movement to make himself big.

Sorry but he is :censored:ing awful.

how are you trying to balance it out? by saying the fans dont help aswell?

if he didnt make horrendous bloopers, then the fans wont be on his back

but the sad truth is he makes horrendous bloopers and should not be playing - simple as that

his form pre today and post hartlepool is going against him in the argument by which i mean whether he is in form or out of form he will continue to make bloopers

I seem to remember Jon Hallworth copping a load of flack in a pre-season match against Bradford. There were rumours we were going to get Andy Goram back and the fans were even chanting his name. But Hallworth showed character and went onto have a cracking season and prove his critics wrong.

Can't see Brill doing that, unfortunately.