Dean Brill

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are looking decidedly lightweight at the back, again. :disappointed:

At the back??? Our whole team is lightweight. We really struggle when we are against a big physical team alla Hartlepool. Its men against boys. The only players who held their own today where :censored:, Gregan and Pav...they have some physical presence. Whittaker, Parker, Lomax,Lee,Colbeck and even Furman and Hazell were far too lightweight and couldnt compete against an impressive saints side...

he made a mistake

didnt do it on purpose

made plenty of fine saves 4 clean sheets in 5

abuse is uncalled for

totally agree. whats the point in abusing our only goalkeeper? he has played well the last five games then has a bad one. if the rest of the team had one bad game in six we wouldnt be sat in 12th place we would easily be in top six or higher. theres plenty of players in the team who make errors EVERY game and players who have made far more mistakes across the whole season than brill has. hes just an easy target

totally agree. whats the point in abusing our only goalkeeper? he has played well the last five games then has a bad one. if the rest of the team had one bad game in six we wouldnt be sat in 12th place we would easily be in top six or higher. theres plenty of players in the team who make errors EVERY game and players who have made far more mistakes across the whole season than brill has. hes just an easy target
tell you what next time i see him i'll give him a pat on the back,he's an easy target because the mistakes he makes are schoolboy stuff,but nevermind i fancy another season in league one

Guest sheridans_world

He was unlucky for that free-kick. There was no man on the back stick for their first and he was one-on-one for their third.

He made one mistake, we know what he can do when his confidence is there and when idiots in the crowd are not getting on his back.

He was unlucky for that free-kick. There was no man on the back stick for their first and he was one-on-one for their third.

He made one mistake, we know what he can do when his confidence is there and when idiots in the crowd are not getting on his back.

had alot of bad luck then this season or is it just me

Yes Dean Brill made a dreadful mistake which cost us a goal but so did whoever was supposed to be marking the bloke who had a free header at the corner. After the mistake for the second Brill's confidence was shot and his performance today (even disocunting the mistake) was poor- kicking was very bad in particular.

I'm not a happy clapper but even I could see that ironically cheering him when he claimed an easy ball 2 minutes after the mistake was not the right thing to do. It was in no way helpful and loads of people on here who moan about others being moaners probably were involved. We are Oldham supporters we should try and support them as much as possible during the 2 hours or so of the game (boo them afterwards by all means but not during the game), everyone makes mistakes and when it comes to football defenders and goalies mistakes are always more costly than more forward players.

Letting Fleming go on loan was perhaps not the best idea but with Fleming he was lucky as none of his mistakes resulted in anything more than a penalty (which more often than not wasn't scored). Dave Penney, Martin Gray and the goalie coach obviously saw something more in Brill than Fleming maybe we should have faith in the ability of people who get paid to make that sort of decision as opposed to those who do something else for a living.

Guest sheridans_world
had alot of bad luck then this season or is it just me

I'm not denying he made a lot of mistakes early season, culminating at Hartlepool but since then, his confidence has been sky high and he has been a different keeper. Getting on his back doesn't help him.

Martin Gray and the goalie coach obviously saw something more in Brill than Fleming maybe we should have faith in the ability of people who get paid to make that sort of decision as opposed to those who do something else for a living.

Brill was a big mistake and so is Colbeck, you don't need to be a professional to see that.

Edited by BP1960

They also hit the bar twice, and put a free header from about 6 yards very narrowly wide.

They could have easily have had more.

True, they did but one of the shots that hit the bar Brill knew was over straight away, it may have clipped the bar but he judged it right nonetheless, I wouldn't really count that as a big chance. The second was a great strike fair enough, but at the end of the day we have gifted them 2 goals from absolutely nothing and one of their only other good chances was again from us gifting it to them, not from their creativity or pressure. We missed 3 one on ones. They won because they didn't make stupid errors. If they had gifted us 2 out of nothing we would have no doubt strolled to victory as well. The margin between winning and losing is the culmination our own stupid errors, rather than being outplayed.

he made a mistake

didnt do it on purpose

made plenty of fine saves 4 clean sheets in 5

abuse is uncalled for

your right abuse is uncalled for....but what is called for is a confident keeper who will make a decision to come for a ball and stick with it,not coming then going back and gifting a free go on goal..bang 1-0....then ok..he makes a schoolboy error in not collecting the ball to his chest.....scept he isnt a schoolboy and catching balls from lacklustre shots should be part and parcel of any keeprs game....

yes he made other fine saves but in vain,you cant give teams like that a 2 goal start with very very soft goals,then expect to get the plaudits for good saves later....

he has done very well in recent games,but today has gone backwards to 6 games or so ago and cost us dearly.

TTA should try and convince Wenger to let us borrow Wojciech Szczesny.

my first reaction was who? but i think a premier league reserve/youngster would be good as it could benefit both parties. penney says he doesnt want to loan but surely he has to. is the loan market open because the sooner brill is challenged the better.

True, they did but one of the shots that hit the bar Brill knew was over straight away, it may have clipped the bar but he judged it right nonetheless, I wouldn't really count that as a big chance.

Hmm and we all know Brill has a great sense of judgement. He was beaten all ends up.

E4e

SHRIL

True, they did but one of the shots that hit the bar Brill knew was over straight away, it may have clipped the bar but he judged it right nonetheless, I wouldn't really count that as a big chance. The second was a great strike fair enough, but at the end of the day we have gifted them 2 goals from absolutely nothing and one of their only other good chances was again from us gifting it to them, not from their creativity or pressure. We missed 3 one on ones. They won because they didn't make stupid errors. If they had gifted us 2 out of nothing we would have no doubt strolled to victory as well. The margin between winning and losing is the culmination our own stupid errors, rather than being outplayed.

Much like what I was thinking from listening to the commentary. We lost it in the detail - goals let in through individual error, and goals not scored through chances missed. We need to sort both out, but we still aren't doing all that badly with half a team out and against one of the best teams. Penney is building something here.

my first reaction was who? but i think a premier league reserve/youngster would be good as it could benefit both parties. penney says he doesnt want to loan but surely he has to. is the loan market open because the sooner brill is challenged the better.

If memory serves, aren't most 3rd/4th choice Premiership keepers irredeemably :censored:?

Guest sheridans_world
another thing these halftime training sessions whatever you want to call them,why?

Gets him warm, keeps him alert.

The only reasons I can think of them.

What he does at half-time and corners (for the rest of the squad), should be practised during the week in training...

Gets him warm, keeps him alert.

The only reasons I can think of them.

What he does at half-time and corners (for the rest of the squad), should be practised during the week in training...

the keeping coach did alot of work with ollerenshaw as if they were going to bring him on. that might have been a good idea becuase it puts brill in his place, letting him know he cant cock up and get away with it, and give ollerenshaw the experience he needs if he wants to be a better keeper