Englands Englands Number One

As I have said many a time, one thing Brill does need is competition, which is something he isn't getting at the moment. Whether this is dictated by the budget or not I don't know.

But the bottom line is as much as I am behind the lad and want him to shut up the boo boys, Brill has dropped several clangers this season, and he could drop several more, yet he will still be played, for the simple reason we have nobody else.

Yes Fleming also dropped some clangers and give away some daft penalties, but I had absolute confidence that he would save the sodding penalty and as someone said on here earlier, Fleming was capable of making saves that got people standing up and clapping. This is something we havent seen from Brill so far (apart from arguably a 1 on 1 from carlisle), all his better saved by right any goalie worth their salt could and should have got to.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that proves is that there are as many brain dead know nothing loons on that board as there are on this one.

So what you're really saying is the majority are wrong unless they conform to your way of thinking, and that dean Brill is a good keeper?

I hate to be the one to say it but he's average at the very best and not what we need.

Our team is not creating enough chances and certainly not taking them when they come along which means that we must be strong at the back in order to get through games.

This dry spell in front of goal, highlights individual errors by Brill and they in turn cost us games and we cannot allow it to continue.

He needs competition we all know that but I have seen enough of him to know he’s not going to improve or change the bad habits he has.

Brill has to take some blame for the goal, he set the wall and from where I was sat behind the goal I saw the foot gap on the rhs of the wall were the ball went.

Saying that people do need to lay off with all the grief they give him. If we attacked better and scored goals and even held the ball up in midfield, then defence would have less work to do. Attack is the best form of defence!

brills errors just take the blame away from the forwards that arnt producing the goods apart from abbot obviuosly. in regards to the wall he set up unless he wanted an eight man wall he set it up as well as he could. there was a right footer and left footer stood over it from that position the most likly was the right footer so he set it up to cover that more than the left footer. with the amount he had in the wall he couldnt possibly cover the curve from a right footer and a left footer so he went for the most likely option. if he put more in the wall to cover it they would have been no one marking in the box so they would have jus put it on someones head and scored anyway

brills errors just take the blame away from the forwards that arnt producing the goods apart from abbot obviuosly. in regards to the wall he set up unless he wanted an eight man wall he set it up as well as he could. there was a right footer and left footer stood over it from that position the most likly was the right footer so he set it up to cover that more than the left footer. with the amount he had in the wall he couldnt possibly cover the curve from a right footer and a left footer so he went for the most likely option. if he put more in the wall to cover it they would have been no one marking in the box so they would have jus put it on someones head and scored anyway

If you put it that way I really don't understand how teams don't always score from free kicks. It's really simple to score isn't it?

Explain to me how he was? Everyone was expecting the right footer to swing it in and then the left footer hits it in at the near post. Did you know that was coming? No and neither did anyone else. Dean Brill cant cover both posts and come to think of it neither can any keeper. What was he supposed to do? If you put a player on the post the first thing the attacking team do is stick 2 players infront of the keeper. Funny how when we concede every latics fan is suddenly a goal keeping coach. He was not at fault for that goal.

The ball should never be able to get AROUND the wall and end up in the net with a couple of yards to spare. It doesn't matter if you expect it or not, it should still be covered. The only reason the left footer took it wa because Brill had given him all that space to work with.

Tell you what let us see how bad Mr Brill really is come Saturday, whether Leeds will field a full strength squad your guess is as good as mine but they have scored 29 against our 13, by whilst being nowhere near the best (10th in the league) we are nowhere near the worst either, no doubt I can speak for a lot of you on here it isn't going to be a case if Leeds win on Saturday but by how many.

Leeds United, 18 for, 4 against at home, away 11 for and 4 against.

Us 7 and 10 @ home, 6 and 5 away from home.

Now that isn't looking to good for us on paper but yesterday had a draw written all over it, Saturday has Leeds going through quite comfortably, I'm just a tad concerned by how many though, I'll be praying to great man in the sky that we don't completely humiliate ourselves with the scoreline though........ :unsure:

Edited by tangerinedreams

Explain to me how he was? Everyone was expecting the right footer to swing it in and then the left footer hits it in at the near post. Did you know that was coming? No and neither did anyone else. Dean Brill cant cover both posts and come to think of it neither can any keeper. What was he supposed to do? If you put a player on the post the first thing the attacking team do is stick 2 players infront of the keeper. Funny how when we concede every latics fan is suddenly a goal keeping coach. He was not at fault for that goal.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. If there are 2 players standing over the freekick, cover both options, put extra men (from the front line) in the wall, then when the chance arises, row z it to reorganise everyone.

OR cover the posts, yeah strikers might then move into the 6 yard area, ind in front of the keeper, but all it takes is a nudge on the keeper and it (should be) free kick to us.

The ball should never be able to get AROUND the wall and end up in the net with a couple of yards to spare.

Unless its Roberto Carlos :shock:

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. If there are 2 players standing over the freekick, cover both options, put extra men (from the front line) in the wall, then when the chance arises, row z it to reorganise everyone.

OR cover the posts, yeah strikers might then move into the 6 yard area, ind in front of the keeper, but all it takes is a nudge on the keeper and it (should be) free kick to us.

Unless its Roberto Carlos :shock:

Promote Bensonio to goalkeeping coach :)

If you put it that way I really don't understand how teams don't always score from free kicks. It's really simple to score isn't it?

not all teams have players who can hit a free kick like that. end of the day doesnt matter how the goal went in it was always going to be blamed on brill. ma mate said it perfectly after the goal went in. he said that was a great free kick but brill will get the blame for it he always does he could have beckham taking his free kicks against him and people still would blame him

not all teams have players who can hit a free kick like that. end of the day doesnt matter how the goal went in it was always going to be blamed on brill. ma mate said it perfectly after the goal went in. he said that was a great free kick but brill will get the blame for it he always does he could have beckham taking his free kicks against him and people still would blame him

funny how we have had 5 teams with great freekick takers now and it's not even christmas, :blink:

funny how we have had 5 teams with great freekick takers now and it's not even christmas, :blink:

well you have just proved my point avnt you so thanks. we have played more than 5 teams this year so if only 5 have scored drect from a freekick not everyteam has a player who can hit a free kick like that. dont remember 5 off top of my head only remember hudds and swindon and think hartlepool might have got a direct one in but not sure hudds was a very good free kick and from were i was sat mcgoverns for swindon looked a good one aswel

well you have just proved my point avnt you so thanks. we have played more than 5 teams this year so if only 5 have scored drect from a freekick not everyteam has a player who can hit a free kick like that. dont remember 5 off top of my head only remember hudds and swindon and think hartlepool might have got a direct one in but not sure hudds was a very good free kick and from were i was sat mcgoverns for swindon looked a good one aswel
so your saying dean brill is a good goalkeeper.....

Tell you what let us see how bad Mr Brill really is come Saturday, whether Leeds will field a full strength squad your guess is as good as mine but they have scored 29 against our 13, by whilst being nowhere near the best (10th in the league) we are nowhere near the worst either, no doubt I can speak for a lot of you on here it isn't going to be a case if Leeds win on Saturday but by how many.

Leeds United, 18 for, 4 against at home, away 11 for and 4 against.

Us 7 and 10 @ home, 6 and 5 away from home.

Now that isn't looking to good for us on paper but yesterday had a draw written all over it, Saturday has Leeds going through quite comfortably, I'm just a tad concerned by how many though, I'll be praying to great man in the sky that we don't completely humiliate ourselves with the scoreline though........ :unsure:

Grayson was at Sunday's game and can't have failed to be unimpressed by us, I could easily see him taking the chance to rest one or two players if he feels they need it, which can only be of benefit to us.

Grayson was at Sunday's game and can't have failed to be unimpressed by us, I could easily see him taking the chance to rest one or two players if he feels they need it, which can only be of benefit to us.

I disagree. I see Grayson as a very astute manager, he'll be in it to win it. He may juggle, but only by rotating maybe Beckford on to the bench. The starting 11 and subs will be his usual suspects.

This is why he's a successful football manager and you aren't. :wink:

from were i was sat mcgoverns for swindon looked a good one aswel

................Brill's positioning for that goal was worse than Sunday, he was almost inviting him to have a crack, just about everybody near me in the RRE was shouting at Brill to stand more to the left....it was a basic schoolboy error!!!!

I disagree. I see Grayson as a very astute manager, he'll be in it to win it. He may juggle, but only by rotating maybe Beckford on to the bench. The starting 11 and subs will be his usual suspects.

So you disagree, but you think he'll rest Beckford. :blink:

I also see Grayson as a very astute manager.

I'm not even that good on Football Manager... :lol:

I can see Brill's limitations, to the extent I'd be happy if we brought in a new keeper (at least for proper competition) in January.

I just think the lynch mob have, as usual, gone completely over the top. I definitely don't think Fleming is any better.

I'm not even that good on Football Manager... :lol:

I can see Brill's limitations, to the extent I'd be happy if we brought in a new keeper (at least for proper competition) in January.

I just think the lynch mob have, as usual, gone completely over the top. I definitely don't think Fleming is any better.

I agree, as I've said on another thread, I think Fleming is as prone to mistakes and misjudgments as Brill.

I really would prefer a new keeper here on loan now, not in January.

The criticism of Brill has got a bit OTT, but he really isn't good.

The four (three ST holders) Luton fans I know at work were gutted he went. They are shocked some Oldham fans didn't like him as they rate him very highly.

Doesn't hide the fact that he's pap....I don't go off what other people think of a player. I know enough about football to make my own mind up about a player...