Nearly there

Firstly, i wasnt at the game last night so am only going off the reaction on here but it sounds like we are a team that is 70-80% of the way to a good team.

there are obviously going to be negatives like the lack of goals or amount of injuries but i think that with maybe one inspired signing or one win that we dont necesarily deserve, we could go on a decent run and boost confidence.

if we stick with DP, i think we will do ok next season. we wont get promotion or relegation and we have no cups to focus on so lets focus on getting as high up the league as possible and take as many positives out of the season so next year we can be a real threat.

Firstly, i wasnt at the game last night so am only going off the reaction on here but it sounds like we are a team that is 70-80% of the way to a good team.

there are obviously going to be negatives like the lack of goals or amount of injuries but i think that with maybe one inspired signing or one win that we dont necesarily deserve, we could go on a decent run and boost confidence.

if we stick with DP, i think we will do ok next season. we wont get promotion or relegation and we have no cups to focus on so lets focus on getting as high up the league as possible and take as many positives out of the season so next year we can be a real threat.

thats about the same as i see it

the core of the team is there, just a couple of tweaks (a creative midfielder and a goalscorer) and we will be a good team

its all about building for a serious promotion challenge next season

Agreed.

But someone will be on calling you a happy clapper next :wink: .

Edited by opinions4u

its better than all of these negative threads on here.

Quite-it's precisely because of negative threads on here that the club is in such a dire mess.

In actual fact it's the reason why 'we are not Real Madrid, and don't have a God-given right to win games.' If it wasn't for negative threads (and moaning fans at BP) God would doubtless immediately bestow that right on the club.

Your probably right but we just don't have the strength in depth we are probably 3-4 quality players away from challenging for promotion but its 3-4 quality players we can't afford as we have no cup run to fund it and TTa are only going to put so much money in to cover the losses that the club continues to make. Walking away from Boundary Park last night I felt a little disilusioned the only chance of us moving forward is we move to failsworth and the gamble pays off for us. But thats 2 years away minimum and I'm afraid in the meantime we are going nowhere quickly I will keep the faith I hope others do and I hope Dave Penney is given a fair crack of the whip but he faces a very difficult job taking us to the next level working with what he has at the moment.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Quite-it's precisely because of negative threads on here that the club is in such a dire mess.

In actual fact it's the reason why 'we are not Real Madrid, and don't have a God-given right to win games.' If it wasn't for negative threads (and moaning fans at BP) God would doubtless immediately bestow that right on the club.

My god I bet you are fun at parties! :lol:

We should be looking at non league players....perhaps pay a smaller fee with the offering of our fringe players on loan??

why dont we try giving our fringe players a try first rather than bringing in untried players from 2 or 3 leagues below us

peterborough hit lucky with a couple,but it isnt a proven way to go as they havent managed it again,and are currently struggling in a higher league.

we need players that arent affraid to put a shift in,roll there sleeves up and play for the shirt rather than the appearance fee

Disagree, is it the fans who run the club? No so how can it be the fans at fault?

the core of the team is there, just a couple of tweaks (a creative midfielder and a goalscorer) and we will be a good team

So we have a keeper on loan - two central defenders who are performing reasonably well and a striker in Abbott who is going to be sorely missed for the next 6(?) weeks.

If we add Taylor and Furman to that lot it makes 6 players who are (imho) guaranteed a start.

If we count Purdie and Jacobson (neither has played yet) and :censored: that nudges us towards 9 of the core team - add Blackman & Smalley (not convinced) and we would have a decent mid table side:grin:

Will we see that side turn out this year? It would be nice.

yes but, will gregan be able to hack it next season. :unsure: methinks you may need another centre half. as well as a midfielder and a striker.