For all those who moan about and don't want TTA in charge.........

who the hell can you honestly see wanting to replace them??

Get off their backs unless you have the funds to take over....if they were to leave no-one would want to step in.

There are many more financially viable clubs worth investing in than Oldham Athletic so show some support or SAY NOTHING AT ALL.......it serves no purpose!!!!

I'm 24 years of age, I started watching Oldham when it was the likes of Craig Dudley and Mark Allott etc up front, I never experienced the 'glory years'.

No-one would buy this club if TTA sold Oldham, sad but true.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hard facts are OAFC is broke and TTA have bankrolled it. They tried for promotion and the gamble failed, so now they have to cut back and the muppets don't like it because they don't understand simple finance.

I think Failsworth is a mistake and won't happen due to the opposition to it. That will then see TTA go I fear and that will leave us in a complete mess again.

Get off their backs unless you have the funds to take over....if they were to leave no-one would want to step in.

There are many more financially viable clubs worth investing in than Oldham Athletic so show some support or SAY NOTHING AT ALL.......it serves no purpose!!!!

I'm 24 years of age, I started watching Oldham when it was the likes of Craig Dudley and Mark Allott etc up front, I never experienced the 'glory years'.

What was wrong with Craig Dudley? I actually thought he was okay (if he wasnt ashthmatic he would have been okay).

I totally agree though pal. I said it months ago, the same people saying TTA out would be the first to moan if they left us in the :censored: Chris Moore style. As for the tosser having a go at Corney he needs to realise he's talking to people who keep dipping in and working on a defecit!

i think you would be suprised who may or may not buy a club like ours if it was to go up for sale...

oh and failsworth wont get built because of opposition to it....what all 119 of them

The hard facts are OAFC is broke and TTA have bankrolled it. They tried for promotion and the gamble failed, so now they have to cut back and the muppets don't like it because they don't understand simple finance.

I think Failsworth is a mistake and won't happen due to the opposition to it. That will then see TTA go I fear and that will leave us in a complete mess again.

have to disagree. there is a fair bit of opposition but not enough and its expected the local residents wont be happy but i actualy think the council will push it through regardless. i might be being niave but the way the it has been handled by the club an council since the plans were initaily released suggests to me that they are working together and that it is basically already agreed.

maybe the council has finally realised that after years of no support its time they backed us. or maybe not and im miles out

have to disagree. there is a fair bit of opposition but not enough and its expected the local residents wont be happy but i actualy think the council will push it through regardless. i might be being niave but the way the it has been handled by the club an council since the plans were initaily released suggests to me that they are working together and that it is basically already agreed.

maybe the council has finally realised that after years of no support its time they backed us. or maybe not and im miles out

I think that you are miles out.

What was wrong with Craig Dudley? I actually thought he was okay (if he wasnt ashthmatic he would have been okay).

I totally agree though pal. I said it months ago, the same people saying TTA out would be the first to moan if they left us in the :censored: Chris Moore style. As for the tosser having a go at Corney he needs to realise he's talking to people who keep dipping in and working on a defecit!

Same here, thought Craig Dudley was a good player, quick and full of running etc. Seem to remember him scoring a hatrick against Notts County when we beat them 4 v 1 at BP a few years back. Wouldn't mind him on our right wing now...

I've been feeling the same for a while. I think you're spot on....

Same here, thought Craig Dudley was a good player, quick and full of running etc. Seem to remember him scoring a hatrick against Notts County when we beat them 4 v 1 at BP a few years back. Wouldn't mind him on our right wing now...

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he never ever scored a hatrick for us.

I'm willing to be proved wrong though.

Unlucky... I feel sorry for fans like you who did not get the chance to enjoy those special times...

I think your wrong...

Er hang on, everyone keeps saying that TTA are going to make money from this property deal/ move to Failsworth, if they can make money from it surely someone else can. Yes Oldham doesn't look all that great a proposition but if I could afford us I'd rather buy Oldham than say Scunny because we have land and the land is worth more money than our squad. TBH though you'd have to be stupid to buy Oldham for the land... oh hang on.

I think that could change in May... Is there local elections in April / May ??

The Council's Chief Executive knows that next time the planning application must be seen to be dealt with in accordance with Planning law and the Local Government Code of Conduct, and not like last time when it was a cross between Trumpton and Noddy's Toyland. If you want to know more about what this means read the following guidance prepred for MPs to keep an eye on how councillors in their consituencies are behaving.

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/resea.../snsc-00931.pdf

Er hang on, everyone keeps saying that TTA are going to make money from this property deal/ move to Failsworth, if they can make money from it surely someone else can. Yes Oldham doesn't look all that great a proposition but if I could afford us I'd rather buy Oldham than say Scunny because we have land and the land is worth more money than our squad. TBH though you'd have to be stupid to buy Oldham for the land... oh hang on.

exactly, the land is the key

without the land we are not a sellable asset, which means lower league football probably forever IMO

The Council's Chief Executive knows that next time the planning application must be seen to be dealt with in accordance with Planning law and the Local Government Code of Conduct, and not like last time when it was a cross between Trumpton and Noddy's Toyland. If you want to know more about what this means read the following guidance prepred for MPs to keep an eye on how councillors in their consituencies are behaving.

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/resea.../snsc-00931.pdf

To be frank DS I haven't got time to read that...

If the council changed hands and went control went to Labour is there not a chance the council could refuse to actually sell the council owned land to OAFC ? And wouldn't this move actually be outside of the planning permission system...

Lets not go there again eh 0000 haha :lol:

Some years ago, there was a planning permission to build houses on BP and its adjoining land, and the fear when Chris Moore pulled out was that a new owner would build those permitted houses.

TTA came in and did not build houses on BP and vowed not to sell BP unless it was in the best interests of the Club. So far they have acted like men of honour.

If their dream is realised and we have a new stadium, with the club financially self-sufficient from non-football activities, I for one will be eternally grateful.

We await the plans to see just what is proposed for the new stadium.