New stadium

it very well could have been!

no,they(catalunya) have a version of a bury lancashire pudding, with some slight differences.

1/ its always shallow fried, whole.

2/the texture is more looser than firm.

3/it has onions in it.

the taste is pretty much the same though.

maybe bury's finest enjoy healthy wedges of bullocks dangles also? :grin:

3736245929_17379ffb2e_b.jpg

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure the councillors would have there own side to the story...

I and others had a whole string of laughable emails from Councillors about their side of the story. They ignored their officers' advice and were procedurally inept and open to challenge, but it was decided not to pursue the challenge in the long-term interest, as has been said already.

You might not accept it, but it's fact.

If you choose the path of 262 I think to then attack the council is done so on weak ground...

Its due process unless you prove otherwise... and when I say prove I mean make a complaint, let both sides get heard and then win that complaint...

I am not qualified to make a call on it... I will not accept the council :censored: up if no one is prepared to take them to account over it...

Your still missing the point that I made and which was backed by Diego. Namely the bigger picture.

You can make complaints, get a result on the complaint and claim a moral victory. But where does that get you? Basically nowhere.

What happened was the march by fans. That changed the Councillors viewpoint. The negative publicity in the papers and on TV, had a much bigger impact than any complaint that was made.

In tems of the club, I believe that they have looked at the bigger picture and built bridges and when the Lancaster Club site has come up, they have taken on board the lessons learnt from the previous application, to ensure that the process can be and will be dealt within the target period. We will see.

Cheers,

Harry

I and others had a whole string of laughable emails from Councillors about their side of the story. They ignored their officers' advice and were procedurally inept and open to challenge, but it was decided not to pursue the challenge in the long-term interest, as has been said already.

It might be fact... If you want me to beat up on the council though you need to hold them to account..

Anyway, should we drop this now ?

I think we have done this to death now :wink:

Guest sheridans_world

I guess we dont even need to mention the "1960's Russia" model?

it very well could have been!

no,they(catalunya) have a version of a bury lancashire pudding, with some slight differences.

1/ its always shallow fried, whole.

2/the texture is more looser than firm.

3/it has onions in it.

the taste is pretty much the same though.

maybe bury's finest enjoy healthy wedges of bullocks dangles also? :grin:

Have you been frequenting that student bar again that you got us ejected from on J's stag do in May Johnny?

Cheers,

Harry

Have you been frequenting that student bar again that you got us ejected from on J's stag do in May Johnny?

Cheers,

Harry

que??!!!

not me!

coincidently, i went down that same street we stayed in with the blue margarita bar on, with the sole purpose of enjoying a rare tipple...alas, it wasn't yet open.

bugger!

que??!!!

not me!

coincidently, i went down that same street we stayed in with the blue margarita bar on, with the sole purpose of enjoying a rare tipple...alas, it wasn't yet open.

bugger!

I think me and my mates can take the blame for getting us thrown out :lol: Good job it wasn't open it was a bleeding rip off in there cost me about 5 euros for a bottle of warm estrella!!

Didn't the Ritchie Report recommend all those years ago that Oldham needed lots of new shiny houses. I'm fairly sure there were targets set and maybe they've realised in only the ways our council can, that the clock is now ticking and something needs to be done. So a land exchange happens blah, blah. Houses go up with conditions attached as to who they are aimed at. We're down in Failsworth, job done.

I went to the meeting at Radcliffe a while back and knew there and then it was a done deal. Laid down, we're going. Sure the people of Failsworth will have a moan but we will be there, if we like it or not or if they do or not.

Didn't the Ritchie Report recommend all those years ago that Oldham needed lots of new shiny houses. I'm fairly sure there were targets set and maybe they've realised in only the ways our council can, that the clock is now ticking and something needs to be done. So a land exchange happens blah, blah. Houses go up with conditions attached as to who they are aimed at. We're down in Failsworth, job done.

I went to the meeting at Radcliffe a while back and knew there and then it was a done deal. Laid down, we're going. Sure the people of Failsworth will have a moan but we will be there, if we like it or not or if they do or not.

It's central government policy, a friend at he time of the previous planning application (someone who really would know) was amazed at a local authority challenging such a scheme on an ideal brownfield site. I believe it could ultimately affect funding if they didn't deliver on certain targets so this may be a reason why the Council are keen to sort it out. It's also not impossible that officials might have let it be known that the Ministry would take a highly favourable view if such plans were rejected by the Council again with no due grounds.

It's central government policy, a friend at he time of the previous planning application (someone who really would know) was amazed at a local authority challenging such a scheme on an ideal brownfield site. I believe it could ultimately affect funding if they didn't deliver on certain targets so this may be a reason why the Council are keen to sort it out. It's also not impossible that officials might have let it be known that the Ministry would take a highly favourable view if such plans were rejected by the Council again with no due grounds.

Did you mean unfavourable?

I was thinking from the point of view of those who wanted it passed :)

Just reverting to the debate earlier on this thread with 0000, the Council, do get extra monies if they hit their targets for processing times from central Funds. So every scheme that goes over the target time affects their income. It is 1 of the reasons they find "excuses" not to register applications on the date they are received. Most Architects are now wise to this and in fact their is now a guide produced by the Greater Manchester Councils outlining what documents, surveys etc should be submitted at the time of the submission.

There is also government direction with regard to pre submission meetings with planning officers that should iron out some issues/information requirements. So hopefully the Lancaster Club application should be a quicker process and should meet the 13 week target.

After the last debacle, there is no excuse.

Cheers,

Harry

And of course Grange are moving just across the road in 2013, which just so happens to tie in with the Ritchie Reports recommendations re racial intergrational in schools and housing.

Now I wonder why the council are so happy to do all they can to assist us in vacating the BP site, and, dare I say, they ignored the advice of the traffic survey re the BP development, delaying the process not once, but twice....................

It all comes down to cash through the turnstiles. I believe the stayaways' unwillingness to go through thin and thinner, like the diehards, has got us in the current financial position. It's their prerogative and no doubt they consider the diehards to be mad. You say they won't return until they consider it (what they read about in the Chron and what they hear from the diehards) and the position in the League appears to be attractive enough for them. So be it, they've made that decision.

There are hardly any clubs who, having been what this one has been through in the past fifteen years would be attracting healthy crowds. Nobody but the diehards are prepared to regularly pay a hefty whack for ongoing failure. Attendances do rise when things are going well, but the club/team always lets everybody down.

It's a vicious circle, I know, but that's how it is.

We haven't got to that position and, on the face of it, the economic recession has scuppered the BP redevelopment plans. I think TTA have given it a fair crack of the whip and I understand why they have had to reduce the scale of their dream.

Obviously a 12,000 capacity stadium reflects that reduced dream, or ambition for the future as you point out, but who can really blame them when they've been let down by the Oldham public and Council?

We can only hope that when TTA sell up, the new owners will invest enough, without getting into a mess like Leeds, and be lucky enough, to go onwards and upwards to the higher tiers of football and put another tier onto the new stadium to accommodate the increaed attendances.

Meanwhile I await the plans to see how the Club is to be sustained by non-football revenue, but I'll not be holding my breath for a rosy future.

Unfortunately, a scaled down club means a scaled down fanbase.

Which, of course, means permanent lower division football.