New stadium

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellington, Shropshire has an official civic post of ale taster - a tough job but someone has to do it - recreating medieval times, when the taster's duties involved visiting stalls and inns on market days and during the town's fairs to ensure that the beer and other produce on sale were of good quality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...l#ixzz0X2CMDkVN

This got me thinking of a non-football revenue-producing activity for the new stadium - medieval banquets, hosted by big Gordon dressed as Henry VIII. IT would be ideal in the listed Building part of the development with flickering torchlight. Accompanying the King could be fighting knights, strolling players and dancing wenches providing a magical medieval pageantt. After the show, there could be music and dancing. I can see this being a big attraction bringing folk from as far as Cheshire.

Am I onto a winner?

Wellington, Shropshire has an official civic post of ale taster - a tough job but someone has to do it - recreating medieval times, when the taster's duties involved visiting stalls and inns on market days and during the town's fairs to ensure that the beer and other produce on sale were of good quality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...l#ixzz0X2CMDkVN

This got me thinking of a non-football revenue-producing activity for the new stadium - medieval banquets, hosted by big Gordon dressed as Henry VIII. IT would be ideal in the listed Building part of the development with flickering torchlight. Accompanying the King could be fighting knights, strolling players and dancing wenches providing a magical medieval pageantt. After the show, there could be music and dancing. I can see this being a big attraction bringing folk from as far as Cheshire.

Am I onto a winner?

Strolling players, I've seen a few of them in my time at Latics. :grin:

Sometimes it's simpler still than that. Life moves on, priorities change, and suddenly Latics falls down the order of things to do on a Saturday.

True...

I no longer feel like a supporter... I am constantly treated like and told I am JUST a customer... Well if I am just a customer I can easily think of many things which offer a better more enjoyable product and as such represent a much better value for money option...

Those of us who still attend BP are not morally superior to those who've called it a day. Simply, the club has done too little to keep them or win them back, and too little to attract the wider public of Oldham.

There are hardly any clubs in the country that don't lose fans when the club stagnates or declines.

I find it amazing some of the attacks aimed at me on this site. I say, the club should listen to me, I am important, I am a supporter who has thrown money at the club and expected very little back. Some fans turn around and say I should shut, I am just a customer...

So I put on the customer hat and say its pants...its crap...and I wont pay any more... Same set come along and say I am naughty little boy and I should be a better supporter...:petesake:

:) Talking about conflicted :D

I must admit the attitude of some supporters recently has made me toughen even more against coming back...

Edited by oafc0000

Please? For me?

If you want to bait people, stick to the retards, not somebody cleverer than you.

If you are so clever, how come the limit of your intellectual capacity is arguing that a 12k stadium equals a perennial stay in the 2nd or 3rd division and nought else?

You're not holding something back are you?

Been looking at quite a few stadiums on this site, some in our 12000 range are utter gash, others ( see above ) seem reasonable. I'd prefer 16000/18000 though to be honest.

://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...l#ixzz0X2CMDkVN[/url]

Am I onto a winner?

I think even having rugby on the pitch might be preferable to a jousting tourney!