New stadium

Bit of an insight from the Tory Leader. Looks like it will be a one tiered ground..... from tonights Chron

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...ill-be-revealed

"And the Tory group leader, Councillor Jack Hulme, and colleagues also met Latics directors last week. Councillor Hulme said: “We told them they hadn’t handled it well and they assured us there would be more public consultation.

"I was reassured that the size of the stadium would be one story and would not be overpowering everything on the front of the road"

Edited by NIKI1234

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an insight from the Tory Leader. Looks like it will be a one tiered ground..... from tonights Chron

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...ill-be-revealed

"And the Tory group leader, Councillor Jack Hulme, and colleagues also met Latics directors last week. Councillor Hulme said: “We told them they hadn’t handled it well and they assured us there would be more public consultation.

"I was reassured that the size of the stadium would be one story and would not be overpowering everything on the front of the road"

hhmmmm... And if it was two stories this would be a problem ? Long term issue there I feel...

We don’t want fans there, just the residents of Failsworth.
Sums up the attitude of some of the Nimbys. Complaining that they're not being consulted, then saying they don't want anyone's voices other than theirs to be heard.

hhmmmm... And if it was two stories this would be a problem ? Long term issue there I feel...

To be honest I am glad its one tier.... A 12k capacity with 2 tiered stands would look odd, the capacity is not big enough for more than one tier.... Just hope these tiers are close to the pitch and dont have big gaping gaps in the corners like at Northampton, Colchester, Oxford......

Edited by NIKI1234

To be honest I am glad it one tier.... A 12k capacity with 2 tiered stands would look odd, the capacity is not big enough for more than one tier.... Just hope these tiers are close to the pitch and done have big gaping gaps in the corners like at Northampton, Colchester, Oxford......

I think you miss the point I was trying to make a bit...

It is factually correct though.

It will be one tiered when it is bui;t

Planning permission would have to be obtained to convert to two tiers (as you say theough it might look odd just two stands) but by then half the issues would have evaporated as the stadium is established.

Diego can correct em, but I would have thought it easier planning wise to upgrade later rather than trying to get 2 tier esblasihed prior to being built, if that make sense.

To be honest I am glad its one tier.... A 12k capacity with 2 tiered stands would look odd, the capacity is not big enough for more than one tier.... Just hope these tiers are close to the pitch and dont have big gaping gaps in the corners like at Northampton, Colchester, Oxford......

Did you not see the thread a few months back of European stadia of similar size to the one Latics are proposing? Molde's in particular looked brilliant with 2 tiers, I think we should do the same in all honesty.

Expansion? Presumably if there is going to be the possibility for the future it would have to be from filling in corners, therefore it isn't planned to be a bowl design?

Well you could build a second tier over the current one... It is exactly what they did at Old Trafford...

Did you not see the thread a few months back of European stadia of similar size to the one Latics are proposing? Molde's in particular looked brilliant with 2 tiers, I think we should do the same in all honesty.

Yeah I did see that thread and they were some great grounds you are right if it was like one of those I would be more than happy.... Can they be built on 20 million though?

Yeah I did see that thread and they were some great grounds you are right if it was like one of those I would be more than happy.... Can they be built on 20 million though?

T the time it apperently cost NOK212000000 which at current exchange rate is around 22M. I don't know what the exchange rate at the time was so that's the best i've got. I would say something like that would be achievable though.