Failsworth stadium

Just had a little chat with the "ball and chain" about the proposed Failsworth site and the various oppositions.

What is the likelyhood that Failsworth is a diversionary tactic and plans are well afoot at a different location?

Are we too far down the road of "Broadway" do a U-turn yet?

Your thoughts ladies and gentleman please

Apologies if we have covered this before

Thanks guys

Don't think there was anywhere else in Oldham with a least with some sort of transport infastucture in place to cope anyway.

Except now that I have a little think, we could have used the dump they are still tying to develop called a golf course in Beal valley. Especially now the railway has stopped, slip roads could have been made to cross over into it at various points and the proposed Tram line could have been extended to Derker station.

Aww nice dream Oldham with a decent footy stadium instead of a bloomin golf course (Still unfinished with no end in sight even now). It must be a record I am sure they have been building it for nearly 20 years now.

Yea just cant see that they would cause this much trouble just to keep our attention away from a different site.

I have spent ages trawling over google earth and never really found anything to match the Failsworth site apart from BP.

A little bit of mis-information/divesionary tactics can go a long way - WW2 D-Day I believe.

Yes I agree, nothing else other than BP/clayton field or Failsworth springs to my mind at the mo

Many thanks

Thanks guys

Don't think there was anywhere else in Oldham with a least with some sort of transport infastucture in place to cope anyway.

Except now that I have a little think, we could have used the dump they are still tying to develop called a golf course in Beal valley. Especially now the railway has stopped, slip roads could have been made to cross over into it at various points and the proposed Tram line could have been extended to Derker station.

Aww nice dream Oldham with a decent footy stadium instead of a bloomin golf course (Still unfinished with no end in sight even now). It must be a record I am sure they have been building it for nearly 20 years now.

1. Road access - pretty poor - all single carriageway for miles before you hit a M-way

2. Lacks any move towards an increased customer base

1. Road access - pretty poor - all single carriageway for miles before you hit a M-way

2. Lacks any move towards an increased customer base

Come on - don't you know that Derker is a seething hotbed of wannabe Latics fans?!? :lol:

I have spent ages trawling over google earth and never really found anything to match the Failsworth site apart from BP.

If we forget about the crazy requirement for multiple footy pitches that will never in a month of Sundays financially support a professional footy team, we don't need a site the same size as BP or Failsworth. A smaller site will do fine for a stadium + indoor leisure facilities instead,for eg Alexandra Business Park.

Edited by laticsrblue

If we forget about the crazy requirement for multiple footy pitches that will never in a month of Sundays financially support a professional footy team, we don't need a site the same size as BP or Failsworth. A smaller site will do fine for a stadium + indoor leisure facilities instead,for eg Alexandra Business Park.

broadway where the old radcliff school used to be,quite a decent sized piece of land

The multiple pitches are not intended to support the Club, they are the community sports facilities for the benefit of Failsworth. We await to see what will be included in the development to sustain the poorly supported Club.

broadway where the old radcliff school used to be,quite a decent sized piece of land

From the Forum on 10th August:

Q's: Is this the only site available, is there nothing in Shaw or closer to the town centre?

A's: SC stated that the Fernyfield's site had been talk about, it was always preferred to stay at BP but because of situations beyond OAFC's control they could not. SC invited anyone that knew of any other area to come forward

Email the club with these and any other land suggestions, although IIRC someone did this the other week and posted AH's repky.

The multiple pitches are not intended to support the Club, they are the community sports facilities for the benefit of Failsworth. We await to see what will be included in the development to sustain the poorly supported Club.

:blink:

I thought the idea was to rent them out... So who takes the profit ? Who owns the pitches?

:blink:

I thought the idea was to rent them out... So who takes the profit ? Who owns the pitches?

The Club would own the pitches and rent them out, but my point was that it is not intended that pitch rental income will support the Club, but the pitches are part of the community sports facilities element of the development, to compensate for the loss of the existing facilities owned by British Aerospace.

The elements which will support the Club from the point of making up for lost turnstile revenue are what we're all waiting to see when the plans are produced.

The Club would own the pitches and rent them out, but my point was that it is not intended that pitch rental income will support the Club, but the pitches are part of the community sports facilities element of the development, to compensate for the loss of the existing facilities owned by British Aerospace.

The elements which will support the Club from the point of making up for lost turnstile revenue are what we're all waiting to see when the plans are produced.

Just when the plans were released it sounded pretty much like this is what we are planning on building and that is that. Did you read it differently ? I would be surprised to suddenly find a much bulked up plan.

Just when the plans were released it sounded pretty much like this is what we are planning on building and that is that. Did you read it differently ? I would be surprised to suddenly find a much bulked up plan.

It would have taken me much longer to reach the 12,000 posts milestone if I didn’t have to keep repeating myself.

In the interest of continuing to rectify misconceptions, I repeat that the joint Council/Club statement of 22nd July, which is on the Council’s web site and which I posted in full the other day, said:

The new vision is for the Broadway site to become home to a futuristic new stadium plus community sports facilities, such as football pitches, and corporate/leisure developments.

It gives us an opportunity to provide a facility that will create new revenue streams to make the club financially viable and self-sustaining, whilst also giving supporters a superior matchday experience.

We await patiently the plans to see how this is to be achieved from “corporate/leisure developments“.

It would have taken me much longer to reach the 12,000 posts milestone if I didn’t have to keep repeating myself.

You would be even higher if you spent as much time tackling all the false positive expectations regarding the development as well :)

In the interest of continuing to rectify misconceptions, I repeat that the joint Council/Club statement of 22nd July, which is on the Council’s web site and which I posted in full the other day, said:

The new vision is for the Broadway site to become home to a futuristic new stadium plus community sports facilities, such as football pitches, and corporate/leisure developments.

It gives us an opportunity to provide a facility that will create new revenue streams to make the club financially viable and self-sustaining, whilst also giving supporters a superior matchday experience.

Was there not another article that went into more detail ?

We await patiently the plans to see how this is to be achieved from “corporate/leisure developments“.

Me as well...

Edited by oafc0000

You would be even higher if you spent as much time tackling all the false positive expectations regarding the development as well :)

"Positive" is another of my middle names, when it's based on what's been reported in black and white, rather than someone's imagination/speculation.

Was there not another article that went into more detail ?

Not that I can think of.

Me as well...

Let's both stop worrying in the meantime then.

Does Ed ever think before opening his mouth.....Radclyffe will become a new Catholic school, has he not seen the sign board saying "Coming Soon....."

And as for the Alexandra Retail Park.... :petesake:

pardon????

considering i dont pass that area of chadderton on a daily indeed a weekly basis why on earth would i have seen a big sign saying coming soon???