Opinion on current state of this football club!

Weren't you the one having a pop at me last week...

I was having a pop at you for not shelling money out on Latics yet you have oppinions on everyone and everything. I have a season ticket and have had for many years that means I am entitled to my opinion as I am a paying supporter!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in the time it has taken too realise it was an unwise investment...

Is it really a matter of money though?

Coming in from Warrington you must spend a fair bit on transport (like I do) and it was never a wise investment. So the investment side of things becomes strangely irrelevent. It's not wanting to go. As i said above, I can't blame you for that at all. You are one that WILL vote with their feet.

Being honest, I'm probably missing games i would have gone to previously (this weekend a perfect example), so am not too far off yourself.

I think personally, those that do turn up every week do have a standing with the club that i don't have. They put more money in and deserve it for that.

We have had the inevitable loss of the glory seeking fans who only turn up when the going is good. Unfortunately we now have serious die hards,long standing season ticket holders and travelling away fans questioning why they should attend. As much as we would like to smile and happy clap we cannot escape the fact that the match experience at BP is dire and has been for the last season. Brighton made more chances in the first half at Southampton yesterday than I have seen latics create at BP in the the last 3 matches at least. The type of football makes each match seem like Groudhog Day, apart from Milton Keynes they all blurr into one big bore.

The ground move to Failsworth is another major irritant to many.

Yes Keep The Faith, but lets hope it doesn't turn into Blind Faith, there are too few willing to Keep that.

I'm not having a go at you, but I just want to say it comes down to the simple choice we have, if we don't keep the faith (or indeed blind faith) then there will be no Oldham Athletic. And I ask the question to everyone, is that what we want? Because if it is, we make the choice to all pack it up and the club will disappear. No income through the turnstiles = No Club.

Edited by ghostofcecere

I'm not having a go at you, but I just want to say it comes down to the simple choice we have, if we don't keep the faith (or indeed blind faith) then there will be no Oldham Athletic. And I ask the question to everyone, is that what we want? Because if it is, we make the choice to all pack it up and the club will disappear. No income through the turnstiles = No Club.

Its not about having a go at me, I will be there on Saturday, away at Walsall at Norwich etcc........... The facts are that enough die hards are weakening in their support, to cause grave concern that the fan base is eroding. I just hope that we can look back on the sacking of Shez, the demolition of the Lookers and the move to Failsworth as master strokes.

Its not about having a go at me, I will be there on Saturday, away at Walsall at Norwich etcc........... The facts are that enough die hards are weakening in their support, to cause grave concern that the fan base is eroding. I just hope that we can look back on the sacking of Shez, the demolition of the Lookers and the move to Failsworth as master strokes.

That's what I mean't when I said I wasn't having a go at you (as I don't know whether you still go or not) it was aimed at the people voting with their feet.

I would add the loaning out of Lee Hughes to your list too. Big mistake in my opinion.

Edited by ghostofcecere

I was having a pop at you for not shelling money out on Latics yet you have oppinions on everyone and everything. I have a season ticket and have had for many years that means I am entitled to my opinion as I am a paying supporter!

I'll get to two home games MAXIMUM this season. Am I not entitled to an opinion?

Ah right... So only paying customer should get a say... So if I donated a couple of hundred to the club that would buy me an opinion ? Cash for questions as they say...

Is it really a matter of money though?

Coming in from Warrington you must spend a fair bit on transport (like I do) and it was never a wise investment. So the investment side of things becomes strangely irrelevent. It's not wanting to go. As i said above, I can't blame you for that at all. You are one that WILL vote with their feet.

Being honest, I'm probably missing games i would have gone to previously (this weekend a perfect example), so am not too far off yourself.

I think personally, those that do turn up every week do have a standing with the club that i don't have. They put more money in and deserve it for that.

Its nothing to do with money... You are right... I can afford to go, its not that which is stopping me...

Edited by oafc0000

... and I would add the loaning out of Lee Hughes to that list too. Big mistake in my opinion.

As much as he was a tosser, Penney would have got the best out of him imo by not standing for any of his :censored:. Instead we allowed (with hindsight) a caretaker manager to obliterate the playing staff whilst still only managing to win 1 game in 9 and not improving any part of the team. Sacking Sheridan was a mistake, he should have been assessed (Like I said at the time) at the end of the season.

Instead in the space of 8 months we've gone back 10 years imo, to the situation we were in under Ritchie. Difference is everyone was together, now the club and it's fans have a fractured relationship that may be irreparable...only time will tell. But me personally? I'm not even excited by winning games anymore. It used to mean the world to me. My passion for the club began to die in early 2005, there's been peaks and troughs but each trough gets more difficult to climb out of...

Yes, an opinion that matters more.

Why would an opinion of a non-customer be as relevant?

This is the crux... But I would say that opinion matters when your down to less than 4,000 people coming for a game...

Unless no on is interested in why people are leaving the flock... and if your not interested then I would say its probably best to let it die sooner rather than later and let people move on...

If some people want the status of a die hard, they can have it... Status means feck all to me... Some people want the recognition though..

Edited by oafc0000

This is the crux... But I would say that opinion matters when your down to less than 4,000 people coming for a game...

Unless no on is interested in why people are leaving the flock... and if your not interested then I would say its probably best to let it die sooner rather than later and let people move on...

If some people want the status of a die hard, they can have it... Status means feck all to me... Some people want the recognition though..

Not saying it is unimportant, but you want to keep your current customers and see what is keeping them there. Why people have gone is pretty simple in most scenarios.

Anyone that shows up to Oldham home and away at the moment is a modern day hero.

Not saying it is unimportant, but you want to keep your current customers and see what is keeping them there. Why people have gone is pretty simple in most scenarios.

Anyone that shows up to Oldham home and away at the moment is a modern day hero.

Ah well... I take my hat off to them...

I will still be giving my opinion.... Valuable or not :)

It doesn't matter how many stands we have, where the new stadium is going to be built, the sacking of Shez or the loaning out of Lee Hughes, the fact is that if we were top of the table or near the top of the table with some half decent footballers instead of a team full of cast offs and one ageing injured over the hill striker, people would be willing to come and support the team, as it is we have a team that can defend but don't know how to score goals and in football its quite a big part of actually winning games!!!

Why didn't we try to sign a couple more strikers in the summer instead of signing half a dozen midfielders, none of them in the mould of Ritchie Wellens or Neil Kilkenny (and I never thought that I would say that about kilkenny) the loaning out of fleming hasn't been great either but that subject has been well documented on here.

Also why loan out O Grady, and Stephens? they haven't had a chance since Shez brough them in, Lee, Brooke and Allesandra deserve a chance to shine as well, has everyone forgotten the hat trick Allesandra scored against Scunthorpe, and what happened in the next game? He got dropped!

Its worse than supporting Harchester United at times supporting Oldham

I will still be giving my opinion.... Valuable or not :)

Fair enough. If you are going to come back to BP/FW then your opinions is valuable. Especially if you put forward the deserting reasons or what will bring you back. These may help in the future. If you aren't then, frankly they ain't worth :censored:.

As I sai, I'm not a regular, but a turnupper. I'll see about ten home games. Not great, but I believe those that show up all the time have a bigger say than me. In fact, I love every last one of them.

Fair enough. If you are going to come back to BP/FW then your opinions is valuable. Especially if you put forward the deserting reasons or what will bring you back. These may help in the future. If you aren't then, frankly they ain't worth :censored:.

I have written many times why I have stopped coming...

I will probably be back once the new stadium is built and TTA have left...maybe sooner if the bug returns... I have never said I would never come back...

It doesn't matter how many stands we have, where the new stadium is going to be built, the sacking of Shez or the loaning out of Lee Hughes, the fact is that if we were top of the table or near the top of the table with some half decent footballers instead of a team full of cast offs and one ageing injured over the hill striker, people would be willing to come and support the team, as it is we have a team that can defend but don't know how to score goals and in football its quite a big part of actually winning games!!!

Why didn't we try to sign a couple more strikers in the summer instead of signing half a dozen midfielders, none of them in the mould of Ritchie Wellens or Neil Kilkenny (and I never thought that I would say that about kilkenny) the loaning out of fleming hasn't been great either but that subject has been well documented on here.

Also why loan out O Grady, and Stephens? they haven't had a chance since Shez brough them in, Lee, Brooke and Allesandra deserve a chance to shine as well, has everyone forgotten the hat trick Allesandra scored against Scunthorpe, and what happened in the next game? He got dropped!

Its worse than supporting Harchester United at times supporting Oldham

Where did this lad come from? Even if I don't agree with him (O'Grady), he's brilliantly right all the time.

Edit: I'm even starting to think the village idiot is right and that O'Grady is brilliant.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I have written many times why I have stopped coming...

I will probably be back once the new stadium is built and TTA have left...maybe sooner if the bug returns... I have never said I would never come back...

...and that is fair enough. But a season ticket holders opinion is worth more. It just is.

...and that is fair enough. But a season ticket holders opinion is worth more. It just is.

Maybe on the team or something that can only be judge in person... Otherwise an opinion is just an opinion....

aka on the job TTA are doing for example... You might be more interested in someone else opinion... but the concept of "worth" I dont get...

Edited by oafc0000

They watch the games so have thew ability to see that.

They put money into the club and do have more of a vested interest in it.

As I've said before I am a long way from a full attender, but what use is a person throwing a view of something they neither watch or put into in comparison?

Not much (not useless, but very little).

Where did this lad come from? Even if I don't agree with him (O'Grady), he's brilliantly right all the time.

Edit: I'm even starting to think the village idiot is right and that O'Grady is brilliant.

Hi OldhamSheridan

I have always been here, I just tend to read most of the time, but I'm past the point of caring anymore, its quite clear that nobody on OWTB can agree with each other about whats best for the club and what should be done with it.

I do agree with you about O Grady though, but Shez must have seen something in him, he might have been watching him after 1 or 12 pints, we will never know!

They watch the games so have thew ability to see that.

They put money into the club and do have more of a vested interest in it.

As I've said before I am a long way from a full attender, but what use is a person throwing a view of something they neither watch or put into in comparison?

Not much (not useless, but very little).

That is probably why I never comment on something I have not seen... Aka the games...

I comment on the performance of the TTA and whats going wrong at the club to make me go... Which I feel I can... I also comment on the future plans...

If you think my opinion is not worth as much, thats fine, your entitled to your opinion, but I do not think you have made a reasonable argument why that is actually true...