Opinion on current state of this football club!

oafc0000 lives in Oldham or if not thats what it says on his profile. I have got very strong veiws on so called Latics fans who live in the town who choose not to attend!

Wrong... and the profile says where I am from not where I live... Reading not your strong point :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cant get food
  • cant get drinks
  • no atmosphere
  • windy, cold three sided :censored: whole
  • opinion no longer matters
  • decision to sack shez
  • decision to sack Moores
  • decision to drop the lookers
  • general running of the club
  • attitude of the fans
  • more important things happening in my life (baby girl on the way)
  • move out of Oldham... Harder to make games
  • TTA stopped giving a :censored: what I think...
  • Money not that important but when you consider everything above + still stuck in this league its dam expensive...

There you go... Acouple to chew over...

It is not as important as it used to be... If it was I would still be going probably...

I still care about the club...

In all honesty we are probably not too different! I'm getting that way that I feel like I cant be bothered. You sometimes feel like you cant keep getting up after the next smack in the mouth and supporting Latics has its fair amount of smacks in the mouth!

Just frustrates me when I see the crowds dwindle away, but I do understand why. A few of my mates refuse to go now because they have to pay £11 for their kids in the main stand when away fans pay £3 for theirs.

Had it out with Alan Hardy and he just laughed and said "why not come and run the club if you can do better"!

So fair play................. I suppose we all have our reasons!

[*] decision to sack Moores

There you go... Acouple to chew over...

I don't agree with this one - Moore historically had a reputation for playing bad football, and so it proved at Latics, so it was no wonder the crowds started falling.

At least Penny has a history of playing decent football and maybe deserves a bit longer to get it right?

I don't agree with this one - Moore historically had a reputation for playing bad football, and so it proved at Latics, so it was no wonder the crowds started falling.

I found it dishonourable for us to give him a contract, let him save us from relegation to go on to finish in the top half to then sack him... If it was "bad" football under Roonie what the hell was it under Talbot ?

Some of our "die hards" (and yes I mean some of them on here attacking me) decided to not buy season tickets and "force" the hand of the club. I still think the TTA should of grown a set and stuck with their man...

At least Penny has a history of playing decent football and maybe deserves a bit longer to get it right?

All mangers should be given time...

Edited by oafc0000

ive never known this club 2 be as bad as it is at the moment,everything about it on and off the field is the pits,i am a current st holder and hav bin for the last 15 years but enough is enough,in the last 3 years the amount of times i hav left the ground with 30mins,20mins left is unreal,and like someones posted if we carry on the way we are doing the hardcore st aint going to renew,this striker situation isnt helping, dp and the tta get your heads out of your asses sign or loan a striker and lets play some attackin football,what we wer all used to at boundary park.....

When TTA came to this club we were on the brink of liquidation, another few weeks and the club would have been no more FACT!!

It didn't matter to the fans who threw the money in as the situation had become critical, anyone, anywhere, just let's be having some investment!!

We exited administration, had salvation Sunday and a thumping win against Grimsby in front of a capacity non paying 13,000+ crowd and more fans outside, having to be turned away!!! It was brilliant, packed out, a fantastic atmosphere, loads of goals, just about everything you would want in a game of football.

What has happened since then has been nothing short of a disaster and you know why....because TTA have absolutely no idea at all in how to run a football club!!! They have stumbled along with one bad appointment after another and absolutely everything on and off the field has suffered as a result.

They should have appointed a couple of experienced people in the key areas, people who knew the game inside out, maybe a Joe Royle or a Jim Smith, but, they decided to go it alone in a business they knew absolutely nothing at all about and, as a result, the club is now well and truly dying on it's feet. I know we have no alternatives, and just have to go along with this new development plan, but I'm convinced TTA want out by any means available and as soon as possible and is the main reason we are heading for a lower league stadium that half the fans don't want and in what is basically a suburb of Manchester.

A club is nothing without it's fanbase and ours is dwindling away month on month. I am sick to death of journeymen footballers, pointless loanees, and a string of managers who have quite frankly produced absolutely nothing of note on the football field!!! Baring one or two, the players we have here now have absolutely no affinity to us whatsoever and it has been as though I'm watching someone else's team!!!

For me, It is questionable whether we can survive another 10 years as a proffesional football club, especially in this division, or lower, even in a shiny new stadium. We have lost so many fans during TTA,s tenure, diehards who went week after week, home and away, and I'm not sure that we will ever get them back.

When the players came out of the tunnel I used to get goosebumps at the back of my neck, I used to plan our family holidays around the fixtures, we had season tickets for the best part of 25years.

Now it's all gone, there's no enjoyment anymore, going to the match is an effort...and more worryingly, you know what is the worst part.....I don't really care!

Anybody else feel the same!!!

When TTA came to this club we were on the brink of liquidation, another few weeks and the club would have been no more FACT!!

It didn't matter to the fans who threw the money in as the situation had become critical, anyone, anywhere, just let's be having some investment!!

We exited administration, had salvation Sunday and a thumping win against Grimsby in front of a capacity non paying 13,000+ crowd and more fans outside, having to be turned away!!! It was brilliant, packed out, a fantastic atmosphere, loads of goals, just about everything you would want in a game of football.

What has happened since then has been nothing short of a disaster and you know why....because TTA have absolutely no idea at all in how to run a football club!!! They have stumbled along with one bad appointment after another and absolutely everything on and off the field has suffered as a result.

They should have appointed a couple of experienced people in the key areas, people who knew the game inside out, maybe a Joe Royle or a Jim Smith, but, they decided to go it alone in a business they knew absolutely nothing at all about and, as a result, the club is now well and truly dying on it's feet. I know we have no alternatives, and just have to go along with this new development plan, but I'm convinced TTA want out by any means available and as soon as possible and is the main reason we are heading for a lower league stadium that half the fans don't want and in what is basically a suburb of Manchester.

A club is nothing without it's fanbase and ours is dwindling away month on month. I am sick to death of journeymen footballers, pointless loanees, and a string of managers who have quite frankly produced absolutely nothing of note on the football field!!! Baring one or two, the players we have here now have absolutely no affinity to us whatsoever and it has been as though I'm watching someone else's team!!!

For me, It is questionable whether we can survive another 10 years as a proffesional football club, especially in this division, or lower, even in a shiny new stadium. We have lost so many fans during TTA,s tenure, diehards who went week after week, home and away, and I'm not sure that we will ever get them back.

When the players came out of the tunnel I used to get goosebumps at the back of my neck, I used to plan our family holidays around the fixtures, we had season tickets for the best part of 25years.

Now it's all gone, there's no enjoyment anymore, going to the match is an effort...and more worryingly, you know what is the worst part.....I don't really care!

I would say its got more to do with when they choose to sack managers rather than the ones they appointed. Ok Talbot was awful... But Moore saved us from relegation and then pushed for the play offs before falling away... Shez was sacked with 9 games to go which was a joke...

The rest is pretty much spot on...

Absolutely spot on.

Looking back over TTA's time at Latics, there is one event that was perhaps much more important than we realised at the time, and has had a detrimental effect on the club since.

When TTA took over, they appointed Barry Chaytow as (I think?!) Chairman. He was meant to be the experienced hand, who knows the football club boardroom inside out, who would help guide TTA through a world they freely admitted they knew little of.

Instead of doing that Chaytow spent his time at the club trying - and failing - to put together the finance to take over. When TTA discovered what he was up to, and when challenged he was unable to raise the funds, there was only one possible outcome.

So it's doubtful what benefit TTA got from Chaytow's expertise while he was at the club, but it's more certain still that they have missed that expertise since his departure.

Looking back over TTA's time at Latics, there is one event that was perhaps much more important than we realised at the time, and has had a detrimental effect on the club since.

When TTA took over, they appointed Barry Chaytow as (I think?!) Chairman. He was meant to be the experienced hand, who knows the football club boardroom inside out, who would help guide TTA through a world they freely admitted they knew little of.

Instead of doing that Chaytow spent his time at the club trying - and failing - to put together the finance to take over. When TTA discovered what he was up to, and when challenged he was unable to raise the funds, there was only one possible outcome.

So it's doubtful what benefit TTA got from Chaytow's expertise while he was at the club, but it's more certain still that they have missed that expertise since his departure.

Yeah that is a good and forgotten point...

Yeah that is a good and forgotten point...

I can't believe that each party didn't demand the other make its intentions absolutely clear right from the beginning.

On the wider point, I would have maintained, at the time of the march to reverse the council's decision on the BP redevelopment, that TTA's tenure had been an unequivocally good thing for the club, despite obvious failings on the football side. It's taken the Failsworth fiasco (and we shouldn't forget what led up to it, with claims that the BP redevelopment is still on course, followed by announcements of a new ground to be shared with 'another local club,' and then the announcement of Failsworth, all in a short space of time and without pause for breath) to bring into focus what the absolute failure to make progress both on and off the field over the past five years means to the future of the club. It's been nothing short of a disaster.

They have been able to rely on Alan Hardy though, he has plenty of experience of running a club, especially ours.

I agree with the vast majority of your post and you make some excellent points.

Although I personally still do care, very much and if I ever really do stop caring, I will simply just stop going and end a lifetime of supporting the club.

I agree with the vast majority of your post and you make some excellent points.

Although I personally still do care, very much and if I ever really do stop caring, I will simply just stop going and end a lifetime of supporting the club.

That's how I feel-if the time ever comes when I feel I can take no more Latics, I'll never watch another football match.

I've got a season ticket but I'm seriously deliberating about Saturday....

Jeez wept. Just tallied it up and I've only been to 6 out of 10 home games this season and 0 out of 9 away. Make it 6 out of 11 on Saturday. And yes I do want a medal. I'll pawn it in and spend it on my weekends.

Not proud of the fact but on the other hand not @rsed in the slightest.

The club and the ground are stale. The team is equally uninspiring. I was looking forward to the Penney era. That optimism drained out of me after about 180 minutes of 'football' when it became clear that we'd be losing a fighting battle due to the stubborness of the management when it came to certain inferior players being mandatory starters. When one is your keeper then why the fook should I shell out my hard earned to watch points slip through his fingers week in week out?

Anyway this isn't about one player. He's gash and he can't help it. It's about years and years and years of false dawns and absolute to$$ on the pitch that has finally taken its toll.

Simply don't care anymore. The enjoyment went with the last brick of the Lookers. At least we were having fun being cr@p then.

E4e

STALE