3402 Home fans For a league fixture at BP.

This started as a decent topic before all the "lets meet up, you're not a real Latics fan" playground rubbish.

I think that the OP was right. The attendance (of which I was one and my son was another) was extreemly poor. Why aren't people going? Probably for a few reasons. Money is tight, run up to Christmas, bad weather, swine flu, poor recent performances, no goals in last 3 games, don't like the stands they now have to sit in, don't trust the owners, don't support Failsworth......there are a multitude of reasons.

What is clear however, that something has changed in recent months. Many regulars just can't be arsed going anymore. I personally think that the heart and soul was ripped out of the club when the Lookers stand was torn down (in my view prematurely). It leaves many people disconcerted with how valued they are by he club, add to this, the fact that no-one was consulted about moving away from the BP site into Failsworth, and I think may people have decided that they have enough reasons now to spend (low cost, high value way to spend your time and not money).

I am also considering just doing away matches in the future. Its a much better craic and you feel much more appreciated.

People can talk economics and justify the life out of the reasons why you should go to the game and why you should support a move away from the BP site, but football is about PASSION, not just MONEY and if people dont like going to the match, they wont bloody well go.

........end of ramble.......

Swine Flu?! Do people actually stay in/away from crowds because they are scared of catching swine flu?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swine Flu?! Do people actually stay in/away from crowds because they are scared of catching swine flu?

I could have listed....

had to go food shopping, have a gammy leg and don't want to get it cold, were on a promise off the wife on Saturday afternoon, needed to get a hair cut, lost their house keys, wanted to update their Facebook profile....

All the reasons historically wouldn't have stopped people going, but as the matchday experience is far from what it was, it is taking people increasingly less reasons to not go.

For me the heart and sole was ripped out of the club and ground when they demolished the Lookers.

I could have listed....

had to go food shopping, have a gammy leg and don't want to get it cold, were on a promise off the wife on Saturday afternoon, needed to get a hair cut, lost their house keys, wanted to update their Facebook profile....

All the reasons historically wouldn't have stopped people going, but as the matchday experience is far from what it was, it is taking people increasingly less reasons to not go.

For me the heart and sole was ripped out of the club and ground when they demolished the Lookers.

No excuse! You can do that from inside the ground on your phone as we both know :wink: