Micah Richards Transfer Saga Part 83

BBC Sport Rumours Column

Manchester United are set to make a surprise move for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, if the Eastlands outfit decide to offload the player as a result of his inconsistent form.

Full story: Daily Mirror

I know this has rumbled on, it is only the Mirror, and uspect it is actually Part 873, but there is so much talk I am sure he will go soon.

Lets hop it is for big bucks.

Given Chelsea's form, maybe they are not so desperate.

BBC Sport Rumours Column

Manchester United are set to make a surprise move for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, if the Eastlands outfit decide to offload the player as a result of his inconsistent form.

Full story: Daily Mirror

I just can't see this happening, reason being next season each team has to have 5 English players in the starting lineup, don't you think H*g*es will keep him for squad rotation, its a possibility.

Edited by tangerinedreams

But Hughes may be going before the transfer window opens.

Which speculative rag did you read that in? :grin:

I guess it's possible, given City's relatively indifferent run. Far too many draws. But I seriously doubt it.

Having said that, I'd love it to be true, cos it'd be the perfect sign that even with untold wealth, City are going to continue to screw it up and never win anything. :lol:

I don't really see why people are that bothered anyway as its not like we will get a penny of the potential micah money to spend on players is it?

While we owe £3 million+ back to the TTA and they continue to put in something like £450k to £650k a year I would of thought the money would be swallowed up straight away. So no, I do not think we will see an increase in player spend. To say it is unlikely to be spent on players is not totally true though. It will go towards maintaining the status quo.

Even if it goes on payback of past investments, that is a good thing. Never a good idea to have too much debt.

I know some won't agree on the word investments, but we have been spending money that is not ours.

It's that simple.

Edited by singe

While we owe £3 million+ back to the TTA and they continue to put in something like £450k to £650k a year I would of thought the money would be swallowed up straight away. So no, I do not think we will see an increase in player spend. To say it is unlikely to be spent on players is not totally true though. It will go towards maintaining the status quo.

or spend it on another colbeck?