Penney will succeed where Stitch, Talbot and near liquidation failed

make no bones about it people we're deep in the mire. Battling for 20 minutes is not enough to get points on the board. Passing backwards for 90 minutes will not create chances - another 90 odd minutes when the opposing keeper hasn't had a save to make. Not ONE effort on target. The midfield is letting us down week after week, Whitaker's too lightweight and is just not good enough and Furman has been pretty poor (Mongs apart) all season, the safe option every time sees the move break down or at least slow down. The effort is there - one or two apart but we'd rattled Leeds early doors but simply were not good enough to create anything.

15 minutes into the second half it should have been :censored: or bust from Penney instead he was his usual conservative self and we limped to yet another nil defeat. I appreciate it was Leeds but it has been the same all season.

This team, even with Pav and Taylor in it is going down!

Nothing to feel positive about tonight - ok perhaps a decent performance from Flav, :censored: looked ok at centre-back and was possibly my MOM, and Black played well. Heff looked like IF he gets anything like service he may bag one or two. But the midfield like in 93/94 will see us relegated. I hope Penney wakes up before it's too late. Worthy's not the answer, we need someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck - Any suggestions?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make no bones about it people we're deep in the mire. Battling for 20 minutes is not enough to get points on the board. Passing backwards for 90 minutes will not create chances - another 90 odd minutes when the opposing keeper hasn't had a save to make. Not ONE effort on target. The midfield is letting us down week after week, Whitaker's too lightweight and is just not good enough and Furman has been pretty poor (Mongs apart) all season, the safe option every time sees the move break down or at least slow down. The effort is there - one or two apart but we'd rattled Leeds early doors but simply were not good enough to create anything.

15 minutes into the second half it should have been :censored: or bust from Penney instead he was his usual conservative self and we limped to yet another nil defeat. I appreciate it was Leeds but it has been the same all season.

This team, even with Pav and Taylor in it is going down!

Nothing to feel positive about tonight - ok perhaps a decent performance from Flav, :censored: looked ok at centre-back and was possibly my MOM, and Black played well. Heff looked like IF he gets anything like service he may bag one or two. But the midfield like in 93/94 will see us relegated. I hope Penney wakes up before it's too late. Worthy's not the answer, we need someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck - Any suggestions?

Plenty.

Sadly I doubt we could cough up the £150million + £320,000 a week we'd need to sign Iniesta and Xavi.

Plenty.

Sadly I doubt we could cough up the £150million + £320,000 a week we'd need to sign Iniesta and Xavi.

License to coach the midfielders we have at the club to pass forward or perhaps pass the halfway line occasionally would be a start. The soul-destroying moment of the game was Latics attempting to break forward with Whitaker skulking about on his own 18 yard line I mean how the hell are we expected to score goals with players encouraged to be so negative? :ranting:

First game since Hudds and we're as bad as I remember. To be honest it's one of the worst Latics teams I've seen in 20 odd years.

We've absolutely nothing going for us. Nowt.

E4e

STALE

Even Dowie's liquidation team scored goals and plenty of them. TTA and Penney's exit sytrategy team are plain feckin' tedious!

First game since Hudds and we're as bad as I remember. To be honest it's one of the worst Latics teams I've seen in 20 odd years.

E4e

STALE

spooky..about the same conversation takemeanywhere and myself had at game v colchester.

nothings happening anymore...and what is happening isn't right.

E4e

STALE

or as bad as we were last time we played a team 10 points clear?

Am i missing the point of the title of this thread??Or is at as simple as Penney will succeed in takin us down??

Basically, that we're not in false position and relegation is a real threat. A big reason for our predicament our Penney's dog-:censored: tactics which are as bad as anything I have seen. In fact we're looking the most toothless I have ever seen. This is my 24th season, I've seen two relegations and several near misses. This lot are going down.

Basically, that we're not in false position and relegation is a real threat. A big reason for our predicament our Penney's dog-:censored: tactics which are as bad as anything I have seen. In fact we're looking the most toothless I have ever seen. This is my 24th season, I've seen two relegations and several near misses. This lot are going down.

I really do not think the club could come back from another relegation...

Couldn't agree more.

As soon as we conceed it's game over.

We surrendered the midfield to them as soon as we kicked off. We played too deep, gave them too much room and too much respect. It was Leeds Utd out there tonight, not f*cking Man Utd. Anytime Leeds got the ball, Furman and Whittaker just dropped back 20 yards and sat just in front of the back four, beckoning them on.

If we're going to avoid relegation this year, and on our current form it won't be easy, we need to have a clear out in January. Whits can f*ck off, as can Lomax. Smalley needs to be dropped and we still need a centre half.

Of course, none of this will happen, and we'll just carry on grinding out 0-2 home defeats.

I've NEVER felt this despondent as a Latics fan. If we were a horse, we'd be shot.......................

Couldn't agree more.

As soon as we conceed it's game over.

We surrendered the midfield to them as soon as we kicked off. We played too deep, gave them too much room and too much respect. It was Leeds Utd out there tonight, not f*cking Man Utd. Anytime Leeds got the ball, Furman and Whittaker just dropped back 20 yards and sat just in front of the back four, beckoning them on.

If we're going to avoid relegation this year, and on our current form it won't be easy, we need to have a clear out in January. Whits can f*ck off, as can Lomax. Smalley needs to be dropped and we still need a centre half.

Of course, none of this will happen, and we'll just carry on grinding out 0-2 home defeats.

I've NEVER felt this despondent as a Latics fan. If we were a horse, we'd be shot.......................

theres always the oh so wonderful loan system to use and abuse.

its so popular we now have 2 revolving doors at latics.