Andy Ritchie

One thing is crystal clear....something needs to happen, and fast!!!!

6 months is nowhere near long enough for a new manager, he needs a season and a half at least, but the harsh reality is that the tactics we're employing at the moment is what's driving people away.

I would like a repeat of the second half against Colchester which is the only time we have played consistent attacking football all season however to do that Exeter may have to go down to 10 men!!!!!!

Ronnie Moore was sacked for his lack of connection with the fans, his poor style of football, and the diminishing crowds....I can't see much difference between him and Penney in that respect and the results this season are far far worse!!

TTA said in hindsight that they were wrong to sack Moore and for this reason I think Penney's job is safe for now, however, defeats, coupled with poor performances against the so called cannon fodder of this league during the next few weeks may leave them with a major headache during the January window!!

No, though I'd prefer Ronnie to Penney! More experience, more success and he plays better football.

Despite Stitch apparently being unable to make 'tough decisions' he did get Barnsley out of this division. This isn't why I think we should appoint him, it's just my retort to those who say he's a bad manager. The season after his promotion he was sacked for being too loyal to his players rather than buying in new ones, as bizarre as it sounds.

Thats what I meant by not making the tough decisions he was to loyal to those players. I'd support Ritchie ofcourse I would, but imagine if things turned wrong which the way things are currently going they ain't getting better anytime soon I'd hate for people to start turning on him and it souring his relationship and legacy with the fans.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Thats what I meant by not making the tough decisions he was to loyal to those players. I'd support Ritchie ofcourse I would, but imagine if things turned wrong which the way things are currently going they ain't getting better anytime soon I'd hate for people to start turning on him and it souring his relationship and legacy with the fans.

I'd say he took the hard decision as opposed to the easy one. Commendable.

I'd also hate for Stitch to taint his status (incase you hadn't guessed I'm a big fan of his). However, when has Andy Ritchie ever failed us? I suppose if he was happy to risk his status then we'd have to be too.

There's been a few comments suggesting this may be something TTA are actually considering. Let's hope they cut our losses and get the man they ought to have gotten in the first place. Then I'll purchase a half-season ticket. <_<

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I'd also hate for Stitch to taint his status (incase you hadn't guessed I'm a big fan of his). However, when has Andy Ritchie ever failed us? I suppose if he was happy to risk his status then we'd have to be too.

There's been a few comments suggesting this may be something TTA are actually considering. Let's hope they cut our losses and get the man they ought to have gotten in the first place. Then I'll purchase a half-season ticket. <_<

Even if he came and failed he would never lose his legendary status with the fans as a player and the same applied to John Sheridan!

Even if he came and failed he would never lose his legendary status with the fans as a player and the same applied to John Sheridan!

+1

they would put passion back into the club.

this season has been more boring than watching Ronnie Moores hoof Football. at this rate, I will not be shelling out £300 + on a season ticket again next year. Will probably get a week in tenerife instead.

They moved out of town to sheffield to a bigger stadium perhaps we should try this approach :)

I strongly suspect that before long we'll be moving out of town to a smaller stadium, and it won't necessarily be in Failsworth...

Rotherham's stay in Sheffield is recent and temporary. The stadium they're planning back in Rotherham is, apparently, considerably bigger than the one Latics are planning.

Do we have an attacking coach? Maybe a Ritchie coaching role in that could maybe make a difference....

*Prepares for an avalanche of comments saying whats the point when the ball doesnt get to the strikers*

Thats a fairpoint if we could draft in someone as a coach to help the front six keep the ball and work on flair and creativity that might be a shout actually. Although put yourself in penney's position would you want it to be Andy Ritchie the minute it goes wrong and people would be calling for Andy to be manager the minute it goes well it will be all down to Andy coming in and helping us out he couldn't win. I actually think Ritchie would be a very good number 2 to someone the players would like him and he would bring to the table a wealth of football knowledge, just feel it wouldn't be here though as his popularity would undermine whoever was the manager.

Thats a fairpoint if we could draft in someone as a coach to help the front six keep the ball and work on flair and creativity that might be a shout actually. Although put yourself in penney's position would you want it to be Andy Ritchie the minute it goes wrong and people would be calling for Andy to be manager the minute it goes well it will be all down to Andy coming in and helping us out he couldn't win. I actually think Ritchie would be a very good number 2 to someone the players would like him and he would bring to the table a wealth of football knowledge, just feel it wouldn't be here though as his popularity would undermine whoever was the manager.

I suppose so on the undermining the manager, who obviously has his own team of people he trusts.

How about just doing it privately, Ritchie using an alias, goin into training wearing a wig an fake moustache :grin:

Whether you view it as the hard or easy decision it was the wrong decision as it cost him his job as Barnsley struggled. You only have to look down the road to the best ask yourself if Fergie had been overly loyal to some of his players would he have had the same kind of success as he has had. I to hope our club doesn't base its decisions on sentiment and look more objectively at the solving the problems of the club

Ronnie Moore was sacked for his lack of connection with the fans, his poor style of football, and the diminishing crowds....I can't see much difference between him and Penney in that respect and the results this season are far far worse!!

TTA said in hindsight that they were wrong to sack Moore and for this reason I think Penney's job is safe for now, however, defeats, coupled with poor performances against the so called cannon fodder of this league during the next few weeks may leave them with a major headache during the January window!!

they have admitted tonight at the forum moore did ok....it was always down to season ticket sales and they panicked,would like to know how many blamed in on moore for not renewing and how many blamed it on the smoking ban

they have admitted tonight at the forum moore did ok....it was always down to season ticket sales and they panicked,would like to know how many blamed in on moore for not renewing and how many blamed it on the smoking ban

I didn't renew because of Moore....... and for the record I don't smoke so that wasn't a consideration.

It made me laugh when talking about whether or not TTA has appointed bad managers Corney said "Brian Talbot....... I'll give you that one" :lol:

Whether you view it as the hard or easy decision it was the wrong decision as it cost him his job as Barnsley struggled. You only have to look down the road to the best ask yourself if Fergie had been overly loyal to some of his players would he have had the same kind of success as he has had. I to hope our club doesn't base its decisions on sentiment and look more objectively at the solving the problems of the club

Even if it was the wrong decision he still made a tough one, though from a footballing point of view I couldn't say whether it was right or wrong - he was sacked before his decision could be vindicated or not. Besides, somebody on here expanded to tell us that he was actually sacked for refusing a big-name player the chairman had lined up. So is he too nice blah blah blah? Or too principled?

The sentiment would be what instilled the crucial dose of enthusiasm. That's what could contribute to solving the problem.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

• 1 month later...