If Joe Colbeck can play for Oldham so can I!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cause parker is a lazy uninterested muppet. If parker had a bit of fire in him he would be starting everyweek but he doesnt seem arsed most of the time and then yesterday when we really needed to hold the ball in the 2nd half he started trying hollywood back heels - hes a plank

Colbeck actually a decent crossed put in a very good cross in the 1st after taking on goldbourne but he just has nothing else.

cause parker is a lazy uninterested muppet. If parker had a bit of fire in him he would be starting everyweek but he doesnt seem arsed most of the time and then yesterday when we really needed to hold the ball in the 2nd half he started trying hollywood back heels - hes a plank

Spot on.

Parker had one good game against Colchester playing on the right wing ... after their left back had been sent off! Anyone doing the math here?

As has been said (ish)..Colbeck, whilst certainly not setting BP alight yet and unfairly imo has inherited the usual 'short term thinking' boo boy - is still young enough to learn and develop his game, his confidence seems to be improving game on game and whilst he still looks like he is adapting to a division above, he puts in a shift, offers us natural width and if he starts to believe in himself, will begin to get quality balls in. However as some have already noticed with his away performances, he is more likely to do it away from home at the moment - less pressure, whinging etc.

So give the lad a chance, get behind him and i'm sure he'll put the effort in - unlike Parker,whom does look more effective from the bench, for about 10minutes and then he must think he's earned his corn then.

I know which one i'd rather back - and it isn't the 'so far unimpressive journeyman!!'

As has been said (ish)..Colbeck, whilst certainly not setting BP alight yet and unfairly imo has inherited the usual 'short term thinking' boo boy - is still young enough to learn and develop his game, his confidence seems to be improving game on game and whilst he still looks like he is adapting to a division above, he puts in a shift, offers us natural width and if he starts to believe in himself, will begin to get quality balls in. However as some have already noticed with his away performances, he is more likely to do it away from home at the moment - less pressure, whinging etc.

So give the lad a chance, get behind him and i'm sure he'll put the effort in - unlike Parker,whom does look more effective from the bench, for about 10minutes and then he must think he's earned his corn then.

I know which one i'd rather back - and it isn't the 'so far unimpressive journeyman!!'

Yup.

Colbeck and Parker are the only players we have who can put a decent ball into the box. Colbeck was our best player by far at Walsall, and from the reports i've read had a good game at Norwich and Brighton too, i've yet to see him play well at home though.

there lies his problem. he may actually be an average league one player but if he is inconsistent, especially, especially at home then what ise is he to us?

there lies his problem. he may actually be an average league one player but if he is inconsistent, especially, especially at home then what ise is he to us?

How many of our players are not inconsistent though? Gregan (though he was a bit dodgey at times yesterday) and Abbott are the only two really. Colbeck is still young enough to improve though and at the moment who else do we have to play on the wings? And whoever we play out there has no-one to aim for in the box anyway at the moment. When we have a fully fit squad i doubt Colbeck will make the first 11 but until then we don't have many other options. I don't really like him that much myself but he has been getting a lot of stick and most of it as been uncalled for, he has a bit of pace to get past a full back and can pick out a good cross and puts the effort in, you can't really ask much else at this level. Hopefully with a some decent coaching his control and positional sense will improve

Edited by Gemma06

How many of our players are not inconsistent though? Gregan (though he was a bit dodgey at times yesterday) and Abbott are the only two really. Colbeck is still young enough to improve though and at the moment who else do we have to play on the wings? And whoever we play out there has no-one to aim for in the box anyway at the moment. When we have a fully fit squad i doubt Colbeck will make the first 11 but until then we don't have many other options

Id Put Parker On Left Smalley On the Right Blackman And Heffs Up front. Thats just me though.

who would people rather have

Keigan Parker with skill and no interest or

Joe Colbeck with interest and no skill?

I know who you'd rather have......

(for anyone who doesn't know Bowl, he's the one who sits in the RRE with 'Colbeck' on the back on his replica kit).

yeah because he actually has quailty, colbeck dosent.

Without turning this into a Smalley v Collbeck/Parker debate, as they are all very different players and on their day all have something to offer the team - I will say that if Smalley can start to show an ounce of the desire and workrate that Collbeck puts in, there would be no debate about it, as that is what Smalley looks to lack at times.

How many of our players are not inconsistent though? Gregan (though he was a bit dodgey at times yesterday) and Abbott are the only two really. Colbeck is still young enough to improve though and at the moment who else do we have to play on the wings? And whoever we play out there has no-one to aim for in the box anyway at the moment. When we have a fully fit squad i doubt Colbeck will make the first 11 but until then we don't have many other options. I don't really like him that much myself but he has been getting a lot of stick and most of it as been uncalled for, he has a bit of pace to get past a full back and can pick out a good cross and puts the effort in, you can't really ask much else at this level. Hopefully with a some decent coaching his control and positional sense will improve

Back to the "at least he puts the effort in". Sums him up.

Waste of funds. Not good enough.

yeah but smalley can actually beat men and has alot of pace. colbeck seems to run into defenders not around them. i agree about smalley not showing the desire or workrate that colbeck does but the hard cold truth is that smalley is so much better than colbeck as a overall player.

When has he beat a man? When has he put a cross in? He is gash. He put his goal away well yesterday and for the next 10 minutes he put more effort in than he has all season. Why does it take a goal for him to give a :censored:. He's a big lad but I haven't once seen him use his strength to beat a man or win the ball.

When has he beat a man? When has he put a cross in? He is gash. He put his goal away well yesterday and for the next 10 minutes he put more effort in than he has all season. Why does it take a goal for him to give a :censored:. He's a big lad but I haven't once seen him use his strength to beat a man or win the ball.

Look at last season. he was beating men for fun, this season he hasnt been as good but still is alot better than colbeck. Colbeck is a league 2 player and thats it. i still dont understand why we have signed him because he is totally gash. Even the bradford fans where happy to see him go. Smalley carnt be that gash if he is always being linked to a move to a championship club.

Who has linked Smalley with the championship? He'll end up league 2 at best within the next 3 years. He has shown absolutely no development since he started his career. I have seen Colbeck put in better crosses than Smalley has, I agree he weren't worth a fee but that was hardly his fault.