If Joe Colbeck can play for Oldham so can I!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that. He's complete crap and probably ranks as one of the worse players I've seen wear our shirt. The guy has nothing going for him except a short burst of pace.

We've had many, players far worse.

The fans reactions to his mistakes are a joke tbh - be frustrated yes, but booing, jeering the guy - bobbins!

We've had many, players far worse.

The fans reactions to his mistakes are a joke tbh - be frustrated yes, but booing, jeering the guy - bobbins!

He loses the ball time and time again, he can't skin a man, he gets out muscled 100% of the time and he cannot shoot.

I'm very reserved about criticising a player or calling for them to be dropped. I don't think Brill is bad and I think there's more to come from Parker. But Colbeck doesn't have the ability to be a professional footballer.

who would people rather have

Keigan Parker with skill and no interest or

Joe Colbeck with interest and no skill?

Neither!!!

Nothing against Colbeck, cant fault his effort but the lad just isn't good enough for this level and I think penney realises he has dropped a bollock with this signing.

We can hope a young Colbeck will improve. He's fizzed in some great balls the last couple of weeks.

Parker is terrible. He went through again today and just ran into their centre back. Later on in the game he had a chance of putting Heffernan through with a simple pass. He tried to flick it with his heel on the volley ... it went out for a throwing.

We can hope a young Colbeck will improve. He's fizzed in some great balls the last couple of weeks.

Parker is terrible. He went through again today and just ran into their centre back. Later on in the game he had a chance of putting Heffernan through with a simple pass. He tried to flick it with his heel on the volley ... it went out for a throwing.

I'm sure we have better talent in our Youth team. Waste of a signing, like a few games this season. We've looked a better team with him off the pitch.

Good result today, great finish from Smalley. I didnt believe there are worst sides than us after seeing us in recent weeks, but Exeter definitely are one!!

I believe that. He's complete crap and probably ranks as one of the worse players I've seen wear our shirt. The guy has nothing going for him except a short burst of pace.

get your boots on then,then we can slag you off on here.to say he's only got a short burst of pace going for him is a tad unfair.

Parkers 3 or 4 crossess against Colchester were better than anything i have seen Colbeck put in but I agree that he cant finnish a chance off but when he tried the flick we were 2-0 up and just seeing the game out, that is when you try stuff like that.

Colbeck had started improving over recent weeks and was amongst 2 or 3 players who could walk away with any credit in the defeats to Walsall and Norwich, but today he was woeful and in general looks very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet especially when he tries to take a player on. In fairness to the lad though he has proved he can cross a ball but he doesnt produce this often enough in my opinion.

He is still young and i hope this is just a bad start for him and he picks up as the team grows in confidence but he wouldn't be in my starting 11 at Wycombe.

Colbeck and Parker are the only players we have who can put a decent ball into the box. Colbeck was our best player by far at Walsall, and from the reports i've read had a good game at Norwich and Brighton too, i've yet to see him play well at home though.

I'm going to give Colbeck a bit of credit, he serves a decent purpose for the team. He always gave us the option to spread the play wide going forward which not many others in our squad do, he keeps his position well defensively and works very hard for the team and when helping Lomax defensively.

Unfortunately the fact that we supposedly paid £60k for him (source?) and that I've never before seen an attacking winger with worse crossing, dribbling and shooting ability along with his abysmal 1st touch and decision making means that for me he's up there with the worst signings we've made for a long while.

Unfortunately the fact that we supposedly paid £60k for him (source?) and that I've never before seen an attacking winger with worse crossing, dribbling and shooting ability along with his abysmal 1st touch and decision making means that for me he's up there with the worst signings we've made for a long while.

In fact, his crossing isn't that bad. It's everything else he's seemingly :censored:e at. But he does try, can't fault him on that.