Smalley and the rest yesterday

Ok I've been one of his biggest critics, but that was much better fromm Dean yesterday particularly when he was interchanging with the poison dwarf and he looks more of a threat out wide. That's we all ask for - a bit of work-rate and he was rewarded with a cracking strike.

Looks like I'm being proved right about young Dale, he was superb again keeps us ticking over and more importantly looks to pass forward. Even Whitaker was much better but let's not get carried away they were poor and still caused us problems missing a couple of sitters. What did disappoint me and I predicted it was the fact we sat back at 2-0, Exeter were there for the taking but we stuck when we could have 'twisted'.

The crowd? I know it's :censored: at the moment, but that was a disgrace! This town doesn't deserve a football team...

As for the two Yankee girls, read facebook - looks like they've been stalking a certain Latics player after a holiday romance, can't blame Penney for not wanting his team distracted and they could have watched the game like everyone else but they obviously wanted special treatment. If I go and watch State of Origin next Summer will I get special treatment? It was so funny in the White Hart! It was like watching flies round a great big steaming pile of dog poo'!

Edited by oafcprozac

Even Whitaker was much better but let's not get carried away they were poor and still caused us problems missing a couple of sitters.

i thougth whitaker was MotM yesterday. he playined in more of a free role and he was very dangerous and had some very good shots that nearly found the top corner.

i thougth whitaker was MotM yesterday. he playined in more of a free role and he was very dangerous and had some very good shots that nearly found the top corner.

i thought whitts was excellent yesterday..but i still wish he would put a tackle in,and use more awareness of situations..heffernan knows where to run to create something but the rest dont,too many times yesterday things broke down or we ended up going back to keeper because we was devoid of ideas,instead of reading where the ball could go etc

smalley was excellent second half and i think his pace will get him into good positions and :censored: defenders up no end,just wish our keeper was quicker at getting the ball out,dean sprinted a good 60 yards into space expecting the ball only for keeper to wait until he stopped and turned round to put his hand up...

there is plenty to take from the game and i think once taylor is back and abbott we will look totally different

Ok I've been one of his biggest critics, but that was much better fromm Dean yesterday particularly when he was interchanging with the poison dwarf and he looks more of a threat out wide. That's we all ask for - a bit of work-rate and he was rewarded with a cracking strike.

Looks like I'm being proved right about young Dale, he was superb again keeps us ticking over and more importantly looks to pass forward. Even Whitaker was much better but let's not get carried away they were poor and still caused us problems missing a couple of sitters. What did disappoint me and I predicted it was the fact we sat back at 2-0, Exeter were there for the taking but we stuck when we could have 'twisted'.

The crowd? I know it's :censored: at the moment, but that was a disgrace! This town doesn't deserve a football team...

As for the two Yankee girls, read facebook - looks like they've been stalking a certain Latics player after a holiday romance, can't blame Penney for not wanting his team distracted and they could have watched the game like everyone else but they obviously wanted special treatment. If I go and watch State of Origin next Summer will I get special treatment? It was so funny in the White Hart! It was like watching flies round a great big steaming pile of dog poo'!

Not sure about Dale Stephens - looks like he needs some more games to me - looked hesitant and poor on the ball. Furman was way better imho. <_<

I agree Whits was my motm. Anybody else think it strange though that during the first half when he was controlling the game from the left that Penney switches him to the right? I am starting to wonder if our manager thinks tactics are a packet of mints???? :shock:

I agree Whits was my motm. Anybody else think it strange though that during the first half when he was controlling the game from the left that Penney switches him to the right? I am starting to wonder if our manager thinks tactics are a packet of mints???? :shock:

Yeah i thought he had much more of an influence in the first half and was trying to drive the team forward, strange decision to switch him.

Yeah i thought he had much more of an influence in the first half and was trying to drive the team forward, strange decision to switch him.

I think he was switched because he was showing confidence and was getting the better of the defender but golbourne was having the afternoon of his life against colbeck so if he switched a confident whitaker to test golbourne (who i didnt notice afterwards) and let colbeck try against the right back.

colbeck still didnt work so was subbed. i would have done the same. whitaker played with alot of confidence and was shooting and i thought he still played very well on the right

Until Taylor is fit the left is where Whittaker should play. Cracking first half and gives us the chance to put someone who is willing to tackle (:censored:) in the middle. Far more effective out wide even though he not likely to get down the wing and whip in crosses. Best option we have for the left wing in my opinion and get Smalley back out wide.

Until Taylor is fit the left is where Whittaker should play. Cracking first half and gives us the chance to put someone who is willing to tackle (:censored:) in the middle. Far more effective out wide even though he not likely to get down the wing and whip in crosses. Best option we have for the left wing in my opinion and get Smalley back out wide.

whitts and smalley on the wing, brooke and the heff up front.

No surely we should try and keep the best and build the team round them.

Just hope he turns out to be that good

Like i said looked good yesterday I know it was against a power puff attack

Whilst i'm not sure about the 'star player' tag jut yet; i thought JJ looked very solid indeed; at both CB and LB. He was in my top 3 for the MoTM votes, but just missed out.

Think oncehe is 100% fit and has had a run of games; he'll really show what he can do but it was a very promising performance from him (albeit against a very poor side)

Whilst i'm not sure about the 'star player' tag jut yet; i thought JJ looked very solid indeed; at both CB and LB. He was in my top 3 for the MoTM votes, but just missed out.

Think oncehe is 100% fit and has had a run of games; he'll really show what he can do but it was a very promising performance from him (albeit against a very poor side)

Not convinced myself, it just shows how opinions can be polarised - I think he's an average 3rd division defender.