Best Betting Methods

Hello all,

I normally have a couple of bets each weekend in the way of accumalators but its starting to get on my t!ts loosing out due to a 94th minute goal! I'm just wondering if people have a betting method that they find successful such as, put every team down in the 4 leagues as a 1-1 score result and see what comes up...

Hello all,

I normally have a couple of bets each weekend in the way of accumalators but its starting to get on my t!ts loosing out due to a 94th minute goal! I'm just wondering if people have a betting method that they find successful such as, put every team down in the 4 leagues as a 1-1 score result and see what comes up...

If you’re willing to do your research, you can get more joy from the lower leagues as the bookies awareness is not so good. Therefore you have chance of getting better odds from matches. Betfair is not bad for odds as you are betting against fellow punters rather than bookies. You still have to get the outcomes correct though, can’t really help you on that one.

As for draws, I think on average that there are more winners than drawn matches so even though the draw seems a safe bet, its better to restrict the amount of draws you but down.

I do enjoy a bet and up until recently my policy was never to bet on Latics as we are so unpredictable.

However, recently we have become very predictable (we keep losing) I have backed us to lose every game since Charlton until Saturday when I didn't have a bet as I couldn't back us to beat anyone presently, although I didn't fancy us to lose to Exeter (they're worse than us).

In that time we have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 7 and I'm showing a very tidy profit.

Here's a tip: don't nearly soil yourself when you see Wolfsburg at 5/4 against an injury-ravaged Manchester United side with 3 midfielders playing in defence.

<_<

Thankfully, I still made a profit last week due to the collective efforts of Inter, Newcastle, Millwall and Newport County :grin:

I've adopted the philosophy that football betting is a bit of fun that I can just about afford even if I lose every week. As Dave Penney would say: "Anything else is a bonus!"

Here's a tip: don't nearly soil yourself when you see Wolfsburg at 5/4 against an injury-ravaged Manchester United side with 3 midfielders playing in defence.

<_<

Thankfully, I still made a profit last week due to the collective efforts of Inter, Newcastle, Millwall and Newport County :grin:

I've adopted the philosophy that football betting is a bit of fun that I can just about afford even if I lose every week. As Dave Penney would say: "Anything else is a bonus!"

I fell for that one myself, 5/4 was just buying money. <_<

Hello all,

Accas aren't the easy money you think. Most of us get hooked on them by having a bit of a purple patch when we first start....but in reality doing those 7 selections that include Chelsea, Man U, Celtic etc is a mug's game. If you're gonna bet on football then you're better piling a bit more money on a fairly 'certain' double or possibly treble than going for your 6 + selections.

If the truth be told though, I believe boxing and tennis are much safer bets than the football. The thing is though most of us like to think we know a bit about football....

As someone else mentioned, betfair is not bad for odds...if you're good at maths you can make a living out of betting on different outcomes on the same event...well over my head though

I used to make a decent wedge by betting on all outcomes of events.

Tennis was where I bagged the most.

If you timed the bets right (usually in the hours after the bookies issued their prices, before the markets matured) and used different bookies you could guarantee a profit whatever the result.

E.g.

Player A at bookie X = 1/3 ... £300 stake

Player B at bookie Y = 7/2 ... £88.89 stake

Guaranteed return £400 = £11.11 profit whoever wins.

I used www.oddschecker.com to help identify the times to bet.

I made about £8k tax free in my best year, turning over around £1m. Unfortunately most of the 21 bookies I used got wise to me and now restrict my maximum stakes so it's not worth the earache from Mrs o4u!

I used to place bets on cashback credit cards too, but they charge a fee for this now so no longer a good idea!

---

Another theory that I've never tested is the lower leagues in Scotland.

Always bet on the away team, because their players have travelled in an air-condioned coach to a fixture, whereas many of the home players have been working in the morning doing their other job.

Edited by opinions4u

My old man worked with computers in the very early days and likes programming challenges still. He doesn't give a toss about football but years ago fancied seeing if he could predict the pools, obviously not to get 8 score draws but to come in ahead. He worked on it in his own time, refined it, developed it and tested it until he found it worked consistently. Content in his achievement he went and did something else, never having actually put a real penny on it :ohno:

Hello all,

One interesting bet at the moment is the X-Factor vs the rest of the field on Betfair. It was at 6-1 yesterday, now it's 3-1. If you don't have an account with Betfair and you sign up and lose your first bet, they'll refund you stake up to £25.

Get on it, and download Rage Against The Machine while you are at it..... :wink:

Accas aren't the easy money you think. Most of us get hooked on them by having a bit of a purple patch when we first start....but in reality doing those 7 selections that include Chelsea, Man U, Celtic etc is a mug's game. If you're gonna bet on football then you're better piling a bit more money on a fairly 'certain' double or possibly treble than going for your 6 + selections.

If the truth be told though, I believe boxing and tennis are much safer bets than the football. The thing is though most of us like to think we know a bit about football....

As someone else mentioned, betfair is not bad for odds...if you're good at maths you can make a living out of betting on different outcomes on the same event...well over my head though

What he said.

Accy's are a complete mugs game, and any bets over x4 are not a safe bet, no matter which teams you choose. If it's a gimme, the odds are probably not even worth it.

I used to do a 'steady drip' system, quite a few years ago now, which was pretty effective. I never bet on more than a treble; it was mostly doubles and trebles. Picked and chose my fixtures and studied form working up from a £10 base to about £200 in two months. Then I started to lose a bit of interest as well as discipline and after a few painful losses, bet more trebles with slightly higher stakes to claw back losses. This just ended in a bad run of form and I went down to about £40 before I withdrew my profit and left it alone. Had I had more perseverence it'd have been pretty good to continue, but I was spending unhealthy amounts of hours poring over recent form guides and fixtures and my interest wore off after a while.

In sports like tennis and boxing, you cut down the 2/1 factor of losing as there is no draw, so much better sports to bet on. Sadly, my interest in the sports are minimal at best so I don't bother.

About the Scottish lower divisions; a complete minefield. I once lost a chunk on a tip lumping on Partick Thistle to beat a injury-rife Dundee side who included about 8 or 9 kids in their team but somehow managed to scrape to a 0-0 draw. Such is the way of the mostly part-time football there, it makes for a much more unsafe betting. Teams all travelling in air-con coaches? They're as likely to spend 6 hours in a W-reg minibus on B-roads.

Never ged greedy though, and reign that confidence in after a couple of wins. Same with a couple of bad losses; I know it's an old cliche, but don't go chasing losses. Just know when to knock something on the head.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Hello all,

The other week i had an £8 accumaltor on 4 draws, all of my results were in apart from Barnsley-Cardiff and then the sheep shaggers got a dubious free kick in the 93rd minute and scored, i was 10 seconds away from having £851 in my pocket, gutted.

I've won quite a bit in the past for betting on first goalscorers by just beeting on the centre forward in sht hot form at usually 7/2 or Gerrard to score the last goal in a Liverpool game .

I am not sure of the reason but on a different forum there was a thread about the Irish or Northern Irish League and a few tips which paid off good. I think there maybe a bit of match fixing in one of these leagues so worth keeping an eye on.

Study a lot of European Leagues there is a hell of a lot of match fixing going on there. I have heard this from 2 very heavy sports gamblers. One guy was making a packet off football betting but lost it all on the horses the idiot. The other a Greek friend showed me his betting on Italian and Greek leagues a few years ago and he was very successful. I know the Italian match fixing scandal has come out but I am pretty sure they will return to form. One example he gave is towards the end of a season if a big team needs a win and a smaller team is safe in Serie A they are likely to throw the match, same with the big teams in Greece.

The Greek lad also made a shed load on live tennis bets.

I dont have the money to gamble at the moment which is good because I do enjoy it and usually lose:)

About the Scottish lower divisions; a complete minefield. I once lost a chunk on a tip lumping on Partick Thistle to beat a injury-rife Dundee side who included about 8 or 9 kids in their team but somehow managed to scrape to a 0-0 draw. Such is the way of the mostly part-time football there, it makes for a much more unsafe betting. Teams all travelling in air-con coaches? They're as likely to spend 6 hours in a W-reg minibus on B-roads.

Maybe.

But if I could be bothered it would be an easy theory to test. Check out the odds on the away team and see what returns would be for a £1 stake on every game for a month.

If you're showing a profit over that sort of time frame then there's something to go at.

If not, then it's a nice story with no substance!

One interesting bet at the moment is the X-Factor vs the rest of the field on Betfair. It was at 6-1 yesterday, now it's 3-1. If you don't have an account with Betfair and you sign up and lose your first bet, they'll refund you stake up to £25.

Get on it, and download Rage Against The Machine while you are at it..... :wink:

Hope you all listened to me? :wink: