Absolutely useless - losing the faith

What another away day absolutey ruined by those flipwits or the manager. I still cant decide whose to blame.

10 men for over an hour against a side in the bottom 4 and we still can't :censored: beat them. Shambolic. To be honest we was doing alright then our great gaffer decides to take Colbeck off, and from then on in we're defensive as :censored: under pressure, after being comfortable, you could see what was coming for the last 20 minutes, and it was a matter of when not if. Defensive tactics against 10 men against a side in the bottom four, never have i felt so angry, such a chance to get back to back wins with three more winnable games coming up, then to top it off what the flip was that sub all about in injury time ffs, playing for the point or something?

Oh and just to add half that side doesn't have balls, the complete lack of energy, passion, commitment and will to win was AGAIN very evident today, not working hard enouhgh, if they had we would have won simples, half the lads didn't even bother applauding the away fans at the full time whistle which i thought was totally shocking.

Noticed a few fans that don't miss many matches not there today, this side and manager is really testing my faith just as they are alot of others. Changes are needed, its :censored: dire.

Just compare this 2-2 draw to the 2-2 draw at Peterboro last season (just a calendar year earlier) for the passion, entertainment, spirit, belief, quality, unity and so on.

What another away day absolutey ruined by those flipwits or the manager. I still cant decide whose to blame.

10 men for over an hour against a side in the bottom 4 and we still can't :censored: beat them. Shambolic. To be honest we was doing alright then our great gaffer decides to take Colbeck off, and from then on in we're defensive as :censored: under pressure, after being comfortable, you could see what was coming for the last 20 minutes, and it was a matter of when not if. Defensive tactics against 10 men against a side in the bottom four, never have i felt so angry, such a chance to get back to back wins with three more winnable games coming up, then to top it off what the flip was that sub all about in injury time ffs, playing for the point or something?

Oh and just to add half that side doesn't have balls, the complete lack of energy, passion, commitment and will to win was AGAIN very evident today, not working hard enouhgh, if they had we would have won simples, half the lads didn't even bother applauding the away fans at the full time whistle which i thought was totally shocking.

Noticed a few fans that don't miss many matches not there today, this side and manager is really testing my faith just as they are alot of others. Changes are needed, its :censored: dire.

Just compare this 2-2 draw to the 2-2 draw at Peterboro last season (just a calendar year earlier) for the passion, entertainment, spirit, belief, quality, unity and so on.

due to injuries etc etc we was unlucky

due to injuries etc etc we was unlucky

exactly.

we are losing the faith due to 'fans' like you who prefer to have a go at the team that support them.

we have 4 pts from 6, we are scoring goals again, we are playing better so what is the problem.

todays was a little disappointing but that post was pretty pointless

exactly.

we are losing the faith due to 'fans' like you who prefer to have a go at the team that support them.

we have 4 pts from 6, we are scoring goals again, we are playing better so what is the problem.

That game should of been won today. 100% effort from each of them and we'd have won simples. Not good enough.

exactly.

look at the league table,that's the problem...........

That game should of been won today. 100% effort from each of them and we'd have won simples. Not good enough.

not necessarily. wycombe will have seen this as an ideal opportunity to gain points. as will oldham.

you're never going to get 100% effort. given the circumstances, the result sounds disappointing but i am happy if we back it up with a win on boxing day.

the glass is very much half full at BP. if every fan thought that way, i think so would the players

not necessarily. wycombe will have seen this as an ideal opportunity to gain points. as will oldham.

you're never going to get 100% effort. given the circumstances, the result sounds disappointing but i am happy if we back it up with a win on boxing day.

the glass is very much half full at BP. if every fan thought that way, i think so would the players

how can you come out with a comment like (you're never going to get 100% effort)they put on a latics shirt to do a job that they gat paid for.if they can't give 100% then they should :censored: off and never been seen in oldham again,that attitude is why latics fans are not going or giving them :censored: when they deserve it.

you're never going to get 100% effort.

:blink: You should never expect anything less than 100% effort.

Jesus and his donkey! I'm glad You're not managing the team!

Try to understand that the club is losing support because of its negativity both on and off the field, and you'll see why attendances are spiralling downwards. It's no good saying the fans aren't supportive enough, when the manager's tactics are woeful, the players attitudes are unacceptable, the owners ambitions and agendas are questionable, and the Trust only ever seem to play the tune that the board calls, rather than the fans.

We are in dire need of someone stronger at the helm.

Does this mean DP should go? Not necessarily. It means he should grow some balls, lose his defeatist attitude, and start trying to woo the fans back with attacking football, fearless tackling, adventurous formations, and a more vocal touchline manner.

I will still be sat watching Latics even if we are down to a following of just 200, but I won't be questioning the attitudes of the stayaways. I'll be asking why the board and manager have allowed the situation to become so bad that no-one wants to watch anymore.

Try to understand that the club is losing support because of its negativity both on and off the field, and you'll see why attendances are spiralling downwards. It's no good saying the fans aren't supportive enough, when the manager's tactics are woeful, the players attitudes are unacceptable, the owners ambitions and agendas are questionable, and the Trust only ever seem to play the tune that the board calls, rather than the fans.

Does this mean DP should go? Not necessarily. It means he should grow some balls, lose his defeatist attitude, and start trying to woo the fans back with attacking football, fearless tackling, adventurous formations, and a more vocal touchline manner.

I will still be sat watching Latics even if we are down to a following of just 200, but I won't be questioning the attitudes of the stayaways. I'll be asking why the board and manager have allowed the situation to become so bad that no-one wants to watch anymore.

that will happen a lot faster than you would want the way this club is being ran.

massive fail,top to bottom.

will penney get sacked? not in my opinion,not for a while.

he will be on a big pay off and corney would rather save face(yet again) about another crap appointment.

the damage is happening NOW! its already becoming too late.

Precisely. What's amazing is that anybody actually has any of the much-vaunted faith left. Mine disappeared in about 2005. A small stadium in Manc club territory won't bring it back.

Its a shame we could not make it stick yesterday but at least we are scoring goals and picking up points now. Tranmere is the key game for me. How we fair against them will tell me everything I need to know about the current setup I feel. How much fight and quality is really there. Ultimately what DP is made of. Obviously excluding the injured players.

Edited by oafc0000

i agree, when i said you're never going to get 100% i meant at the moment and from watching a couple of players. i have no doubt that a couple of wins and the confidence will be back closely followed by the effort.

I normally go to the vast majority of away matches each season. This season...not been to one.

So many more things to do with my day and £50+.

E4e

SHPIN

I normally go to the vast majority of away matches each season. This season...not been to one.

So many more things to do with my day and £50+.

E4e

SHPIN

Been to one Nick, and Penney's made my mind up for me for the Hartlepool trip...

LTF

Saints/Wigan day before...

Suddenly Stephens and O'Grady are in frame.

And not before time.

Greegs bless him looking past his sell by date.

Au contraire. I'm one of Gregan's biggest detractors, but by all accounts he's been one of few shining lights this season.

Can't disagree with the rest of it, thought :grin:

i agree, when i said you're never going to get 100% i meant at the moment and from watching a couple of players. i have no doubt that a couple of wins and the confidence will be back closely followed by the effort.

I sincerely hope you're right, as ultimately it is team performances and league position that affect attendances. Unfortunately there are so many other things wrong at Latics these days, that even six points would barely cover the cracks.

Wholesale, drastic changes are needed, and I'm not sure Failsworth (Drastic as it is) is a step in the right direction either. There are clearly divisions regarding the 'move or stay' question, at a time when the club should be seeking to unite all the fans positively, and with the same goal (Something that a refurbished BP succeeeded in).

As JP said, a new manager is unlikely to happen, so a change in Penney's attitude, approach and motivation might be a good place to start.

I sincerely hope you're right, as ultimately it is team performances and league position that affect attendances. Unfortunately there are so many other things wrong at Latics these days, that even six points would barely cover the cracks.

Wholesale, drastic changes are needed, and I'm not sure Failsworth (Drastic as it is) is a step in the right direction either. There are clearly divisions regarding the 'move or stay' question, at a time when the club should be seeking to unite all the fans positively, and with the same goal (Something that a refurbished BP succeeeded in).

As JP said, a new manager is unlikely to happen, so a change in Penney's attitude, approach and motivation might be a good place to start.

penneys attitude wont change,as far as i can see he cant motivate players,his approach is exactly the same every game, *****,and every press statement he puts out to the press he comes out with the same crap "at least we can take the positives out of the game"is that giong to help when we are scrapping to stave off relegation,no! points on the board stop that and he is not the manager to do that.

Didn't go yesterday, but from the sounds of it, we were a bit unlucky. That shot by Heffernan which hit both posts would have gone in for a team at the top - neither would have their penalty gone against us.

The turning point seemed to be Penny's change in approach to the game when he took Colebeck off.

Either way, both this and the Exeter game seem a giant step in the right direction from the dross that was served up at Norwich and Wallsall - or am I being too positive??

Didn't go yesterday, but from the sounds of it, we were a bit unlucky. That shot by Heffernan which hit both posts would have gone in for a team at the top - neither would have their penalty gone against us.

The turning point seemed to be Penny's change in approach to the game when he took Colebeck off.

Either way, both this and the Exeter game seem a giant step in the right direction from the dross that was served up at Norwich and Wallsall - or am I being too positive??

The problem with Penney and the reason we have failed to score more than two goals in ANY game since 'Colonel Cautious' arrived is the moment we get that 2nd goal we shut up shop.

Fookin' Boo! :ranting:

The problem with Penney and the reason we have failed to score more than two goals in ANY game since 'Colonel Cautious' arrived is the moment we get that 2nd goal we shut up shop.

Fookin' Boo! :ranting:

I'd sooner have 'Colonel Cautious' than 'Major Disaster' in my army. :grin:

• 4 months later...