Flahavan returns to Palace

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get someone in quick to aviod having to play Brill.

I say we get behind him, he's had a massive kick up the arse and whether he was lucky or not he did keep more clean sheets and we picked up more points. Personally I thought Flahavan was ok but nothing special and we were still conceding poor goals - the first at Wycombe was paticularly poor if that had been Brill he would have been castigated.

Brill's our keeper, he's going to play so let's get off his back and try and climb the table...

What are the latest reports on Fleming? Any chance that this may prompt a recall? I know that some think he also make fundamental mistakes but to the same degree as Brill? I would personally have more confidence in Fleming.

What are the latest reports on Fleming? Any chance that this may prompt a recall? I know that some think he also make fundamental mistakes but to the same degree as Brill? I would personally have more confidence in Fleming.

He's out for at least another month with a broken finger...

I say we get behind him, he's had a massive kick up the arse and whether he was lucky or not he did keep more clean sheets and we picked up more points. Personally I thought Flahavan was ok but nothing special and we were still conceding poor goals - the first at Wycombe was paticularly poor if that had been Brill he would have been castigated.

Brill's our keeper, he's going to play so let's get off his back and try and climb the table...

If he is between the sticks on Sat then yes obviously get behind him, but whether he is brimming with confidence or not I do not think the lad is good enough for this level, and would feel more comfortable should we manage to get someone else in before then.

If he is between the sticks on Sat then yes obviously get behind him, but whether he is brimming with confidence or not I do not think the lad is good enough for this level, and would feel more comfortable should we manage to get someone else in before then.

But we've won 6 games this season, 5 of them with Brill in the team - we were comfortably higher mid-table when he was dropped now we're in a relegation scrap...that suggests to me his individual errors aside he is good enough for this level.

But we've won 6 games this season, 5 of them with Brill in the team - we were comfortably higher mid-table when he was dropped now we're in a relegation scrap...that suggests to me his individual errors aside he is good enough for this level.

But how many times has Flahavan dropped a clanger.

Fair enough there were some goals he let in where maybe he could have done better but I cant remember him dropping a clanger.

Not only has Brill dropped clangers, with many of the other goals he conceded the general feeling was he could have done a hell of alot more to stop them.

Stats don't lie, but they can sure as hell shade the whole truth

But how many times has Flahavan dropped a clanger.

Fair enough there were some goals he let in where maybe he could have done better but I cant remember him dropping a clanger.

Not only has Brill dropped clangers, with many of the other goals he conceded the general feeling was he could have done a hell of alot more to stop them.

Stats don't lie, but they can sure as hell shade the whole truth

True, but am I the only one that thought Flahavan was nothing special? We let in a few dodgy goals with him in the side - the 2nd v Leeds in the cup-tie was too easy, the 2nd v Colchester he seemed to dive under, the first at Walsall was awful, he could have commanded the area better for KK's opener v Leeds and the first at Wycombe? well I'm sorry but that was just :censored:e! Brill's no world beater but his clangers aside he has kept plenty of clean sheets - particularly away from home.

Flahavan's league record

P7 W 1 D 2 L 4 F 6 A 12 Clean Sheets 1 Pts 5

Brill's Last 7 Appearances

P 7 W 3 D 2 L 2 F 6 A 5 Clean Sheets 4 Pts 11

Stats don't lie Carl and apply Brill's stats to the last 7 games and we'd not be in the steaming pile of :censored: we are!

Edited by oafcprozac

"But we've won 6 games this season, 5 of them with Brill in the team - we were comfortably higher mid-table when he was dropped now we're in a relegation scrap...that suggests to me his individual errors aside he is good enough for this level. "

You sort of argue against yourself there, with "idividual errors aside" he is good enough for this level, clearly he isn't.

Now whilst he pulls on the shirt on Saturday I will back him 100%, doesnt mean I have to be happy about it, and I imagine with Brill in the team you will see what a real relegation scrap looks like.

I would also say Flav is twice the keeper Brill will ever be, thats why he has played most of his career at this level or above whilst Brill has played in struggling league one and two teams.

I don't remember Brill making one good save, where I can remember quite a few Flav made, Gillingham away and Leeds at home stand out, we will be up against it with Brill in the team :(

I wonder who Gregan preferes playing with?

We could play Brill and just hope to god we don't concede a free kick within 35 yards of our goal.

"But we've won 6 games this season, 5 of them with Brill in the team - we were comfortably higher mid-table when he was dropped now we're in a relegation scrap...that suggests to me his individual errors aside he is good enough for this level. "

You sort of argue against yourself there, with "idividual errors aside" he is good enough for this level, clearly he isn't.

Now whilst he pulls on the shirt on Saturday I will back him 100%, doesnt mean I have to be happy about it, and I imagine with Brill in the team you will see what a real relegation scrap looks like.

I would also say Flav is twice the keeper Brill will ever be, thats why he has played most of his career at this level or above whilst Brill has played in struggling league one and two teams.

I don't remember Brill making one good save, where I can remember quite a few Flav made, Gillingham away and Leeds at home stand out, we will be up against it with Brill in the team :(

I wonder who Gregan preferes playing with?

How many points did we win in those games? Flahavan may be a better keeper but he's let double the goals in Brill has in the same period. (Ok Gills was a pen) Same attitude as Colbeck, he's had a :censored: start so he's :censored: end of - have a word will yer! Let's see how he does now he's had the kick up the arse because he's been superb in the reserves - particularly at City...

I predict by the end of January, we'll be nowhere near the bottom four, with or without Brill...

The thing with Brill is he started poor, but I gave him a chance then he seemed to turn it round, fair play to the lad I thought. Then he let in a soft goal against MK Dons and then Hudds in the league and it was back to square one.

This indicates to me that he is a poor keeper for this level.

I do agree that come the end of Jan we wont be near the bottom four, however with Brill in the team we will be a lot closer to it than without. Have you seen him do his pre match and half time warm ups? He struggles to catch the ball let alone do much else.

The thing with Brill is he started poor, but I gave him a chance then he seemed to turn it round, fair play to the lad I thought. Then he let in a soft goal against MK Dons and then Hudds in the league and it was back to square one.

This indicates to me that he is a poor keeper for this level.

I do agree that come the end of Jan we wont be near the bottom four, however with Brill in the team we will be a lot closer to it than without. Have you seen him do his pre match and half time warm ups? He struggles to catch the ball let alone do much else.

It is worrying, but as a keeper myself for many years I think you can categorise keepers

Very Good Keepers - Schmeichel, Southall etc...

Decent Keepers - Given, Friedel etc...

unlucky decent keepers - James, Gerrard etc..

Poor keepers - Robinson, Carson etc..

Lucky :censored:e Keepers - Lehmann, Grobbelaar, Cech etc..

Brill imo comes into the category of 'Lucky :censored:e' keepers, the number of shots that have just simply hit him has been unbelievable as has been the efforts that have hit the woodwork. If that's enough gto keep us in mid-table that'll do for me. BUT he'll have his work cut out on Saturday as the Poolies are always lively at home..

Edited by oafcprozac

It is worrying, but as a keeper myself for many years I think you can categorise keepers

Brill imo comes into the category of 'Lucky :censored:e' keepers, the number of shots that have just simply hit him has been unbelievable as has been the efforts that have hit the woodwork. If that's enough gto keep us in mid-table that'll do for me. BUT he'll have his work cut out on Saturday as the Poolies are always lively at home..

sorry but the above is a load of tosh!

True, but am I the only one that thought Flahavan was nothing special? We let in a few dodgy goals with him in the side - the 2nd v Leeds in the cup-tie was too easy, the 2nd v Colchester he seemed to dive under, the first at Walsall was awful, he could have commanded the area better for KK's opener v Leeds and the first at Wycombe? well I'm sorry but that was just :censored:e! Brill's no world beater but his clangers aside he has kept plenty of clean sheets - particularly away from home.

Flahavan's league record

P7 W 1 D 2 L 4 F 6 A 12 Clean Sheets 1 Pts 5

Brill's Last 7 Appearances

P 7 W 3 D 2 L 2 F 6 A 5 Clean Sheets 4 Pts 11

Stats don't lie Carl and apply Brill's stats to the last 7 games and we'd not be in the steaming pile of :censored: we are!

Stats do lie, your implying that the Goalkeeper is the sole reason for those stats!

Do those stats correlate with Abbott being in the team? I would wager they would be quite close.

They are all good keepers surely?

Lehmann Grobbelaar and Cech :censored:e :lol:

Hopefully Brill will pull his finger out and produce some performances that are deserving of his reputation from a few seasons ago, other than that this could be the great return of Flemming and his chance to shine...

Latics miss out again on Tom Heaton of Man Utd, loan extended at Rochdale - it makes me despair.

They are all good keepers surely?

Lehmann Grobbelaar and Cech :censored:e :lol:

Look at the amount of bollocks all three drop over a season then factor in how little they actually have to do behind very good defences. Frightening, particularly when they are capable of making wonder saves. That's why the best keepers are regarded as the best, they drop the fewest bollocks!

One of the most over-rated keepers is Reina at Liverpool, he is regularly awful! The most under-rated is Jaaskelainen, why the hell that lad is not with a top four club I'll never know!