Latics team already losing its identity at christmas?

More to the point Richards, Spencer and Philliskirk say that this a place to come to if you want a step up. We certainly won't stand in your way.

agree with the philliskirk signing..if chelski saw enough to pay good money for him at that age, even though its a blow for latics in respect of losing a talented kid..

1, we got a pretty good fee with add ons for someone unproven and

2, it sends out a message that latics CAN unearth this type of talent and the kids of today DON'T need to go to the likes of utd/city to be noticed.

as for spencer ..latics quids in again..it didn't work out for him but latics never lost out there.

you'll have to remind me about who richards was..its late and i'm needing shut eye! (i bet its bloody obvious!)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to the same degree as now when clubs sign up players much younger than was once the case and run much bigger academies, many more youth sides etc. I get the impression that if a kid has two legs and shows an interest then a big club will have first bite

not saying you're wrong at all,but isn't that to a degree the parents fault for not thinking with their heads instead of a dreamy bulging wallet that 95% chance will never happen?

why aren't latics getting in there too?

again,i'm unsure of the spread of where the current crop of kids are from(bugger the hungarians!) but when we were getting eardley from rhyl for example, that effort to seek out came off.

maybe harry knows of whats changed regarding the youth policy/scouting policy at latics since TTA have taken over...cause i suspect its for the worse what has changed.

you'll have to remind me about who richards was..its late and i'm needing shut eye! (i bet its bloody obvious!)

I assume you're joking here*.

There haven't been any new threads for a couple of days about him being sold.

* Just in case you're not, he plays for Manchester City and enjoys a good roast.

I assume you're joking here*.

There haven't been any new threads for a couple of days about him being sold.

* Just in case you're not, he plays for Manchester City and enjoys a good roast.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

snooze............................eh what!! :grin:

ok..i'll say he was in the philliskirk example i put.

its worked for latics..its worked for them 2.

winner all around.

bed is calling....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....