Latics team already losing its identity at christmas?

Ive not seen latics for a couple of games (with the postponements and away games etc)

So now when I next see them there will be 2 players who have gone back to their parent clubs and 2 players in from other clubs,

no wonder some of the older hardcore fans are fed up with Latics everytime they go its completely different line up

Its such a shame us and many clubs are in this way financially state of the game I suppose

I will always support players who put on a latics shirt but Im just fed up of loan signings every year who know they will be off at the end of the month

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive not seen latics for a couple of games (with the postponements and away games etc)

So now when I next see them there will be 2 players who have gone back to their parent clubs and 2 players in from other clubs,

no wonder some of the older hardcore fans are fed up with Latics everytime they go its completely different line up

Its such a shame us and many clubs are in this way financially state of the game I suppose

I will always support players who put on a latics shirt but Im just fed up of loan signings every year who know they will be off at the end of the month

I've deliberately, and for the first time, made little effort to 'get to know' this season's players, in terms of researching their playing backgrounds and so on. It no longer seems worth the effort now that continuity has gone out of the window.

It's impossible to build a decent squad, capable of advancing up the league, without a stable core of capable players. Keep on shedding the deadwood, by all means, but we need to hang onto our best players for three seasons minimum.

+1

without all these injuries we wouldnt have all these loan players and like it or not, with the budget we have loaning 'better' players is our only way of supplementing our decent players with a few gems to try and get somewhere

We already see how effective it is at 'getting us somewhere', however. Again and again.

I've deliberately, and for the first time, made little effort to 'get to know' this season's players, in terms of researching their playing backgrounds and so on. It no longer seems worth the effort now that continuity has gone out of the window.

It's impossible to build a decent squad, capable of advancing up the league, without a stable core of capable players. Keep on shedding the deadwood, by all means, but we need to hang onto our best players for three seasons minimum.

I agree , I heard that we had signed 2 loan players , I couldnt be arsed looking who they were

Edited by razza699

once again, TTA policy of abusing the loan system is bearing no fruit.

its losing fans love for all things latics.

its losing its identity.

its losing a real feel of affection for the club.

they are failing us.

Agree, The Premiergreed years are now taking their toll!

Agree, The Premiergreed years are now taking their toll!

The club is a shambles, shabby ground, no direction, dwindling support , poor management, clueless coaching and and a below average squad.

On the bright side they are still somehow above the drop zone.

The club is a shambles, shabby ground, no direction, dwindling support , poor management, clueless coaching and and a below average squad.

On the bright side they are still somehow above the drop zone.

Just...with a game in hand.....oh dear... :grin:

When you are older than most of the players it is time to stop hero worshipping them. I'm sure as you get older and stuff like gas bills, car tax and interest rates play a more important part in your life, then the days as a child when the only really important thing was the game on Saturday will always be looked back upon fondly.

When you are older than most of the players it is time to stop hero worshipping them. I'm sure as you get older and stuff like gas bills, car tax and interest rates play a more important part in your life, then the days as a child when the only really important thing was the game on Saturday will always be looked back upon fondly.

nicely put!

agree 110%

Unfortunately, it seems todays children won't have many fond times at Latics to look back on.

Unfortunately, it seems todays children won't have many fond times at Latics to look back on.

Most of the people losing interest are those who witnessed the glory years early on in their relationship with OAFC. Now their patience is finally waning thin after year after year of poo

This kind of thing rings hollow actually. If all things Latics didn't still bug you, you wouldn't still be seen on here.

I've always realised that it's only a game, but it's the game, and our club's continual failure to excel at it, that we're here to discuss. The site isn't called 'Oh When The Gas Bill.'