Latics team already losing its identity at christmas?

Same could have been said when I started going around 81/2ish, Who'd have thought we would have had the years of success to come....

You must be pretty old now if you were 81/2 when your first started going to Latics :wink:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of thing rings hollow actually. If all things Latics didn't still bug you, you wouldn't still be seen on here.

I've always realised that it's only a game, but it's the game, and our club's continual failure to excel at it, that we're here to discuss. The site isn't called 'Oh When The Gas Bill.'

They give a fuel allowance now, I wonder if I can apply to the government for a Latics allowanace ?

I tend to find in life if you demand little you get little in return.

I tend to find that no matter what any of us "demand" from the club/team/players it makes little difference to what we get. It's more about owner's funding/manager's ability/good sigings/a bit of good fortune.

Getting all hot and bothered over something you have no control over is futile and a waste of energy.

As for looking for "reasons" that are usually just weak attempts to validate a personal prejudice, that's just ridiculous. But I do blame the groundsman; he cuts the grass all wrong

Most of the people losing interest are those who witnessed the glory years early on in their relationship with OAFC. Now their patience is finally waning thin after year after year of poo

and this Mr Guru is half of the problem.

This was a 3-4 year spell in the 100+ year history of OAFC - A great time indeed, but not the barometer of our club.

We will win promotion again in the future of your nephew, and we will be relegated also.........football comes in waves and at the minute we are not aussie surfers, but are :wink: lancashire lads giving it a go on the dorset coast...

As for year after year - if they have only been going since glory days and now want to drop us - all the best.

and this Mr Guru is half of the problem.

This was a 3-4 year spell in the 100+ year history of OAFC - A great time indeed, but not the barometer of our club.

We will win promotion again in the future of your nephew, and we will be relegated also.........football comes in waves and at the minute we are not aussie surfers, but are :wink: lancashire lads giving it a go on the dorset coast...

As for year after year - if they have only been going since glory days and now want to drop us - all the best.

i saw 18 years before the glory and ive seen pretty much 16 years since...although this is the first season i have only attended one game,i stopped buying season tickets 4 years ago,i couldnt justify it,i pick and choose matches but invariably attend more,until this season..

i have turned down season tickets complimentorys and the like this season....im just fed up with it.

the loan system,how can you blame ttas...surely you have to blame the manager on that one,he decides who he wants not the board.

i couldnt give a toss who the players are or where they come from,or even how long they are here for,as long as they do the buisness and put in 100% effort thats fine.

the manager on the other hand is a different thing,i wanted gannon before we appointed penny..i seriously dont think he would of done much better,he would still have got the same budget.

the only decent news this christmas and new year is that richards might finally get sold,and get some cash

i saw 18 years before the glory and ive seen pretty much 16 years since...although this is the first season i have only attended one game,i stopped buying season tickets 4 years ago,i couldnt justify it,i pick and choose matches but invariably attend more,until this season..

i have turned down season tickets complimentorys and the like this season....im just fed up with it.

the loan system,how can you blame ttas...surely you have to blame the manager on that one,he decides who he wants not the board.

i couldnt give a toss who the players are or where they come from,or even how long they are here for,as long as they do the buisness and put in 100% effort thats fine.

the manager on the other hand is a different thing,i wanted gannon before we appointed penny..i seriously dont think he would of done much better,he would still have got the same budget.

the only decent news this christmas and new year is that richards might finally get sold,and get some cash

Although I agree with alot written there, Gannon did do alot better that this last season, with a much lower budget I would guess.

I'm not sure if your losing love with football is anything to do with the current situation at Latics - or what alot of us feel about the current game, which being honest I'm starting to despise.

I tend to find that no matter what any of us "demand" from the club/team/players it makes little difference to what we get. It's more about owner's funding/manager's ability/good sigings/a bit of good fortune.

Getting all hot and bothered over something you have no control over is futile and a waste of energy.

As for looking for "reasons" that are usually just weak attempts to validate a personal prejudice, that's just ridiculous. But I do blame the groundsman; he cuts the grass all wrong

Some people in this world look to change it and others learn to live with the parameters which they are told they must accept. I enjoyed looking for that change. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosent...

Edited by oafc0000

Although I agree with alot written there, Gannon did do alot better that this last season, with a much lower budget I would guess.

I'm not sure if your losing love with football is anything to do with the current situation at Latics - or what alot of us feel about the current game, which being honest I'm starting to despise.

i like football in general,i can watch a game between any two teams and see the good bits and the bad bits,the only thing i despise about the current trend is the amount of money thrown around like confetti in the top leage,with very little filtering down to the other leagues,its quite frankly obscene.

the trouble is though if we were in the top league and a very wealthy backer came along we would all be cock-a-hoop with it wouldnt we.

there is something fundamentally wrong with latics from top to bottom,there has been for a while,maybe its the tta's being in year 6 of a 5 year plan and there now reluctance to invast the necessary cash to get out of this league

maybe its the fact i have seen good and bad times at latics...but can honestly say this current crop of players dont give a toss,pretty much like shez team,i have been slagged off right royally on here and other places and in general by mates and people saying ive bottled it with latics and im not a true fan...and to be fair i really dont give a :censored: about it,and that is the most worrying part.

its got nothing to do with how corp puts it doom and gloom and the realisation it will never get better..i think it will....

but i just cant drag meself along to bp these days,even if we win a couple on the bounce,there just isnt any affinity with this current team.

,there just isnt any affinity with this current team.

Todays team:

Keeper: This season

LB: This Season:

CB: This game

CB: Gregan (I have a connection with as a fan)

RB: Lee - barely seen.

LW: Whitaker - I guess some connection, but not alot.

CM: New lad - no connection.

CM: Stephens - pretty new, so little to know of him.

RW: Colbeck: This season.

CF: Brooke - pretty much this season.

CF: Smalley - Player I know.

That's three players I know well. I can't think anyone has an affinity with this team.

Todays team:

Keeper: This season

LB: This Season:

CB: This game

CB: Gregan (I have a connection with as a fan)

RB: Lee - barely seen.

LW: Whitaker - I guess some connection, but not alot.

CM: New lad - no connection.

CM: Stephens - pretty new, so little to know of him.

RW: Colbeck: This season.

CF: Brooke - pretty much this season.

CF: Smalley - Player I know.

That's three players I know well. I can't think anyone has an affinity with this team.

I don't know the stats of the other 91 clubs, but i've got an icckle suspicion that it isn't just us,

the days of your jimmy frizzell, ian woods, gary hoolicken, andy barlow, roger palmer are long gone!!!

I don't know the stats of the other 91 clubs, but i've got an icckle suspicion that it isn't just us,

the days of your jimmy frizzell, ian woods, gary hoolicken, andy barlow, roger palmer are long gone!!!

Its just not the same experience watching teams likes Latics anymore. Its one of the reason people drift away...

Some people in this world look to change it and others learn to live with the parameters which they are told they must accept. I enjoyed looking for that change. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosent...

Stop being silly zero - all that "learn to live with"; "told they must accept" stuff - you always have to resort to making things into some silly sort of insult, just a few hours after whining about people being personal and saying you're getting all upset but here you go again. Bleeding silly little whining kid.

What are you actually doing about changing ANYTHING at latics NOW?

Nothing. Zero.

Stop being silly zero - all that "learn to live with"; "told they must accept" stuff - you always have to resort to making things into some silly sort of insult, just a few hours after whining about people being personal and saying you're getting all upset but here you go again. Bleeding silly little whining kid.

Nothing. Zero.

The fans can't change anything. Some brave souls had a go a few years ago, and the downward spiral continued even though they appeared to have helped break it for a time.

The fans can't change anything. Some brave souls had a go a few years ago, and the downward spiral continued even though they appeared to have helped break it for a time.

surely though the fans have a voice,they used to i know that..

maybe fans could change something by getting together and presenting some form of questionare to the club,as to why and what is wrong with the club and as to what we would like to see....i dont know how you would manage it,you couldnt simply post something on here as it normally descends into madness....but its worth a shot isnt it.

or do we think the owners really dont care one way or the other about the fans,hence the exit plan and move theory.

Nothing. Zero.

How you think that was something of a personal attack is beyond me. It was a statement of fact. On the other hand your post was yet again nothing more than a personal attack. The mods really need to get a grip of you.

Edited by oafc0000

surely though the fans have a voice,they used to i know that..

maybe fans could change something by getting together and presenting some form of questionare to the club,as to why and what is wrong with the club and as to what we would like to see....i dont know how you would manage it,you couldnt simply post something on here as it normally descends into madness....but its worth a shot isnt it.

or do we think the owners really dont care one way or the other about the fans,hence the exit plan and move theory.

All that's wrong with the club is that it can't afford a good team, capable of advancing up the divisions. That would eventually bring the lapsed fans back and win us some new ones. The fans seem split as to whether the ground at Failsworth will be able to finance this. The proposed small capacity suggests that the club's priority is to simply survive at this level.

once again, TTA policy of abusing the loan system is bearing no fruit.

its losing fans love for all things latics.

its losing its identity.

its losing a real feel of affection for the club.

they are failing us.

Seriously? Mate are you on something?

Abusing the loan system? What Machiavellian leaders we have if they are cheating the loan system to bring us wank players!

Yes, I agree that the loan system is not being used particularly well and it does affect our relationship with players. But the issue isn't really about the loanees but rather that we haven't signed exciting players through it since we got Kilkenny.

Ideally though I would like to see players retained for longer than one season, which was one of my key gripes with Shez and which happened again this close season. Plenty of clubs still take a slightly longer view, and several of them are amongst the more successful of recent years (Scunny spring to mind) - this is something we should look to emulate. But going back to the loan system, if we could get our hands on :censored: for a longer period then I'd be a happy bunny. I'd like to see him groomed as a centre-half for the long haul.