Dean Furman

I think Furman may be destined to leave Latics in future, amidst quotes of "I'll drive him there myself!" on here, and then go on to be a success elsewhere.

And that's because Penney either doesn't know what to do with him, or isn't willing to sacrifice his negative approach to utilise a midfielder with some ability. I can't quite decide which it is.

Furman's form and showings for Latics wouldn't get him into San Marino's side let alone a poor South African side currently. That said should Latics decide to actually improve as a side so too could Furman. Of course that we don't know for sure.

Furman's form and showings for Latics wouldn't get him into San Marino's side let alone a poor South African side currently. That said should Latics decide to actually improve as a side so too could Furman. Of course that we don't know for sure.

I hope that the signing of the experienced Goodwin may allow Dean Furman a little more freedom to express himself and perhaps we can the return of the player we saw in pre-season BUT under no circumstances should it mean Stephens being dropped. we've improved steadily since young Dale got his chance and there's been far more energy in the engine room, and we've began scoring goals again.