how much have we asked for?

It matters not.....but it won't be anywhere near that figure. £30k max, more likely £20k and there will be staged payments at that!

Says the sum is believed to be near the 6 figure mark.

I would guess that is true as championship clubs are after him aswell.

Says the sum is believed to be near the 6 figure mark.

I would guess that is true as championship clubs are after him aswell.

Athletic are not revealing the figure they are looking for but it is likely to approach six figures, particularly given the rumoured competition for his signature from Championship sides Scunthorpe, Derby and Peterborough.

As penned by the ever reliable Mr Chambers.......you might as well ask what VIZ think he's worth!

Think we can rule posh out they are trying signing Rueben Reid or Charlton striker Izale McLeod . I would very much doubt we get anywhere near six figures, but you never know,the money would come in handy as well as another player of the wage bill.

Maybe he stated that he would exercise his right to leave the club at the end of the season.

In which case, intent to give him a chance or not, I can understand cashing in the chips and letting him go now.

if thats the case, furry muff,but lets have the whole story reported that that is the case then.

you know what i mean though...one week "he's coming back and will be playing"

now its "he's up for the highest bidder"!

seems sudden seeing as he's not back from dale yet for another 10 days!

tomorrow...what story next?

I know exactly what you mean.

I have little doubt that Latics have played a game here to offload a player they don't want for a fee. Can't say I blame them.

I don't believe for a moment that Championship clubs have shown any real interest in O'Grady. I'm fairly sure that somebody with a bit of sense in the club has put that story out to the media, alongside reports of "we want him back" to ensure Rochdale come up with a decent sum of money.

scenario...

what if penney played him in a game before the tranfer window shutting, has a blinder,has his scoring boots on and improved the forward line no end...complimenting pav very well?

would he be worth more to latics in a fight to get up this league than a few shekels?

i think so..

Only if he'd be willing to extend his contract beyond this season at a price Latics are willing to pay.

scenario...

what if penney played him in a game before the tranfer window shutting, has a blinder,has his scoring boots on and improved the forward line no end...complimenting pav very well?

would he be worth more to latics in a fight to get up this league than a few shekels?

i think so..

but he wouldnt compliment pav. he plays to similar and isnt as good. he needs a partnership with a dagnall-type player and the closest we have to dagnall is keigan parker...

I know exactly what you mean.

I have little doubt that Latics have played a game here to offload a player they don't want for a fee. Can't say I blame them.

I don't believe for a moment that Championship clubs have shown any real interest in O'Grady. I'm fairly sure that somebody with a bit of sense in the club has put that story out to the media, alongside reports of "we want him back" to ensure Rochdale come up with a decent sum of money.

He's worth more to Dale at the moment than he is to anyone else. Signing him now buys him for half a season, the bigger clubs could tie him up now and leave him with us our on loan to Dale again. Our only bargaining chip then is to accept some small fee to let them have him anyway or else we will hang on and get what value we can from him. Dale need him, big style, and he has been a massive success for them after bombing or not being great at a few places. This is their chance of a generation and they need him for it, they will know all too well that it could all fall apart if Dagnall/O'Grady is broken up. They NEED him for this half a season. What are the odds on anyone they could get working as well in their set-up?

If he stays with us for half a season, even if he does really well, it will mean he is off on a free somewhere better. If he is crap, we wouldn't offer him a deal. You just can't blame the lad doing what suits him, hopefully he goes to Dale and we get a decent sum.

but say latics want 50 grand?

if he was good enough to stay and did the business ,wouldn't that 50 grand be worth less than staying in this division?

then if he wants to go,fair play.

i agree, it would be worth less but i really dont think if he ended up back here, he would show anything like the form he has done at rochdale.

but say latics want 50 grand?

if he was good enough to stay and did the business ,wouldn't that 50 grand be worth less than staying in this division?

then if he wants to go,fair play.

I see where you're trying to go with this one JP...it seems though that DP doesn't rate him/has his beadys on another stiker and COG off our books + a bit of transfer kitty, may allow him to buy a player whom he rates better than COG!

Either way fella, he ain't coming back to us!! and if we get any more money than we paid for him, then we've done alreet out of it.

I really don't believe that he would come back, link up well with Pav and fire in the goals, but has found his 'partner' where he is.

I see where you're trying to go with this one JP...it seems though that DP doesn't rate him/has his beadys on another stiker and COG off our books + a bit of transfer kitty, may allow him to buy a player whom he rates better than COG!

Either way fella, he ain't coming back to us!! and if we get any more money than we paid for him, then we've done alreet out of it.

I really don't believe that he would come back, link up well with Pav and fire in the goals, but has found his 'partner' where he is.

well i certainly hope its a REAL signing and not another loan.