Killen to Middlesbrough?

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan is set to bring in six players in an £8m swoop on Scotland's Old Firm. The former Celtic manager wants to take five players from the Neverland Ranch and £1.5m Rangers striker Kris Boyd

Full story: News of the World

If the all time leading scorer of the SPL goes to Middlesboro in this transfer window, I'll show my arse in the Chaddy End.

McDonald and Samaras are to good for a championship club. Not sure on Fortune as he's been a disappointment since his £4million move this season. Though that fee alone means Boro wouldnt pay it.

Same reason you wont see Boro trying to sign McGeady or Boruc. Too highly rated at Parkhead to allow them to go to somewhere like 'Boro for a pittance. Other than that, they can pretty much take their pick at Celtic.

IMO, McDonald hasn't come on much since glorious conribution to Helicopter Sunday and there are clearly issues between monkeyhead and the Aussie, so he could be on the way out. Samaras was sh1te for Citeh and is equally as bad for Celtic - his conversion rate is appalling, the old firm game was hilarious, seeming him miss chance after chance against a depleted Rangers team. McGeady is in a good vein of form, he was MOM V Rangers. As for Boruc, I only seem to see him when he drops a clanger, which seems to happen quite often.

Always rated Killen, quality striker when fit. Big, strong & powerful & when he's motivated and 'on a run' he'll get you goals and cause defenders big problems.

He almost moved to Cardiff not long ago; for something like £1.5 million but he had a last mintue change of heart & opted to stay at Celtic. Think he'll be a success in the Championship; if 'Boro go up i'd maybe think the Prem might be a step too far; but at Championship he'll be more than OK.

Agree he was a tart in terms of injury recovery though!!

shocked if he joins boro he done nothing great since he left oldham.

did enough to get himself a move to celtic and play games in the champions league - maybe not great but better than oldham and enough to get a move to a mid table championship club

The only reason Celtic signed him was on the back of one good season at Hibs. He's never had a look in at Parkhead and never would do in the near future. 8 starts in 2 and a half years with about 30 appearances from the bench.

2007/08

McDonald

Jan Vennegoor

Samaras

Killen

Riordan

2008/09

McDonald

Samaras

Jan Vennegoor

Maloney

Cillian Sheridan

Killen

2009/10

McDonald

Samaras

Fortune

Maloney

Killen

He's always been 4th/5th choice down the pecking order at Parkhead. No suprise Strachan wants him back though. Probably thinks he could do a job in the championship and raiding Celtic like he's wanting too - he's hardly going to be able to attract McDonald, Samaras or Fortune to the riverside.

A Celtic fan at work says he was only signed to stop Rangers from signing him.

How optermistic of him

'Killen, who was signed for Celtic by current Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan, admits his limited starting opportunities under Mowbray contributed to his need for a change of scenery.

"With the World Cup this summer, I knew I had to do something to get myself some game time and that's why I'm so delighted this opportunity has come up," he added.

"Of course there is a concern that I might end up moving down here swapping once bench for another. I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind.

"But I still think I'll have a better chance of playing football here than I would have had at Celtic."

How optermistic of him

'Killen, who was signed for Celtic by current Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan, admits his limited starting opportunities under Mowbray contributed to his need for a change of scenery.

"With the World Cup this summer, I knew I had to do something to get myself miraculously recovered from my various injuries and that's why I'm so delighted this opportunity has come up," he added.

"Of course there is a concern that I might end up moving down here swapping once treatment room for another. I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind.

"But I still think I'll have a better chance of playing football here than I would have had at Celtic."

He was misquoted so it had to be changed...

• 3 weeks later...