Football Club finances

The solution is to buy apples. In season. And don't buy bananas.

There. Fixed it for you.

Anyone buying bananas is bananas, as the TTA by now well know.

Self-sufficiency in food is a piece of pee, if you have a mind to it. A quarter acre and a chicken coop can feed a family easily, at no cost. Study Masanobu Fukuoka if you want to prepare for the future.

Cheers,

KC

Edited by kirinclassic

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the millions owed to TTA ? Do you not consider £3 million major (if reports are true)

as an investor would you rather pay off 3 million, or 60 million, or even 700 million our red neighbours have?

More seriously, your last sentence explains why you have conjured up an implausible vision of the club's future.

As explained many times before, you have to start by asking yourself why the club is intent on building a stadium with only 12000 seats (some claim 10000; others less still.) After all, even though we've been in the doldrums for fifteen or so years, we've nonethelss managed to attract well over 12000 (let alone 10000) on numerous occasions. It is obviously because the club has downscaled its ambitions. The projected size of the stadium suggests that, at best, we can expect no more than attempts at brief Scunthorpe or Colchester type forays into the Championship. These forays (I say these but it almost certainly would only happen once, although most likely not at all) would necessitate no stadium expansion, as a near certain immediate drop, back into the third-tier, possibly followed by free-fall, rules it out. Once the stadium is built it will never be expanded.

Once again, nobody has suggested that the club builds a massive stadium. Most people have merely asked why, if 16000 seats were said to be required for a redeveloped BP, was a full quarter (possibly significantly more than a quarter) of the projected capacity shed overnight with no prior discussion?

Stadium capacity is, and always has, reflected ambition. It's about how many important games against big clubs a club expects to eventually stage. A capacity of 12000 (or is it 10000?) suggests that Latics do not expect to stage many, if any, in future.

As we're continually reminded, nobody has seen the stadium plans yet, so where you get your assumptions regarding the facilities it will house is a mystery, and the idea that these, alone will bring enough money to the club to compete at a higher level (particularly when we will have moved to within little more than a stone's throw from where an abundance of similar or identical facilities already exists) nothing other than fantasy. And why would any serious investor look twice at a club that seems comfortable with the idea of never again playing, let alone thriving, at a level where crowds of over 12000 (or is it 10000?) are regular occurrences (as we saw last time we did it.)

Quite simply, we are being conned.

My last sentence also explains why I walk around with a smile on my face, will more likely lead a happy life, handle lifes problems whereas doom an gloomers will live a life of misery and probably die early due to the added stress they put on themselves.

Or maybe...just MAYBE its all opinion and no matter what you know or someone else doesn't, you won't change someones lifestyle/way of thought unless they want to be changed.

Why is it an implausible vision? Cause you think so? Well I better change my opinions and bow down to the Lord Jones.

Edited by bensonio

Y'see I have a new theory. I used to be a natural optimist, but I realised it is the optimists who often end up being disappointed by events and can thus end up depressed and miserable, whereas the pessimists are often pleasantly surprised and therefore much happier!

Y'see I have a new theory. I used to be a natural optimist, but I realised it is the optimists who often end up being disappointed by events and can thus end up depressed and miserable, whereas the pessimists are often pleasantly surprised and therefore much happier!

Except the that is not the theory.

It is that the optimisits are put off the setbacks and are more battled hardened, but will find hope every time there is asetback.

The realist are the ones that think things could be worse but happy they are not.

THe pessimist will find doom or then move something else worse even when there is good news, and cannot differntiate pessimist and realist becasue they are all far too optimistic.

So you do not qualify as a pessimist, you are a realist.

Welcome to my world.

Do you know have realy enjoyed reading a lot of this thread (even some of corps repetative ones )learned alot (can never look at a banana without stopping and thinking now) had some other stuff confirmed look at the future for my grandchildren and think what a different world there going to struggle through. Thank you for the education gentlemen personaly think failsworth is the best of the bad options to keep the club alive yes we may be stuck in the lower divisions but hasnt that been where the club spent most of its existance yes would love to have the sustained period from 74 to 97 in the upper divisions am realistic enough to know that without a rich sugardady it aint gonna happen so as said above failsworth appears to be the only viable option .

Except the that is not the theory.

It is that the optimisits are put off the setbacks and are more battled hardened, but will find hope every time there is asetback.

The realist are the ones that think things could be worse but happy they are not.

THe pessimist will find doom or then move something else worse even when there is good news, and cannot differntiate pessimist and realist becasue they are all far too optimistic.

So you do not qualify as a pessimist, you are a realist.

Welcome to my world.

And mine too.