Season Ticket Holders next season

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't actually add anything, Diego... :wink:

I imagine alot of season ticket holders are able to view their purchase as an investment in their club and don't care that they might be no better off than paying £20 on the gate if they end up missing a few games. That has always been my view, and I won't begrudge the money I spent for this season. But sometimes there comes a point where £300 is £300 and can more usefully go towards something else. Some might think this bizarre, but actually come this summer the worse the club's position is and the more desperately they need the cash the more likely it is I'll renew.

Obviously directed towards me! Honestly, would I buy another? Probably yeah

Nope sorry brother, not directed at anyone individual particularly, just the general threads of I am not renewing next season. With the side line quite a few are considering the value given they'll miss a few games.

Is it just me who doesn't sit down and consider if the ST is good value for money for ME? I know before I start I'll miss some games and that the club will run the odd £2 match. I just consider it supporting my club.

I support Latics, so I'll be renewing.

To be honest Rocky you've made it very plain you'll be at Rochdale next season so please stop trying to get others to not renew. Yes it's utter :censored:e at the moment and last night hit new lows. But please :censored: stop trying to justify you turning away from Latics by making the migration bigger than it will be.

I wont be at 'dale any more or less next season than I have been since I was 4 year old lags.

I've not tried to persuade anyone to not renew next season. So please tell me how you've come to that conclusion? This topic simply came into a discussion when I bumped into Nava off here at the chippy in Rochdale Road on wednesday night.

Next season i'll probably be mostly sat in a pub near the ground with my mates watching Soccer Saturday, because as much as i've slagged others off for doing that in the past rather than watching live football. I'm finding it more entertaining than going to Boundary Park.

Not everyone can afford £308 in one lump sum and when the time came to buy one this season I was indecisive and only ended up getting one because the deadline was extended. I always question whether it is value for money (one reason i've only done Southend away for the weekend this season when I usually get to about a dozen away's a season with Latics). Same reason as to why I parted with £20 to watch City v Arsenal even though I hate City. Turned out to be well worth it as it was by far the best football match i've seen all season. Actually I lie - the £25 I spent on England v Croatia was better value for money. You put that into comparison to what people pay at Latics to watch consistantly :censored:e football. You can go and watch a Gig, Comedian, etc for what you pay to get into Latics. People go on about the club competiting for fans against City and United on our doorstep but there's alot of our current fanbase who'd now much rather go to a gig every other weekend than spend that same money on Latics.

Latics for a number of years now has felt like a chore rather than a desire. Feeling like you have to be there, rather than a want. It shouldnt be like that - it's simply not the way I grew up growing a love for a team I have absolutely no affiliation to the town of whatsoever. I never ask for much from a football side - I didnt grow up expecting to be supporting title winners every season - I grew up watching players who played with pride, passion and belief. Three key words which are the reason why some absolutely :censored:e footballers made themselves a hit with Latics fans simply through effort and determination alone. 11 of those and i'd gladly partake with £20 a week or £308 a year.

I wont be at 'dale any more or less next season than I have been since I was 4 year old lags.

I've not tried to persuade anyone to not renew next season. So please tell me how you've come to that conclusion? This topic simply came into a discussion when I bumped into Nava off here at the chippy in Rochdale Road on wednesday night.

Next season i'll probably be mostly sat in a pub near the ground with my mates watching Soccer Saturday, because as much as i've slagged others off for doing that in the past rather than watching live football. I'm finding it more entertaining than going to Boundary Park.

Not everyone can afford £308 in one lump sum and when the time came to buy one this season I was indecisive and only ended up getting one because the deadline was extended. I always question whether it is value for money (one reason i've only done Southend away for the weekend this season when I usually get to about a dozen away's a season with Latics). Same reason as to why I parted with £20 to watch City v Arsenal even though I hate City. Turned out to be well worth it as it was by far the best football match i've seen all season. Actually I lie - the £25 I spent on England v Croatia was better value for money. You put that into comparison to what people pay at Latics to watch consistantly :censored:e football. You can go and watch a Gig, Comedian, etc for what you pay to get into Latics. People go on about the club competiting for fans against City and United on our doorstep but there's alot of our current fanbase who'd now much rather go to a gig every other weekend than spend that same money on Latics.

Latics for a number of years now has felt like a chore rather than a desire. Feeling like you have to be there, rather than a want. It shouldnt be like that - it's simply not the way I grew up growing a love for a team I have absolutely no affiliation to the town of whatsoever. I never ask for much from a football side - I didnt grow up expecting to be supporting title winners every season - I grew up watching players who played with pride, passion and belief. Three key words which are the reason why some absolutely :censored:e footballers made themselves a hit with Latics fans simply through effort and determination alone. 11 of those and i'd gladly partake with £20 a week or £308 a year.

Enjoy the pub. I just hope not too many do like you. Simple. Like I said earlier do what you're going to do but, please make it for you, not adding on lots of others are going to be doing. What have others got to do with you? If it's not in your blood, it's not and no one can put it there. Remember this, the fans will still be here long after TTA, Penney and this crop of players providing there's something of a club still here. I guess it's like your soccer saturday pub.......it might just not be around very long.

Some of us are in a better position than other fans where they can no doubt pay over the odds for something or have enough upfront £££s to get one. Others wont/cant...

I doubt many people buying ST would do it if it did not save them money.... i take my hat off to people who can afford to throw money at the club but for me it makes you no more a supporter than the guy who can only afford to come to a couple of games etc...

This class hierarchy is a bit elitist for my liking...

Edited by oafc0000

Some of us are in a better position than other fans where they can no doubt pay over the odds for something or have enough upfront £££s to get one. Others wont/cant...

I doubt many people buying ST would do it if it did not save them money.... i take my hat off to people who can afford to throw money at the club but for me it makes you no more a supporter than the guy who can only afford to come to a couple of games etc...

There might be a few who think they're better fans for having an ST, but for the vast majority I think the accusation of elitism is a bit harsh.

Anyone who can call him/herself a fan will support the club in the best way their budget and circumstances allow, and is equal among all fans for doing so.

I think most who are claiming they will not renew next season have not made affordability the issue. Elitism as cock all to do with it brother. I am a working class lad from a working class background, brought up on council estates and Labour to my core. I've seen days of unemployment and scrapping a living.

My whole dismay here is those seeking solice by advocating others to stop supporting their club to make their abandonment some how ok. For me it's weak willed and a way of leaving like they would have done anyway. This current crop of players is just the perfect excuse for me.

Edited by Lags

Think Penney has next few weeks to save his job, but whether he is here or not will renew next year.

Interested to see what the 'very exciting offer' mentioned in the programme on Wednesday is with regards to Season Tickets for next year! Only way to get plenty of bums on seats is to do like Hudders did 100 quid season tickets but honestly cant see Latics trying anything like that!

Think Penney has next few weeks to save his job, but whether he is here or not will renew next year.

Interested to see what the 'very exciting offer' mentioned in the programme on Wednesday is with regards to Season Tickets for next year! Only way to get plenty of bums on seats is to do like Hudders did 100 quid season tickets but honestly cant see Latics trying anything like that!

I hope it's not get a huge discount for buying now for next season. That would be just too Moore-esk!

Edited by Lags

You might have a bit more surplus cash if you spent less on going to Rochdale and City games.

As an aside the prices of Gigs are rocketing now, with the sales of CD's not bringing Artists any money these days they are taking it out of touring. Unless you catch a band in their infancy the price can be ridiculous. I paid £35 to go and watch Paul Weller in Halifax (but that was a chance to see a hero in a small venue) and the annual big boys beano to see the pogues just before Christmas costs £35 +. The last gig I went to (the Doves at G-Mex) was £25 I think.

No mate, not just you.

I'm with you both, support the club you love or don't moan at its demise. There are good and bad times, you don't have to like it(I'm not at the mo and think DP's tactics are strangling performances personally).

However contributing to the continuing existence of the club, now that's not a choice IMO

I'm with you both, support the club you love or don't moan at its demise. There are good and bad times, you don't have to like it(I'm not at the mo and think DP's tactics are strangling performances personally).

However contributing to the continuing existence of the club, now that's not a choice IMO

Of course it is a choice, you either do or you don't.