different approch?

here's a wacky idea, at the moment we all agree that one of the main issues is that the players lack any connection to the club and are probably waiting until next season when they leave and get another signing on fee, so as bad as we are playing and relegation looks on the cards, do we drop most of them and look into the reserves/youth, kids with abit of hunger!

Now i know the team will be young and probably out muscled, but would we want a team that gives sweat and blood but goes down, or a team that goes for the most boring draws in the world and escapes relegation through the skin of their teeth?

here's a wacky idea, at the moment we all agree that one of the main issues is that the players lack any connection to the club and are probably waiting until next season when they leave and get another signing on fee, so as bad as we are playing and relegation looks on the cards, do we drop most of them and look into the reserves/youth, kids with abit of hunger!

Now i know the team will be young and probably out muscled, but would we want a team that gives sweat and blood but goes down, or a team that goes for the most boring draws in the world and escapes relegation through the skin of their teeth?

A lot of the kids play like they don't give a toss - see Lewi and Smalley, even Brookey on occasion has been criticised for lack of effort. Bring in the kids and we'll be down by easter but just my opinion. For every Chris Rowney there is a little prima donna that thinks he's made it after a couple of sub appearances. I would like to see more of Brookey and Black who I thought was superb in a game earlier in the season - can't remember which they all morph into one these days.

What we need is a reliable keeper - 7 clean sheets in 17

Two steady full-backs willing to push on - under no circumstances does that mean Lomax EVER!

Two strong centre-halves

A passing midfielder who can run

A ball winning midfielder

Two quick wingers

A little and large act up front

So where can we get all that from?

Erm....hang on......

So change of approach....Mr. Penney?

Edited by oafcprozac

A lot of the kids play like they don't give a toss - see Lewi and Smalley, even Brookey on occasion has been criticised for lack of effort. Bring in the kids and we'll be down by easter but just my opinion. For every Chris Rowney there is a little prima donna that thinks he's made it after a couple of sub appearances. I would like to see more of Brookey and Black who I thought was superb in a game earlier in the season - can't remember which they all morph into one these days.

What we need is a reliable keeper - 7 clean sheets in 17

Two steady full-backs willing to push on - under no circumstances does that mean Lomax EVER!

Two strong centre-halves

A passing midfielder who can run

A ball winning midfielder

Two quick wingers

A little and large act up front

So where can we get all that from?

Erm....hang on......

So change of approach....Mr. Penney?

Yeah right!! :grin: