15 August 2010 - where will we be?

(For argument's sake, assume 15 August will be first day of the new season, it being a World Cup year)

So, fellow 'expert' predictors, try to focus away from the immediate aftermath of last night's result and tell us where you think the club will be on 15 August 2010. And I don't mean 'Stockport away', I mean in the wider context.

Me? I have a feeling we may have a hectic and scary few months to come, more off the pitch than on it. I predict many intertwined events will have a significant bearing on the immediate and long term future of the club, and unless something major happens to change the direction the club is headed, then:

I predict that on 15 August 2010 we'll be kicking off the 2010/11 season in League Two. On -10 points.

(For argument's sake, assume 15 August will be first day of the new season, it being a World Cup year)

So, fellow 'expert' predictors, try to focus away from the immediate aftermath of last night's result and tell us where you think the club will be on 15 August 2010. And I don't mean 'Stockport away', I mean in the wider context.

Me? I have a feeling we may have a hectic and scary few months to come, more off the pitch than on it. I predict many intertwined events will have a significant bearing on the immediate and long term future of the club, and unless something major happens to change the direction the club is headed, then:

I predict that on 15 August 2010 we'll be kicking off the 2010/11 season in League Two. On -10 points.

And TTA are about £6-8 million poorer, Failsworth will have failed to materialise even into a planning application. We'll be on the verge of homelessness due to TTA still owning the ground and Sean Gregan and Lee Duxbury will be our management team overseeing a team of kids...

If TTA bail out and we go into administration before the end of the season, by the time the new season starts we will be in Liquidation and -10 points will be the least of our problems!!

I'll admit straight away it's (almost) a worst case scenario ... but it's all too possible. :blink:

Sadly I don't believe a word of what the owners say, they promised the world and instead because their business plan failed, and certain things failed to fall into their laps they are allowing us to slowly die - a new ground will not be the cure. See Darlington, Oxford, Bournemouth (rebuild), Mansfield (rebuild) etc... all similar sized clubs to us now and pretty much where we are heading. The trouble is TTA have won, supporter apathy is at its highest point, Bazza on the board has got his way with no-one willing to challenge his position or that of the Trust and like Oldham RL this apathy will see us slide into oblivion. I truly fear where we will be in five years without an urgent injection on not only funds but enthusiasm and fighting spirit.

There's far too much of the Nemo's about both TTA and the fanbase, the parallels with ORLFC are terrifying!

My crystal ball shows Latics still in League One, thanks to other clubs having had points deducted. Planning permission for the new stadium will have been granted. The construction of houses at the back of the Chaddy End will be well underway, and planning permission will have been granted for the construction of key worker dwellings on land adjacent to BP.

Latics will still be playing at BP and the new stadium will be scheduled for completion in the 2012/13 season.

There's far too much of the Nemo's about both TTA and the fanbase, the parallels with ORLFC are terrifying!

Not sure what the now defunct East Midlands supporters branch has to do with anything.

We'll be on 0 points in League One, above Rochdale on alphabetical order.

About 20-1 for promotion with the bookies on the back of 2 or 3 solid signings & a strong finish to last season which saw us through to 11th place.

A bumper crowd expected to see the debut of player coach Paul Scholes at home to local rivals Rochdale :grin:

New stadium plans went tits up again :lol:

About 20-1 for promotion with the bookies on the back of 2 or 3 solid signings & a strong finish to last season which saw us through to 11th place.

A bumper crowd expected to see the debut of player coach Paul Scholes at home to local rivals Rochdale :grin:

New stadium plans went tits up again :lol:

And then I exited Football Manager 2011 and turned my computer off. :laught16:

Sorry to hear that - are you deleting your signature?

In fairness I did acknowledge it's practical abolition earlier in the season, the signature is more of a tribute - it will remain alive in name only. You can't have all the Midlands to yourself just yet.

My crystal ball shows Latics still in League One, thanks to other clubs having had points deducted. Planning permission for the new stadium will have been granted. The construction of houses at the back of the Chaddy End will be well underway, and planning permission will have been granted for the construction of key worker dwellings on land adjacent to BP.

Latics will still be playing at BP and the new stadium will be scheduled for completion in the 2012/13 season.

I think that as well, but I would that depression rates will have risen in the meantime.

In fairness I did acknowledge it's practical abolition earlier in the season, the signature is more of a tribute - it will remain alive in name only. You can't have all the Midlands to yourself just yet.

I have no wish for B.A.L.L.S. to contain more of the Midlands (or 'England-centric' as David Sheepshanks calls it) but OWTB has at least one Leicester-based member who might wish to keep N.E.M.O. alive.

after having played 5 pre-season friendlies against teams from the leagues above us, such as games against Rochdale, Bury, Shrewsbury, Sunderland u-15s and probably MK Dons reserves erm i mean Stockport, the plans for Failsworth will have been rejected for planning approval because too many local residents will not put up with the constant booing emminating from the ground after each home game, Boundary Park will be a spectacular 2 sided stadium un- paralleled anywhere in the footballing world, The team will be made up of new talent including player manager Alan Hardy with the new England number 1 Dean Brill by name Brill by nature in goal, a back four including Sean Gregan, his carer, Lord Katanga and Chaddy the owl. Midfield marshalled by Casper with the 2 american girls on the wings closely followed by John WOrthington , up front is a problem area once again but fortunately Player manager Alan has used his charm and persuaded one of the Dinner ladies from the canteen to accept a pay cut to partner Lewis Alessandra.

in other words.......as long as we havent folded its a bonus