Millwall match stuff

Didn't sound like we had many shots on target, though.

That's one of my favourite old chestnuts - so it would be fine if we'd had 17 pea-rollers at the keeper, but it's a problem if players put their foot through the ball and narrowly miss with the keeper well beaten? I know it's no points but this sounded much more positive than Wednesday to me, even Poison Dwarf got involved early on.

That's one of my favourite old chestnuts - so it would be fine if we'd had 17 pea-rollers at the keeper, but it's a problem if players put their foot through the ball and narrowly miss with the keeper well beaten? I know it's no points but this sounded much more positive than Wednesday to me, even Poison Dwarf got involved early on.

I don't think either is anything we should particularly aspire to, but surely the odd on target pea-roller might decieve the keeper and get us goal. Eternal off target efforts, however..........

FFS, when we are dreadful and get nothing then fair enough, but it sounds like we have played very well today and been mugged. We've gone for it and made chances, it's pretty shallow to act as if they've turned up and given the points away again

We were slightly better than Wednesday.

That wasn't too difficult though.

Ok, first half we were half decent. Parker, Smalley and Abbott missed great chances, the first two in particular should have done better.

Second half we were poor.

As for the penalty, the lino got it all wrong by missing what triggered it all.

1) The ball was moving up the pitch - all that happened was off the ball.

2) Their player tripped Gregan in the Latics box - off the ball.

3) Gregan responded with the handbags stuff - in the box.

4) There was a delay of what seemed like an age before the lino flagged. Really long delay.

5) Gregan booked - penalty given .... the lino had evidently missed the trip but seen the afters.

Correct decision would have been free kick to Latics and, potentially, 2 red cards.

But, Gregan should know better than to get involved like that. If all the lino has seen is the pushing then he can only tell the ref what he's seen ... and that gives the ref no choice but to point to the spot.

Edited by opinions4u

ye but not 1 chance put away is a huge problem,

its ok if we scored am few this season and narrowly miss thats acceptable but when every shot is "narrowly missed" and how many games we won now 1 in 12?

i dont care if we play like the harlem globetrotters of football if we dont get it in the back of the net we will be showin it off to oxford united in conference

In truth Millwall didn't deserve to win and I've never seen a penalty given for an off the ball scuffle till today. That said we simply are not good enough to carve out chances and hence cannot score. We my friends are going down with this side.

Edited by Lags

We should have won about 14-0, simple as.

The fact is, Parker simply can't score 1 on 1s, and that is costing us dearly, especially when DP's playing him up front.

Pav was guilty of a few as well, as well as Smalley.

Sometimes you just feel as if the football Gods are against you... this was one of those (all too common!) days.

1000 times better than Wednesday, and 1000 times more entertaining too, on the bright side!

In truth Millwall didn't deserve to win and I've never seen a penalty given for an off the ball scuffle till today. That said we simply are not good enough to carve out chances and hence cannot score. We my friends are going down with this side.

With this side I agree Lags.

How do you know the pen wasn't correct ?

1-0 down :(

Penalty was incorrect, off the ball incident/ stubborn linesmen from the part in box when they was attacking

I may be wrong but I genuinely don't remember their keeper making a save at all.

Jacobsen free kick - end of first half straight at him - Abbotts shot second half

We should have won about 14-0, simple as.

The fact is, Parker simply can't score 1 on 1s, and that is costing us dearly, especially when DP's playing him up front.

Pav was guilty of a few as well, as well as Smalley.

Sometimes you just feel as if the football Gods are against you... this was one of those (all too common!) days.

1000 times better than Wednesday, and 1000 times more entertaining too, on the bright side!

Yes it was without question, but this side is going down because we are bobbins going forward. Big mention for Brill again today....is this the same lad?.

Said it tuther month, we won't see a new stadium yet we'll see BP housed and Rochdale will be our landlords, who'll be in a higher division.

Edited by Lags

I dont think its a poor team today,

good defence, decent midfield, decent amount of chances but the critical point is not one put away,

maybe we should have scored but that shows we can create chances, but yet again we have noone who can find the back of the net, we need a proven goalscorer or abbott to find form,

we could do with a big strong lad next to abbott i think