Penny Out?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If penney does get the bullet then the next appointment has to 'fit' the club

Most of us have been brought up on a cavalier type of football at BP, defence has never really been our forte, We've always had the mindset of we can outscore you.

The managers who have set us up to be dour ie. sharpe,talbot have never gone down well and never captured the fans imagination therefore never received full support.Penney falls into this category.

We need someone to come in who wants to entertain us and bring some attacking flair back to the club. This type of appointment would probably get more time and patience from the fans if they could see we were having a go and not surrendering meekly as we are at present.

BRING THE FUN BACK TO BOUNDARY PARK!

People keep mentioning Dowie.

I very much doubt he will ever feel the need to drop back to League One.

Even if he did, we know categorically that there is absolutely no chance of him returning to this club while TTA are still here. They are on record as saying that, and I for one don't blame them. Dowie well and truly burnt his bridges when and after he left by proving himself to be a selfish, greedy, morally bankrupt arsehole.

I don't think it will either, because I doubt our board would have the foresight to hire someone like him.

As for the "he'd never leave Rochdale who are top of League Two for Oldham who are in a relegation battle" reason; it's nonsense. The way I see, it's still a step up for him, we could offer him better terms, a better budget and the crack of managing a League One team now and one which he wouldn't have to relocate for. We are still in a better position than Rochdale (what u been smokin' bbrr?), they're in League Two looking like good value for promotion, we're in League One in 21st but nowhere near doomed for relegation, or at least like Stockport are. Do you think Keith Hill has faith in his managerial abilities? Do you think Keith Hill thinks that he could win our game in hand against the bottom team to get us out of the relegation spots? Yes I think that he thinks he could. Okay, now assume he kept us up, even mid table and Rochdale do come up, we're both at the same level, but again our budget will be bigger and he'll be on better money. And surely you'd think that Oldham would have more chance of a promotion push next season if Hill came and did his business than Rochdale would even if Hill stayed there?

According to most people on here we're in this position because of Penney....so if you get rid of Penney and replace him with Hill do you think we'd still be as inept and spineless?

Doubt the budget would be so black and white.

Our ever decreasing season ticket sales, and Dales uprise in season ticket sales from people returning to a succesful club will have quite a say in budgets...

I have heard a tale tonight that a sign has been hung on the dressing room door. It says training is cancelled on monday and is signed Simon Corney. I can only think of one scenario, what do people think?

1. Why would they hang a sign on the door?

2. Why wouldn't Duxbury or someone else from the staff take training if Penney wasn't there.

3. Who saw this sign to tell everyone.

4. What colour pen was it written in?

1. Why would they hang a sign on the door?

2. Why wouldn't Duxbury or someone else from the staff take training if Penney wasn't there.

3. Who saw this sign to tell everyone.

4. What colour pen was it written in?

Hey guess what, I was wrong. Or rather my :sauce: was.