Ackey...a new slant

My guess is he didn't get kept on after the probationary period, nothing more sinister than that.

Normally probationary periods are 3 months aren;t they.

THough I agree nothing more sinister, jsut not qute working out.

No doubt he will enlighten some, so I hope there is a confidentiality agrement in place.

My guess is he didn't get kept on after the probationary period, nothing more sinister than that.

From my point of view the site was better under the last guy... Didn't he win awards and stuff ? Seems like he was a hard act to follow...

When I went for the job years ago I quickly found out they really wanted a journalist rather than a web master / techie and really was not right for me. There is little technical about the official site, its basically a CMS system from what I understand. The advertised for a webmaster which for me is more of a technical role. So I would not be surprised if Ackey ended up being the right guy in the wrong job as such. Given some of the errors which have appeared on the site. This said its also now clear he was doing more than one job...

Either way... Good luck to the lad...

Im guessing they had complaints off fans about the OS, as no one can deny some of the articles posted had typing errors in them , maybe the more pedantic fans moaned

Yup probably right...

To be frank I have more things to worry me than the quality of spelling on the site :) Maybe it was people not knowing the club shop would be closed to sell keyrings while under 8 foot of snow... But you can only put up what you are asked to put up surely ?

Yup probably right...

To be frank I have more things to worry me than the quality of spelling on the site :) Maybe it was people not knowing the club shop would be closed to sell keyrings while under 8 foot of snow... But you can only put up what you are asked to put up surely ?

Ai,

anyway as I said on twitter all the best mate plenty more jobs out there

Yup probably right...

can I be Tony?

Yup probably right...

I really don't think they've got rid because of a few typos. He wasn't a journalist and Stu Vose was. On the job description (which I saw, as I applied for the position) the job was more geared towards website support so suited more technically minded people. He got the job because his background was a good fit for the role and his passion for Latics unquestionable. Certainly hasn't been ousted because he doesn't know the "i before e except after c" rhyme anyway.

Definite cost-cutting measure by Latics. I don't think it's fair to carry on speculating either. It's happened and someone's lost their job. Do we really have to go scrutinising this? After all, when a scout was laid off last month it hardly got a mention.

I see that article - or the Ackey bit tagged on the end - as Alan coming in, wondering what the **** has been going on lately, and doing what little he can to right the travesty that was the OS announcement of Ackey's departure.

At least Alan had the good grace to thank Ackey for his work and wish him well for the future. I really wouldn't read too much into him "not pleasing some fans".

I really don't think they've got rid because of a few typos. He wasn't a journalist and Stu Vose was. On the job description (which I saw, as I applied for the position) the job was more geared towards website support so suited more technically minded people. He got the job because his background was a good fit for the role and his passion for Latics unquestionable. Certainly hasn't been ousted because he doesn't know the "i before e except after c" rhyme anyway.

Definite cost-cutting measure by Latics. I don't think it's fair to carry on speculating either. It's happened and someone's lost their job. Do we really have to go scrutinising this? After all, when a scout was laid off last month it hardly got a mention.

Well said. Yeah enough is enough now. It was discussed enough in the last thread.

:locker: