GETTING REAL

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is great that you both are doing this. I'm sure you'll find things in order. I agree with oafc0000's comments that this is something the Trust should be doing but the chairman is too busy being rude and patronising to the fans he is supposed to be representing. The Trust are a law to themselves and something needs to be done. I don't think anything will change however.

It might if Inspector Clouseau steps down.....

Everyone is aloud a good rant even if thay are on the board the ammount of bitching that goes on in this forum is zzzzz.

you all can give it but you cant take it well said barry give these girls what for.

I woiuld finally add that I am writing this mail as a club director

Maybe I am being picky but I would suggest as a club director he could of given it more thought.

Out of interest and something of a side isse... Is Barry's name recorded at companies house as being a director ?

Edited by oafc0000

Maybe I am being picky but I would suggest as a club director he could of given it more though.

Out of interest and something of a side isse... Is Barry's name recorded at companies house as being a director ?

When I downloaded the accounts the other day I noticed that there was a document relating to Director Barry Owen so yes. THough if you ever were proud of your Lancy routes, and hate those Yorkshire lot, guess where the clubs registered office is?

When I downloaded the accounts the other day I noticed that there was a document relating to Director Barry Owen so yes. THough if you ever were proud of your Lancy routes, and hate those Yorkshire lot, guess where the clubs registered office is?

Thanks for that. Go on, should be good for a laugh :)

It might if Inspector Clouseau steps down.....

Is he going to step down? Who's going to remove him from his post? There's too much apathy around for the status quo to change. Barry may as well be a regular board member with Ian Hill. I know who's opinion I do respect out of the two though.

Maybe I am being picky but I would suggest as a club director he could of given it more thought.

Well he is upset wiht the way things are going on and of the field like we all are we also like to have our say on the forum some more then others, he is entitled to have his say aswell weather people like it or not its a forum freedom of speach and all that bollox.

Well he is upset wiht the way things are going on and of the field like we all are we also like to have our say on the forum some more then others, he is entitled to have his say aswell weather people like it or not its a forum freedom of speach and all that bollox.

He made a statement as a club director. He is more than free to do that. Problem is, it IS a tad different than a "fan" ranting their opinion

A question for you. Do you think his words have united the fan base ? Do you think stay aways are likely to return after hearing this "rallying" call ?

Edited by oafc0000

Is he going to step down? Who's going to remove him from his post? There's too much apathy around for the status quo to change. Barry may as well be a regular board member with Ian Hill. I know who's opinion I do respect out of the two though.

1. I think the first thing which should happen is the position of "fan on the board" should be immediately but temporary dissolved.
  2. Next the trust needs to get its house in order. No one, right now, can even tell you how many active members there are. They have not even got Constitution and Aims listed on there website. No method of signing up on line or off-line from what I see etc etc. The role of fan on the board needs to be defined and should be separate from chairman.
  3. Once fans have then been given opportunity to register the WHOLE trust board to resign and reapply during re-election. Including the role of chairman AND a separate role for fan on the board. The election should be advertise as much as possible

The other option is to disband both the trust and the role of fan on the board and work out what the hell to replace it with.

Anyone have any ideas to re-engage please do speak up.

On a side note it HAS been suggested by some that ONLY Barry Owen can do the job of fan on the board as TTA would not accept working with someone else. Well sorry TTA, the position was never created under those terms and it should be for the FANS to decide who represents them. I TTA have a problem with this then that tells a tale in its own right. A tale that should be played out. I personally think TTA would be welcoming of new blood giving last nights own goal.

It has also been suggested that the role is full time one. I find this to stupid. The role should be no more than to attend board meetings, offer opinions, vote and over see the general running of the club. It should not be a full time position and should be open to anyone who can do the job on a part time (or less) basis.

My opinion as a "none real fan" in the clubs eyes.

Edited by oafc0000

He made a statement as a club director. He is more than free to do that. Problem is, it IS a tad different than a "fan" ranting their opinion

A question for you. Do you think his words have united the fan base ? Do you think stay aways are likely to return after hearing this "rallying" call ?

Tbh i couldnt care less i support my team not the people behind the scene i will go to watch my shaby team what ever goes on.

Tbh i couldnt care less i support my team not the people behind the scene i will go to watch my shaby team what ever goes on.

You do that then, no problems with that at all. I want my team to thrive not just merely survive.

Fine, leave the future of the club to others. It is a mistake to think just turning up and paying your money every week ensures safety.

You can't get away from the fact that if enough people turned up and paid their money, the Club would break even and be seen as a good investment prospect. Why they don't turn up and pay their money is the question, but leaving the Club to others who don't turn up and pay their money is not the answer.

You can't get away from the fact that if enough people turned up and paid their money, the Club would break even and be seen as a good investment prospect. Why they don't turn up and pay their money is the question, but leaving the Club to others who don't turn up and pay their money is not the answer.

Well leaving it to people who do pay there money but do not question is not the answer either. Neither is the answer to leave it to people who do pay who are happy to "wait and see" forever and a day.

Edited by oafc0000

Why don't we just scrap it all together?

Because I thought the idea of it was to put teh fans views across to the club

But basically what is happening and has been happening for a long time is the trust side with the owners against the fans

How about we get a real fans group together with some one passionate who represents the clubs views to run it, who will post on here regular and will be regulary available to discuss matters with fans

This is vital especially in the current climate with there being such a division with the fans and the club. Wer only a small club after all and we need to stick together and we have no chance with this current set up

Why don't we just scrap it all together?

Because I thought the idea of it was to put teh fans views across to the club

But basically what is happening and has been happening for a long time is the trust side with the owners against the fans

How about we get a real fans group together with some one passionate who represents the clubs views to run it, who will post on here regular and will be regulary available to discuss matters with fans

This is vital especially in the current climate with there being such a division with the fans and the club. Wer only a small club after all and we need to stick together and we have no chance with this current set up

good post, but look what happened last time we did that

I posted off my own bat. I don't need prompting but inserted the question about the owners because they have made that point to be previously.

For those who wonder why I don't post regularly someone will remind people of the past history with personal abuse towards my family and myself.

I can have a decent debate with anyone but not when abuse is an element.

What I have said tonight needed saying and I stick by my words that people do need to get real.

To those long standing latics fans, I hear what you are saying and do not purport to show any disrespect towards you. I merely ask that you continue with your support of the club.

Barry

Count me out.....

I posted off my own bat. I don't need prompting but inserted the question about the owners because they have made that point to be previously.

For those who wonder why I don't post regularly someone will remind people of the past history with personal abuse towards my family and myself.

I can have a decent debate with anyone but not when abuse is an element.

What I have said tonight needed saying and I stick by my words that people do need to get real.

To those long standing latics fans, I hear what you are saying and do not purport to show any disrespect towards you. I merely ask that you continue with your support of the club.

Barry

I for one will be continuing to support oldham athletic, but i have very big concerns over the future of the club.

I for one will be continuing to support oldham athletic, but i have very big concerns over the future of the club.

I think we all will be supporting the club in our own ways. It's just that saying you follow Oldham Athletic isn't enough anymore, you have to spend your money regardless of the product on/off the pitch which isn't right.