admission prices

The U16 can join Boundary Blues for £50 a season. So that would be a starting point. I think it's £25 for half a season too.

£20 is about right by league one standards.

I'd prefer it to be less, but it economic reality will stop it happening.

Edited by opinions4u

Anybody think that £20 for anyone over 16. and £11 for anyone under 16 is asking alot to watch a league 1 team in the relegation zone, in a 3sided stadium?

immediate reaction is yes, but....

when you compare it to how much the cost of everything else -food, petrol etc - has risen over the last 5 years I doubt it's gone up to the same extent.

20 quid is far too much, and probably the main reason why a lot of people I know no longer go - they can't/won't commit to a season ticket but would definitely come on a casual basis, but it's a 30 quid 2-3 hour outing....

However, you don't have to be a genius to understand that the club has no option but to charge such high prices, when even at this level player's wages are so high.

Fortunately for me I've just been given a free season ticket for the rest of the season...no more paying through the nose for me.

Edited by Yard Dog

barca v getafe prices next weekend

Members Public

GRANDSTAND from 45 to 57€ from 56 to 71€

LATERAL from 32 to 46€ from 40 to 58€

GOAL from 22 to 29€ from 27 to 36€

GENERAL 15€ 19€

so anyone wanting to go next weekend will pay between £17 and £64 depending on where you want to sit.

i usually sit behind goal area,so as a member i'd be paying £26 for my usual seat.

its a rip off watching football in england.

Prices should be:

Adults - £15

Students ( When produce a valid student card ) - £13

12-18 Years - £8

Under 12's £5 main stand, keep the price current in RRE & chaddy for them, think its £3?

But that wouldn't make any business sense, would it? Lowering prices would have to have the effect of increasing gates to a level at which it generates at least as much income as the current prices.

Yes, on a rationale level, the value for third tier football is :censored: but then football certainly doesn't survive on common sense. The big issue right now is that, even from the irrational supporters viewpoint, the current 'offering' isn't worth paying for.

barca v getafe prices next weekend

Members Public

GRANDSTAND from 45 to 57€ from 56 to 71€

LATERAL from 32 to 46€ from 40 to 58€

GOAL from 22 to 29€ from 27 to 36€

GENERAL 15€ 19€

so anyone wanting to go next weekend will pay between £17 and £64 depending on where you want to sit.

i usually sit behind goal area,so as a member i'd be paying £26 for my usual seat.

its a rip off watching football in england.

but at 19 euros you can't actually see anything

But that wouldn't make any business sense, would it? Lowering prices would have to have the effect of increasing gates to a level at which it generates at least as much income as the current prices.

Yes, on a rationale level, the value for third tier football is :censored: but then football certainly doesn't survive on common sense. The big issue right now is that, even from the irrational supporters viewpoint, the current 'offering' isn't worth paying for.

Lower ticket prices will result in more people wanting to come, everyone prefers a cheaper product.

Some cant afford a season ticket, but with the reduced prices, they might be able to afford a standard season ticket as they would be paying£115 less, which will result in more fans, who previously were unable to afford it.

However, i do agree with the current offering bit, but if/when the football becomes more attractive and we start scoring goals, these prices could significantly boost the attendance.

Lower ticket prices will result in more people wanting to come, everyone prefers a cheaper product.

Some cant afford a season ticket, but with the reduced prices, they might be able to afford a standard season ticket as they would be paying£115 less, which will result in more fans, who previously were unable to afford it.

However, i do agree with the current offering bit, but if/when the football becomes more attractive and we start scoring goals, these prices could significantly boost the attendance.

But would it bring an upturn of a third of more on top of what the gate would otherwise be? I'm not so sure it would; in fact I'm reasonably confident it wouldn't, not for a sustained period. And if not, then the club would be leaving itself out of pocket, something it can ill afford to do.

im a student 19years old. Ive got nowt to do on saturday afternoon, id probably go latics if it was a tenner, but id be daft to spend/waste £20 goin Oldham V Brentford.

You say that but i'm a student and that's exactly what i'll be doing this saturday. Since being at uni i havn't been going as much but i still go when i can. I do think the student pricing is very unclear at the club though. I like it at non league where i can turn up show my student id on the turnstile and get in for £4. Why can't we do that at BP (admittedly not for that price but maybe £15)

Personally I think the prices are too high but I think that is probably the same at most league one and possibly championship clubs. Especailly when Wigan and Bolton (two Premier League clubs which are closer to me than Oldham is!) do very goo offers.

I have in fact emailed the club today informing them of an offer Bolton are doing for their upcoming fixture against Fulham. A dad and lad ticket for £12. To me this is a bargain and an offer our Marketing dept should look at.

Be interested to know your opinons on the offer

Personally I think the prices are too high but I think that is probably the same at most league one and possibly championship clubs. Especailly when Wigan and Bolton (two Premier League clubs which are closer to me than Oldham is!) do very goo offers.

I don't know how many £millions these businesses get from the Premership TV deals with Sky and ESPN, but it's exponsentially more than any League One club gets from the BBC deal.

Ultimately, our Sky subscriptions subsidise these deals that effectively make our own club's offerings less competitive.

I have in fact emailed the club today informing them of an offer Bolton are doing for their upcoming fixture against Fulham. A dad and lad ticket for £12. To me this is a bargain and an offer our Marketing dept should look at.
I'd suggest somebody sues them for sex discrimination.

I though the "Dad and 11 kids for £12" deal for the Exeter game was a better offer!

"Or Mum, Dad and 8 kids for £12".

Edited by opinions4u

I don't know how many £millions these businesses get from the Premership TV deals with Sky and ESPN, but it's exponsentially more than any League One club gets from the BBC deal.

Ultimately, our Sky subscriptions subsidise these deals that effectively make our own club's offerings less competitive.

I'd suggest somebody sues them for sex discrimination.

I though the "Dad and 11 kids for £12" deal for the Exeter game was a better offer!

"Or Mum, Dad and 8 kids for £12".

£13 actually :wink:

im a student 19years old. Ive got nowt to do on saturday afternoon, id probably go latics if it was a tenner, but id be daft to spend/waste £20 goin Oldham V Brentford.

You say that but i'm a student and that's exactly what i'll be doing this saturday. Since being at uni i havn't been going as much but i still go when i can. I do think the student pricing is very unclear at the club though. I like it at non league where i can turn up show my student id on the turnstile and get in for £4. Why can't we do that at BP (admittedly not for that price but maybe £15)

Student membership is £13 per season and allows you to pay the under 16 price.

Student membership is £13 per season and allows you to pay the under 16 price.

being a student and living away from home means that i am only around for the odd game. So why would i bother with the hassle and expense of paying £13 at the start of the season when i may only be able to attend a handfull of games, id be better off just trying to chance it as an under16. Why cant i turn up with my NUS card and pay a student price, i mean how complicated is that?

Yeah, you get a card, its a laminated piece of paper so where the £13 admin cost goes I don't know, but you just show that on the gate or at the TO.

I agree, an NUS card policy would be more sensible, it's come up before and apparently it's a method that's open to abuse. I'm not sure.

Yeah, you get a card, its a laminated piece of paper so where the £13 admin cost goes I don't know, but you just show that on the gate or at the TO.

I agree, an NUS card policy would be more sensible, it's come up before and apparently it's a method that's open to abuse. I'm not sure.

Yeh thats fair i suppose, i can imagine people would abuse it