Will Haining

I know he was training with us in pre season before going to train with Blackpool but i thought the reason why we didnt offer him a contract was because we couldnt afford him?

I've only just found out he ended up signing for Morecambe! and now SPL side St Johnstone want him...

We should of at least made an offer, even now... we need decent competition for centre backs

I know he was training with us in pre season before going to train with Blackpool but i thought the reason why we didnt offer him a contract was because we couldnt afford him?

I've only just found out he ended up signing for Morecambe! and now SPL side St Johnstone want him...

We should of at least made an offer, even now... we need decent competition for centre backs

I think it was more doing him a favour to help him take part in pre-season training and didn't impress the training staff either way.

I don't believe he's been over impressive in Division 4 so far this season and i'm quite convinced that we'd be in a far greater predicament than we are now if Haining had been partnering Mr Gregan this season!! Two Queen Marys in the same back 4 is too much for any Goalkeeper, never mind our very own Dean Brill.

Reason for edit; Precision

Edited by futchers briefs

I don't believe he's been over impressive in Division 4 so far this season and i'm quite convinced that we'd be in a far greater predicament than we are now if Haining had been partnering Mr Gregan this season!! Two Queen Marys in the same back 4 is too much for any Goalkeeper, never mind our very own Dean Brill.

Reason for edit; Precision

Now that is beautiful!

On a day when we've seen a critique of another board member's use of the written word we get a semi-colon and the reason for its usage isn't a correction, or a mistake but precision!

I doff my hat to you sir!

Now that is beautiful!

On a day when we've seen a critique of another board member's use of the written word we get a semi-colon and the reason for its usage isn't a correction, or a mistake but precision!

I doff my hat to you sir!

Kind of you to give credit presumably on the basis that a semi-colon is better than no colon?

Manager didn't think he was worth the money he wanted, Morecambe did, they were having a bid this season, so far they are 10th. Perhaps Penney got this one right?

I like Haining but who knows what wages he is demanding now he had his spell as a "star" in Scotland.

Dont think he was seen as a "star". St Mirren never offered him a new contract when it expired, he spent a fair bit of time up there injured and he was not always an automatic choice to be selected.