im worried

Set against the backdrop of the days preceding Britain declaring war on Germany, the main character is George Harvey Bone, a lonely borderline alcoholic who suffers from a split personality

The book? "Hangover Square".

Or , from the review of the film by the same name...

"George Harvey Bone," a demented composer who, upon hearing discordant notes, literally goes insane and gets violent, intending to choke the life out of the last person who got him upset

Doesn't sound a nice character.

I think we'll beat Stockport.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some cases perhaps. In others people simply refuse to believe what's happening because they don't want to believe it.

I know, I cannot believe you have changed your username, just like that, in fact I refuse to believe you will not post as Corporal Jones again.

After all that time building your "brand", establishing your identity. To simply chuck away your hard won reputation so easily seems so short sighted.

It is going to condemn you to the Lower League, of posts, for a very long time.

I know, I cannot believe you have changed your username, just like that, in fact I refuse to believe you will not post as Corporal Jones again.

After all that time building your "brand", establishing your identity. To simply chuck away your hard won reputation so easily seems so short sighted.

It is going to condemn you to the Lower League, of posts, for a very long time.

'All my good life I've been a lonely man,

'Teaching people who don't understand,

And even though I tried my best,

'I still can't find no happiness...'

Any game at the moment - home or away, top team or bottom team - looks a difficult prospect given our results and performances.

Goal scoring seems an almost impossible task at the moment, and football (like all sports) is as much a mental game as a physical one. Confidence is very low, but I believe we are not as bad as it seems (though dropping Parker and finding a forward is key for me) and a bit of luck and a goal lead could see the season transformed.

Years back in the Premiership we had a similat run where we couldn't buy as goal - and then a deflection of the refs backside but Nick Henry in the clear and he slotted it away. Suddenly we changed and improved.

It can happen.

As for the doom and gloom about the future. I remember watching Hull City a few times when I lived over there, half-empty falling down stadium, rubbish football and no hope for the future. You need to have hope...

As for the doom and gloom about the future. I remember watching Hull City a few times when I lived over there, half-empty falling down stadium, rubbish football and no hope for the future. You need to have hope...

'Some go east, and some go west,

'Some step aside and try their best,

'Some living big, but most living small,

'They just can't find no food at all (they starving)...'

So did I, when Latics played there - that place was dire. But Hull doesn't have X number of Premier League clubs within Y miles of the ground.

Corp, I mean George, do me a favour and fill in the X and Y would you? I'm at work at the mo... :grin:

I would put money on Penney still being Latics manager next Saturday, even if we lose (and lose badly) on Tuesday.

Why?? Because I fail to see where we are going to get the money from to fire Penney and Gray given the lack of income through the gates, and the :censored:e crowds we have been getting for the games that have been on.

I'll not pretend to have a clue about what sacking Penney and Co may cost or whether we could afford it. I do know that, should we be unable to afford to sack the management team, we should never have put ourselves into such an outrageous position.

Could somebody please enlighten the forum as to the typical financial particulars of sacking a manager? I'll bet somebody on here knows something about it....