Robbie Keane

He's Irish though isn't he- if he was a bit younger he'd be a PLC fan. If all those Irish "fans" actually supported their local side as opposed to Celtic/Rangers +/- Man U/Liverpool maybe their leagues wouldn't be so naff.

:blink:

Yup. All those die-hard passionate Rangers fans are killing local football in Dublin.

:blink:

Yup. All those die-hard passionate Rangers fans are killing local football in Dublin Bolton.

Error corrected

Are those who live in Belfast not Irish then?

Very many of them would say not. But then again Ian Paisley recently changed the habit of a lifetime and described himself as Irish. He'll have a tricolour over his coffin and Martin giving the oration if he continues his rate of progress.

Only vaguely on topic, but ....

LeesLover - honest question - how long has Mowbray got?

Similar situation to ourselves in a way I guess, do they pay him off and bring someone (who?) else in to work with little money and a weak squad? Thing is, Strachan wasn't warmed to for playing dull football and winning, sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for...

Similar situation to ourselves in a way I guess, do they pay him off and bring someone (who?) else in to work with little money and a weak squad? Thing is, Strachan wasn't warmed to for playing dull football and winning, sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for...

Weird one this. I thought he would do really well and was delighted when he was appointed. I hope they give him time because, unlike our situation, I think things may turn around.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

Celtc have got exactly what they deserve for hounding out an excellent manager in Gordan Strachan purely for none football reasons (dont let anybody tell you any different - the football under O'Neill was similarily awful, and he is revered as a legend) and replacing him with someone who was "Celtic minded". The football under monkey head has not been improved in sacrifice for their poor results; they play poor unimaginative football whilst unable to beat the likes of Falkirk and the Killie boys.

As for talking about money, comparing the budgets of a relatively wealthy Celtc to a threadbare Rangers, Walter Smith deserves serious recongition for bitch slapping Celtic year after year with no signings in 18 months, selling some quality players and still competing in all 3 domestic competitions.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

I found the 6-2 destruction of Rangers particularly boring. And that Henrik Larsson, what an uninspiring footballer he was.

I have that one on DVD, except due to shoddy camerawork/editing it appears to be more of a 6 - 0 affair. But you are right, It was very dull watching Larsson smash goal after goal past Rangers, and he himself had very little quality to work with in the likes of Sutton, Hartson, Petrov, Thompson...

Despite the hoofball and downright thugery displayed by Celtic under O’Neill, on a full season head to head comparison with McLeish, the Gers won 2 seasons to 1. Larsson was a class player, but has since been overtaken by Boyd, which is what Rangers do, i.e. break records (FIFA confirmed, World Record Holders for most domestic titles). Anyway we digress, the way the beasts from the east celebrated signing Keane was if 10 points had automatically been awarded to them and they were top of the league...

Despite the hoofball and downright thugery displayed by Celtic under O’Neill, on a full season head to head comparison with McLeish, the Gers won 2 seasons to 1. Larsson was a class player, but has since been overtaken by Boyd, which is what Rangers do, i.e. break records (FIFA confirmed, World Record Holders for most domestic titles). Anyway we digress, the way the beasts from the east celebrated signing Keane was if 10 points had automatically been awarded to them and they were top of the league...

Do you think Boyd will go on to play for United and Barcelona then?

Whilst I do like Rangers, Larsson got his goals in less games than Boyd did...doubtless a class striker but Boyd isn't in his Larsson's class. Plus the fact Boyd got half his goals for Kilmarnock really takes away from the 'Rangers break records' argument.

Oh, and the nonsense about most world titles. Like I said, I do like Rangers but in an annual two-horse race whilst it is impressive, it's no more impressive than say Madrid's 31 in a league which is actually competitive. Aren't Celtic also in the top 3 or 4?

Whilst I do like Rangers, Larsson got his goals in less games than Boyd did...doubtless a class striker but Boyd isn't in his Larsson's class. Plus the fact Boyd got half his goals for Kilmarnock really takes away from the 'Rangers break records' argument.

Oh, and the nonsense about most world titles. Like I said, I do like Rangers but in an annual two-horse race whilst it is impressive, it's no more impressive than say Madrid's 31 in a league which is actually competitive. Aren't Celtic also in the top 3 or 4?

I'm probably more of a Blue than a Green when it comes to Glasgow football but winning 50+ titles in a league where its been only 2 teams for a long time (including the last 20 years and in half of those it was really more a question of not if Rangers were going to win the league more by how much), its not impressive. However, to sight Real Madrid as being in a competitive League is stretching it a bit as how many of those titles were during the Franco years where there was a lot of government induced pro Madrid cheating going on.

Plus Boyd v. Larsson I'd have Larsson- even now when he's been over the hill for 5 years (he was over the hill when he played for United and that was a while ago)

I'm probably more of a Blue than a Green when it comes to Glasgow football but winning 50+ titles in a league where its been only 2 teams for a long time (including the last 20 years and in half of those it was really more a question of not if Rangers were going to win the league more by how much), its not impressive. However, to sight Real Madrid as being in a competitive League is stretching it a bit as how many of those titles were during the Franco years where there was a lot of government induced pro Madrid cheating going on.

Plus Boyd v. Larsson I'd have Larsson- even now when he's been over the hill for 5 years (he was over the hill when he played for United and that was a while ago)

He was past his best before he signed for Barca. Larsson vs Boyd, don't make me laugh!